[Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

1181920212224»

Comments

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 917

Has this product been updated for G8.1F? If so what is the latest version number?

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    nabob21 said:

Has this product been updated for G8.1F? If so what is the latest version number?

It has not. G8.1F fits clothes exactly the same in every way, so there was no need to update for this specific product. It doesn't affect the features that are different (facial expressions, surface shaders, material zones).

Thanks SickleYield. The reason I asked was that when I tried to use it with a G8.1F in the scene instead of a G8F it didn't recognize the figure. It worked as expected when I tried again using a G8F.

nabob21 said:

Thanks SickleYield. The reason I asked was that when I tried to use it with a G8.1F in the scene instead of a G8F it didn't recognize the figure. It worked as expected when I tried again using a G8F.

Uh oh. It really shouldn't. I'll have to talk to Riversoft about that!

nabob21 said:

I talked to Riversoft, and our recommendation is that you use G8F when running the script. Since it's going to save your items to the library anyway, they'll be there and available for you to use on 8.1 as soon as the conversion is finished.

Will do. Thanks SickleYield and Riversoft.

• itinerantitinerant Posts: 15

With the new converter for Gen9 supporting Smart Content:

Your new Genesis 9 wardrobe is completely Smart Content aware! They will show up when you select a Genesis 9 figure. Plus, all materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis 8 item will show for your converted Genesis 9 item.

is it possible to add this functionality to the G3 to G8 converter scripts?

I don't know that I will be moving to Gen9, but I would love to use my converted clothing in smart content. 

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372

itinerant said:

Your new Genesis 9 wardrobe is completely Smart Content aware! They will show up when you select a Genesis 9 figure. Plus, all materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis 8 item will show for your converted Genesis 9 item.

I don't know that I will be moving to Gen9, but I would love to use my converted clothing in smart content. 

Your converted clothes ARE available in Smart Content.  The old converters would create Smart Content in the FILES pane but not the PRODUCTS pane.  The new converter for G9 does it also for the PRODUCTS pane.  Select your G8 figure, go to the Smart Content FILES pane and they are there.

• itinerantitinerant Posts: 15

RiverSoftArt said:

itinerant said:

Your converted clothes ARE available in Smart Content.  The old converters would create Smart Content in the FILES pane but not the PRODUCTS pane.  The new converter for G9 does it also for the PRODUCTS pane.  Select your G8 figure, go to the Smart Content FILES pane and they are there.

Thank you!  I didn't realize there were two tabs on that pane.  Just another example of how great your products are!

itinerant said:

RiverSoftArt said:

itinerant said:

Thank you!  I didn't realize there were two tabs on that pane.  Just another example of how great your products are!

LOL.  You're welcome!

• Alien AlloyAlien Alloy Posts: 181
    edited March 28

I have encountered a weird looking "bug" dare I say?

When converting a either a single piece of clothing or a batch from the same author, I find that let's say 9 out of 10 clothing, when loaded are just a bunch of gray blocks.

[WARNING] :: Could not resolve: /data/ExGemini/ for Genesis 8 Female/Item/UV Sets/MightyMite/Base/default.dsf <- this is the recurring error I get inside Daz Log.

Now I'll spare you the ordeal of how long it took me to find a manual solution.
    It appears that this default.dsf is overriten over and over again at each coversion of the afore mention author's products.
    As a result, ONLY the last piece of clothing converted actually appears as it should, because it find the proper UV coordinates and what not.

In the attempt to at least find a solution ... well I had to convert one piece of clothing, then open the resulting let's say Swimsuit.duf, manually find and replace every default.dsf naming with a new one, for example Swimsuit01.dsf.
    Done that I can rename the default.dsf created by the convertion and the last step is to go inside another directory where yet another duf file exist and change the call from this freaking DEFAULT.DSF to the new DSF file, namely Swimsuit01.dsf

I'll stat having freaking nightmare about it.

For the time being I did just few conversion by hand, editing files and all works because now the file knows what UV map call, but I do have like ... about 30 or so files that I would very much not spend half a day or more doing manually.

Any idea of what might cause this issue?

Oh!
    Forgot to mention that I'm running on Daz 4.22.0.15

Post edited by Alien Alloy on

Alien Alloy said:

When converting a either a single piece of clothing or a batch from the same author, I find that let's say 9 out of 10 clothing, when loaded are just a bunch of gray blocks.

[WARNING] :: Could not resolve: /data/ExGemini/ for Genesis 8 Female/Item/UV Sets/MightyMite/Base/default.dsf <- this is the recurring error I get inside Daz Log.

It appears that this default.dsf is overriten over and over again at each coversion of the afore mention author's products.
    As a result, ONLY the last piece of clothing converted actually appears as it should, because it find the proper UV coordinates and what not.

In the attempt to at least find a solution ... well I had to convert one piece of clothing, then open the resulting let's say Swimsuit.duf, manually find and replace every default.dsf naming with a new one, for example Swimsuit01.dsf.
    Done that I can rename the default.dsf created by the convertion and the last step is to go inside another directory where yet another duf file exist and change the call from this freaking DEFAULT.DSF to the new DSF file, namely Swimsuit01.dsf

For the time being I did just few conversion by hand, editing files and all works because now the file knows what UV map call, but I do have like ... about 30 or so files that I would very much not spend half a day or more doing manually.

Oh!

Strange.  Does this happen only with this author's clothing?  

Also, is My Library your first directory listed in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Directory Manager:

The My DAZ 3D Library (where Daz installs all of its comment) should NOT be first as any conversions may overwrite original content.

• Alien AlloyAlien Alloy Posts: 181

RiverSoft Art said:

Alien Alloy said:

Oh!

Also, is My Library your first directory listed in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Directory Manager:

The My DAZ 3D Library (where Daz installs all of its comment) should NOT be first as any conversions may overwrite original content.

So far, yes.
    I will do more test during the week and report back on the issue, to see if it's something it does on other author or not, but I'm 90% sure it is just this one.

On your second question: yes, it is the primary directory from where the script both read and write the piece of clothing to covert.

Alien Alloy said:

RiverSoft Art said:

Alien Alloy said:

Oh!

So far, yes.
    I will do more test during the week and report back on the issue, to see if it's something it does on other author or not, but I'm 90% sure it is just this one.

Hmmm.  If it is just this author, the problem is not the script but whatever the author is doing.

On your second question: yes, it is the primary directory from where the script both read and write the piece of clothing to covert.