off topic thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

trippy song  bowie and eddie heart

>.< been skipping daz asa all night  they ever heard of over exposure 

mann i would prolly heart attack if 1 daz carrara ad shoed on my utoob music browsing

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054
    edited January 2019

oh bugger this

44279C4B-9632-41B2-98E4-AF2388489363.jpeg
    1536 x 675 - 151K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

oh bugger this

nice shady spot to it?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Still problems with my internet while the construction continues across the street.  Sometimes no service at all, sometimes I can get the wifi if I am in my bathroom or in my entryway.  So making a trp to a nearby coffee shop or sitting in my building's lobby.

At least the bathroom offers a sitting position, unlike my entryway.

Still problems with my internet while the construction continues across the street.  Sometimes no service at all, sometimes I can get the wifi if I am in my bathroom or in my entryway.  So making a trp to a nearby coffee shop or sitting in my building's lobby.

At least the bathroom offers a sitting position, unlike my entryway.

frustrating flakey wifi / cellular

coffee shop a nice option,  decaf non fat latte - a why bother latte lol 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,995
    Steve K said:

You mean it's not Wollongong?

Sounds like it oughta be: "Surfing beaches and rock pools line the coastline. Trails encircle the forests and rocky cliffs of Mt. Keira in the Illawarra mountain range, which frames the city. To the north, hang gliders launch from Bald Hill. South lie the Buddhist temple of Nan Tien and Lake Illawarra, a large lagoon with boating and fishing facilities."

it is an awesome area.. overcrowded now and not like it once was when I was a kid. My high school was at Mt Keira and we often did our cross country into the mountains.. arrghhh.. The hang gliders are awesome to watch and was place I would release my racing pigeons for a training fly home down the coast.. about 50km.

The buddhist temple is an attraction and was interesting to watch being built out of gold! I was born and lived on the southern shoreline of Lake Illawarra which is now pretty much devoid of fish and prawns. Never got into surfing but I'd reckon Head Wax would of hung 5 at Cowries or north gong in the day.

This is where Aunty Jack hails from laugh

edited January 2019
    edited January 2019

looking at it and my zremeshed and zprojected version in that other software devil

I see coincidently theres a tutorial for sale doing this using Meshroom in store today

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,967
    edited January 2019
    Steve K said:

You mean it's not Wollongong?

Sounds like it oughta be: "Surfing beaches and rock pools line the coastline. Trails encircle the forests and rocky cliffs of Mt. Keira in the Illawarra mountain range, which frames the city. To the north, hang gliders launch from Bald Hill. South lie the Buddhist temple of Nan Tien and Lake Illawarra, a large lagoon with boating and fishing facilities."

it is an awesome area.. overcrowded now and not like it once was when I was a kid. My high school was at Mt Keira and we often did our cross country into the mountains.. arrghhh.. The hang gliders are awesome to watch and was place I would release my racing pigeons for a training fly home down the coast.. about 50km.

The buddhist temple is an attraction and was interesting to watch being built out of gold! I was born and lived on the southern shoreline of Lake Illawarra which is now pretty much devoid of fish and prawns. Never got into surfing but I'd reckon Head Wax would of hung 5 at Cowries or north gong in the day.

This is where Aunty Jack hails from laugh

my mum used to goto Lake Illawara for her holidays when she was a kid. Her claim to fame was dropping the kero lamp in the water while they were prawning one night in the middle of the lake....

great waves at the the gong and surrounds.... locals are a bit local tho ;)

Post edited by Headwax on

Donde la taco stand? smiley

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited January 2019

So, on the negative side, my computer fully died and cannot be resurrected. No idea what happened. A combination of age and a power surge maybe? One of the hardrives was OK so I was able to get most of my data off it and all the important stuff off the other drive was backed up to external drives, so nothing of major importance was lost, I just need to reinstall all my programs. I am soooo glad that I moved my whole DAZ content library to an external drive a couple weeks ago! No need to reinstall all that at least. The one big pain is that I had a ton of Photoshop brushes, including quite a few I made myself, that were not backed up. The ones I bought here I can redownload and install but the rest are just gone.

On the positive side: new computer! Of course, one of the first things I reinstalled was Carrara, and it absolutely flies on the new machine. The crashiness I was encountering on the old one seems to be gone entirely; maybe the difference between a machine made with Windows 10 in mind, and one that came with Windows 7 and had 10 installed later, or maybe just better hardware and drivers, I don't know but I'm a happy camper. I think I might even be able to use Fluidos now, altough I haven't had time to try.

Now if I can just figure out how to keep the fancy colored lights under the keyboard from cycling through the whole rainbow. laugh

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on

MDO2010, sorry for the hassle, but congrats on the new computer.  Silver linings are great.

dont forget to enter your battleship game from the challenge WIP thread to the Entry thread.

when your hair gets booby trapped ......

when your hair gets booby trapped ......

lol love the colours.

my renders turning dark and tos busting political.  mostly about the horrors of our medical care and housing system perpetrated on the elderly.  unconscionable

Feeling pretty dark today as well.  Awful scumbag here in DC hosted dog fights and kept a “pet” alligator.  And I thought the politicians were my worst fellow residents.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Man-Charged-With-Animal-Fighting-After-Dogs-Alligator-Are-Found-in-DC-Home-505035242.html

gonna search for something uplifting.  

Feeling pretty dark today as well.  Awful scumbag here in DC hosted dog fights and kept a “pet” alligator.  And I thought the politicians were my worst fellow residents.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Man-Charged-With-Animal-Fighting-After-Dogs-Alligator-Are-Found-in-DC-Home-505035242.html

gonna search for something uplifting.  

is just too sickkening

nevermind the title

a video to cheer this thread up

this one might be cheerier

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

interesting and pretty

•  Topaz studio postwork on video

OMG Andy that looks coool

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,370

Topaz studio postwork on video

OMG Andy that looks coool

Nice !!!

there an off topic thread in commons now,  threw me off, tawt i was in the wrong forum ...

i tawt i taw sigourny weaver in the daz store

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Hi wendy :)

yes,. exactly what i thought.

Never go to the commons Misty,.  it's a vortex of distraction

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,995

Awesome Wendy... was waiting for an undead monkey to jump out ... surprise

• and final Archyvians video with my awful music that sounds good in my virtual world only

too early for yhe coffee truck yet.  

• to late for coffee for me

This discussion has been closed.