FirstBastion Sightings [Commercial] sort of

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,159
    edited March 2017

A Cop driving a FirstBastion cop car  gave me a speeding ticket in my 3000GT driving on FirstBastion  Divied highway... 

Gee I though it look like a good place to open up the twin turbo's.   Dang speed traps!.

Speeding ticket. Gallery post.  Best viewed full size for all the details   A fun render done in Iray. :)

Post edited by Ivy on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,496

Ivy,  I like what you did with the lens flares,  that worked particularly well.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,489

That looks awesome, Ivy!

I saw LaMuserie's Archère 3 in the Daz Gallery today,  the lovely leather clad female archer stalking the higher levels of the Medieval Promenade.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/342551/

I haven't posted a sightings since April.  Been a bit slack lately. 

I did see Sirens' Song by JoePingleton in the Daz Gallery this morning which has some vibrant mermaid colors against the shoreline. 

• Last time I posted to this thread was back in May.  Too Long!

I saw this image in the "Post your 3DL 3delight renders" thread here in the Daz forums by Sven Dullah.  There's something very relaxing with seagulls and sailboats.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,656

...saw this on the 3DL site and was amazed.  I feel it is just as good, if not better than some Iray scenes.  The haze is just right and the water looks great.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,825

That's a good one. A few simple additions made it a story.

• Oh, those are good!  I love that last one.  It is amazing what someone who knows what they are doing can do with 3Delight.  That's beautiful.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    edited September 2017

Seems like a long time since you've released something FirstBastion. What's it been 6-8 months? I was hoping to see some new amazing stuff from you during this PA sale. Your environmental sets always seem to strike a nice balance between beauty and usabiity. Anything coming soon?

Post edited by FrankTheTank on
  • NSFW said:

Seems like a long time since you've released something FirstBastion. What's it been 6-8 months? I was hoping to see some new amazing stuff from you during this PA sale. Your environmental sets always seem to strike a nice balance between beauty and usabiity. Anything coming soon?

I've been busy working on some contracts.  It was a good chance to get back to my level design roots.  I have managed to put together some products and plan to make them available in the next little while.   

• NSFW said:

I've been busy working on some contracts.  It was a good chance to get back to my level design roots.  I have managed to put together some products and plan to make them available in the next little while.   

Great news! Looking forward to see what you come up withsmiley

...same here.

Saw this excellent Queen of the Dragins by Sir Tancrede in the Daz Galleries.  The color pallette is perfect for the autumn months.  It notes that it used my Wilderness Two Creeks set obviously modified in a most positive way.  Lovely trees.  Well done.

edited October 2017

I saw these comicbook pages in the Force Six Annihilators series on issue by Drew Spence.  http://issuu.com/producersedge/docs/halloween_2017_parti?e=3301537/54665158

A little bit of kit bashing dropping Parkside head up against the secluded shorleine and boom instant hidden base location to tell a story.  Aways like these discoveries.

annihilatorspecialpage.jpg
    1205 x 787 - 393K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on

Saw this Elf inspired Garden Ruins by mtdana in the Daz Galleries,  using the broken bridge from the Walk Across Water set which is still part of my roads and paths bundle. Very cinematic image suggesting a larger story at work here. 

• I feel the Need for Speed type image by Winnton in the Daz Gallery today titled Miss Driver,   set on the Divided Highway.  Hopefully there's no oncoming traffic. The bright washed out colors work  realy well. 

edited December 2017

I spotted this image in the Daz Gallery by sratliff,  and they do a great job in transforming the 1950's motel into a happening hot spot,  as in tropical,  with palm trees and families.  Inspired additions,  it gives the location an unexpected vibrancy. Really like the included vintage cars too.   Well done.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,769

I spotted this image in the Daz Gallery by sratliff,  and they do a great job in transforming the 1950's motel into a happening hot spot,  as in tropical,  with palm trees and families.  Inspired additions,  it gives the location an unexpected vibrancy. Really like the included vintage cars too.   Well done.

Nice!  The only thing is that the guy with long hair and black shoes is clearly a time traveler.  I could almost buy the hairstyle if the timeframe was the mid sixties, but the shoes look a few decades too early. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,956

Looks really good. In the 70s that sort of scene: clothing, including cars, motel, hair & all was still common in Florida, although you had to go further south in Florida for those types of palm trees to overwinter. Those cars then were cheapest ones to buy on the used car market.

• sratliffsratliff Posts: 74
    edited December 2017

Thanks FirstBastion.  I really should use this model more.  I do have a couple of ... I guess you'd call them outakes ... that I used to make sure everything was set up right.  The first of them was used to make sure the trees and cars were in the right spot.  In fact it nearly became the framing of the picture at one point, until I found the third car in my runtime and decided to pull out a bit and swap the angle.

The second one was used as a test to make sure ths sunburnt boy in the back (who didn't end up as burnt as I wanted) was postioned right.  It almost had good enough reflections in the car paint that I'm seriously considering finding another shader for that part and re-rendering with a couple things added and moved around. 

Plat170502A_T1.png
    1200 x 900 - 2M
    Plat170502A_T2.png
    1200 x 900 - 2M
    Post edited by sratliff on
  • Cybersox said:

Nice!  The only thing is that the guy with long hair and black shoes is clearly a time traveler.  I could almost buy the hairstyle if the timeframe was the mid sixties, but the shoes look a few decades too early. 

The shoes were an issue. Quite frankly finding a good pair of shoes that were not sandles was an issue.  I have some now that would work.  As FirstBastion's comment has made me go back and take a look at the image, I might do a revision to fix that.  Maybe adding a bit more palms too.

• I saw this epic scene of a tall ship landing in the Daz3D gallery today by illustrart3D Gracianga,  that use both the broken bridge from my Walk Across Water  and the foot soldiers from A Distant Army Approaches to put together an massive cinematic type wide shot that's got great sense of composition and storytelling. A lot of work went into this,  and it shows. 

..that's really impressive.

• kyoto kid said:

..that's really impressive.

yah,  I thought so too. 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,825

Several of your last sightings have been really good (elf, motel, and ship)! Always motivating to see how someone takes a product many have in common and makes it special.

• Cybersox said:

Didn't surfer hair kick off the 50s?

Saw this cool sunset shot of a biker pulling into the Last Chance Gas just before dark by PatricioGandara.  Don't want to be running on empty in the middle of the night. Very nice image.  Really like the lighting and the storytelling.

edited January 2018

Not everyday we get to post a sighting off of YouTube,  but the new AniLips video promo is set in the Suburban Shopping Mall  and it features a talking horse of all things. 

suburbanshoping-1stbastion.jpg
    1138 x 684 - 133K
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

holy cow! Congratulations.