FirstBastion Sightings [Commercial] sort of

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,158
    edited February 2021

Girls in Yoga Pants on the divided highway

Taken from the girls in yoga pants collections  https://sharecg.com/v/97110/browse/1/3D-and-2D-Art/Girls-in-Yoga-Pants Sorry I had to post it at sharecg.com because the daz galleries were down at the time.i posted it

Post edited by Ivy on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,461

Haven't been in here in a while.  There are SO many broken links in the posts to the Gallery images and promo images unfortunately since the store changeover.  I'll try to fix a few if I get a chance.

edited April 2021

Saw this promo for the VyK Guaze Dress over there, putting the Mirror Finished curve arch to work with some reflection goodness.

1stb-loosemirrors-VyKdress.jpg
    480 x 600 - 194K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on

Saw this excellent lgihts and atmosphere render called "Stopped for Directions"   Awesome cool work by Capt-Flashback.   Absolutely like the color choices and the hazy atmosphere. 

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,342

I only just saw this thread for the first time today. I love this idea of showing images and video's of products being used. It's both art and promotion as the same time, since people can see how items are being used.

Love your stuff First Bastion, wish I had more money to buy more of it.

• dortybassadortybassa Posts: 491
    I wish Divided Highway had an interactive license :(

dortybassa said:

I wish Divided Highway

Do you use Unreal or Unity or something else?

• Related: some of FirstBastion's items appear to be leaving the DAZ store.  So grab them while you can or soon they'll be sighted no more.

Link to the Closeout Sale:

https://www.daz3d.com/select-firstbastion-items

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,627

..ohh thanks for the information.

So if they are leaving the Daz store where are we going to find them later?

edited June 2021

....I have a number of FirstBastion products and have found them incredibly useful. 

I used Rolling Plains with the desert texture to create the beachin the foreground .as well as the landform on the opposite side ofthe bay in the image below (3DL render).

Leela Swimsuit Final.jpg
    1250 x 1400 - 1M
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,783

Faeryl Womyn said:

So if they are leaving the Daz store where are we going to find them later?

Check out First Bastion's Commercial thread, he explained what and why he made this decision. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/143601/firstbastion-s-upcoming-lineup-commercial#latest

Thanks checking it now.

• SauronLivezSauronLivez Posts: 147
    edited June 2021

Here's a link to an image with the wonderful Gallerie Simple prop that's soon to be retired.  The prop was trivially easy to convert to iray, and looks great.  Sort of a "blah" piece overall, but the environment at least is cool!

So if you're a 3DL user and don't have it yet - get it! And if you're an iray user - it's super simple to convert - get it! ;)

Museum Party by sauronlivez on DeviantArt

Post edited by SauronLivez on
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

SauronLivez said:

Here's a link to an image with the wonderful Gallerie Simple prop that's soon to be retired.  The prop was trivially easy to convert to iray, and looks great.  Sort of a "blah" piece overall, but the environment at least is cool!

So if you're a 3DL user and don't have it yet - get it! And if you're an iray user - it's super simple to convert - get it! ;)

Museum Party by sauronlivez on DeviantArt

I wanted to add a 'Me Too'.  I've used this set quite a bit.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

Can anyone provide tips on how to change 1stB Long Stretch to a night time scene?  I've downloaded a few backgrounds that would work nicely, but I can't seem to get the lighting on the scene and objects right at all.

• Here was my attempt and I ended up gaving up on this project.

The issue was that there was very little places for the light to reflect off of.

LongRoadDriveIn.jpg
    960 x 540 - 146K
  • I saw this Long Stretch of Forested Highway 66 called Scenic by Capt. Flashback in the Daz Gallery today.  The wyvern is certainly an unexpected twist.

• Jason Galterio said:

Here was my attempt and I ended up gaving up on this project.

The issue was that there was very little places for the light to reflect off of.

Not even the reflective metal of the car in the foreground was reflecting much light.  Perhaps a different skydome with a stronger moon might help.

• Farm Fencing has been retired for a little while, so it was a nice surprise to see this massive F5 tornado barreling through the farm and barns / stables. Gotta start heading for the storm cellar now!

Was perusing the freebies page and grabbed these textures for the Pacific One Piece Bathing suit  then noticed a little blast from the past in the background,  the Artic Research station I built,  that's been retired for awhile,  but still surprising to see.

Saw this detailed render by GMArtworks in the Daz Gallery with the Air Ambulance landing at my Police station.  Really nice job on the depth of field wit the crew, satelite dish,  and the cop cars in the distance.

• Haven't posted a sighting in a while,  but I saw the new promo for the Flight Hatchback today  set on my Rural Crossroad environment.  Given its an old 3Delight set,  who ever did  the conversion to Iray did a good job  and it looks good.  Trees were added too.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,741

I was just thinking about you, wondering if you'd retired from creating new sets. I'd like to put in a request for an offramp for Divided Highway if you get the chance.

Finding my Long Stretch of Deserted Road being used in a whole slew of Visual Novels on Steam.

1-triponroadVN.jpg
    1292 x 725 - 102K
    1-myroad-onVN.jpg
    1163 x 649 - 104K

ioonrxoon released a freebie 1940's style wristwatch  with this handsome fellow showcasing it on the Old Park Benches Parkette

edited June 2023

Another visual novel sighting on Steam using 1stB's Divided Highway rendered in iray,  with the reversed lane directions of British and perhaps Australian roads. No idea about the game,  just saw the picture,  which looks well lit and realistic. 

sight-defending.jpg
    953 x 587 - 198K

...cool I just picked that up.

Nice  seeing it used in the "British mode". 

edited July 2023

I saw the Emergency Hospital set being used in an excellent web series on Youtube called "La Femme Criminelle The Kats" by wintoons.  Its a modern crime series about cat burgulars trying to bring justice into the underworld of crime.

Exceptionally well executed. Top notch animations,  using mocap data. Near perfect editing choice to move the story forward,  and industry worthy camera angles and shots. This is certainly worth checking out,  if you want to see Daz content being used in animated/video/storytelling context.

• mdingmding Posts: 1,146

Wow, just watched the episode, very impressive!