Daz Install Manager "cannot be run with elevated permissions"

13»

Comments

• DobitDobit Posts: 181
    edited August 2018

I just installed DIM on a MS Windows Server 2016. Could not start that program. I did not "Run as Admin" and in the compatibility mode setting "Run As Admin.." was not checked. Solution: on Windows Server you must check the security policy for admins. Run secpol.msc to open the Local Security Policy and navigate to Local Policies -> Security Settings. In the right pane you will see a setting "User Account Control": Turn on "Admin Approval Mode". Click on it and select "Enabled".

By the way. I think, this new DIM behavior will probably cause you more support issues than the old.

Post edited by Dobit on
  • I'm on Windows Server 2016 and I had the same problem. Using the RegEdit, I was able to fix the problem. Before trying RegEdit, I tried everything else - turning off UAC, checking my permissions, but nothing worked. Here is the fix (file attached):

FIX Daz Install Manager.png
    1305 x 2362 - 356K
  • manolomarumanolomaru Posts: 0

This save my day, is a nice solution!!!!!. -Work for me on Windows 10-
    Thank you sooo muuuuuch Samian_82 for share your technique  ;)

• UkuotusUkuotus Posts: 23

I have the same problem hitting and it won't run not even if I pick "run as admistrator" and I am using my admistrator account. <..< It's on newest Windows OS too. Previous Daz version needed to be run as enchanted graphic settings in order to run properly, this new one is no go either way.

• min333min333 Posts: 0

Thank you very much Samiam_82!!

• @samiam_82 - Thank You.

• @samiam_82 - Thank You so so so much!!!!!

You  save  my  life!!!!!!!!

• @samiam_82   thanks a lot!!!!!!!really useful and really help me solve the problem!是是是笑

• samiam_82 said:

I'm on Windows Server 2016 and I had the same problem. Using the RegEdit, I was able to fix the problem. Before trying RegEdit, I tried everything else - turning off UAC, checking my permissions, but nothing worked. Here is the fix (file attached):

My God you also saved my life.

AWS is amazingly very very very not user friendly which has so strict security absurd but thanks to you I cuold now run DAZ on AWS EC2 god thank you

• crizonjrcrizonjr Posts: 0

If anyone who is still facing this problem. Just log-in your account in DAZ, Go to download DAZ studio and scroll down until you see the additional free content:

here

• zoecmwzoecmw Posts: 7

I can't thank you enough. since I have spent hours on this...

• Here is another fix for this particular issue - https://dalehay.me/comment/1009/

• This "cannot run as Administrator" problem also affects Linux users running under Wine (apparently all Wine programs are run as adminstrator).  I have figured out how to fix this using Lutris/Wine, and it does involve running the 64-bit version of the "runas.exe" binary, and then using "/trustlevel:0x20000 DAZStudio.exe" as the arguments (I of course set the working directory as the full path to the Daz 3D program on drive_c for the Wine prefix).

So along with that, and one other change to turn off the "Esync" feature (which should give a multi-threadded boost to apps, but Daz seems to crash with it on), latest version of Daz Studio seems to run ok under Linux.  Still no GPU rendering available (shame shame...that was broken back in version 4.10 I think, and never fixed!), but I can use the GPU for dForce simulations... which seems odd to me that one feature of Daz will use the GPU, but not the other feature.

• chris_9413c754 said:

This "cannot run as Administrator" problem also affects Linux users running under Wine (apparently all Wine programs are run as adminstrator).  I have figured out how to fix this using Lutris/Wine, and it does involve running the 64-bit version of the "runas.exe" binary, and then using "/trustlevel:0x20000 DAZStudio.exe" as the arguments (I of course set the working directory as the full path to the Daz 3D program on drive_c for the Wine prefix).

So along with that, and one other change to turn off the "Esync" feature (which should give a multi-threadded boost to apps, but Daz seems to crash with it on), latest version of Daz Studio seems to run ok under Linux.  Still no GPU rendering available (shame shame...that was broken back in version 4.10 I think, and never fixed!), but I can use the GPU for dForce simulations... which seems odd to me that one feature of Daz will use the GPU, but not the other feature.

The problem with GPU not working in Daz in wine is a CUDA issue, CUDA is Nvidia proprietary. GPU dForce simulations work as they use OpenCL so are unaffected.

....although, I do seem to recall reading somewhere that Nvidia drivers processes OpenCL through it's CUDA implementation. This might be a wrong take on my part though.

• edited July 2023

samiam_82 Thanks, you helped me. I'm very happy, thank you so mutch :)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on