Genesis 8 female what's going on?

2»

Comments

• Ed Rogers said:

Had the same problem, tried all the above (no sucess) then discovered the following:

Select the figure (in pose causing problem) go to the Parameters Tab > Select General > Misc option under the characters name.

Turn off Base Joint Correctives

Problem Solved

Hope that helps

Update: Glutes still required playing around with to get the shape better,

The required the removal of all Full Body shaping, alterations to muscle morphs and used Zevo glutes to fine tune, as butt had wierd jagged edges still. there is obviously a major problem with Gen 8 and bending of the legs 

You can Remove plugin "Big Girl Morphs for Genesis 8 Female" of Artist: Sickleyield, KindredArts or Don't Remove but Inset 2 Products: Genesis 8 Female Body Morphs, Genesis 8 Female Head Morphs.

Good luck, Bro!

• earll7337earll7337 Posts: 0
    This just happened to me, I deleted big girl morphs, and it changed nothing. I got rid of every morph that had to do with g8f and it didn't help. don't like the result of the base correction, has anyone figured out what's causing this? Do I have to delete the entire daz 3dc library and restart?
  • Just in case someone is still having problems with this issue, I have found the exact culprit. It is for sure the BGM morph. But when I uninstalled it the issue remained. For some reason uninstalling it does not remove all the sliders.

In the Parameters tab, make sure "show hidden properties" is checked. Then go to the drop down menu on the left and select the menu labeled "Hidden". Within that you should see the "Correctives" dropdown menu. And within that one is the "Base" menu, which contains BGM. The specific slider is pjcmbgmglutesmooththighsbend90, but sliding all tabs to 0 removes the leg and hip deformities also.

• e3magine said:

Just in case someone is still having problems with this issue, I have found the exact culprit. It is for sure the BGM morph. But when I uninstalled it the issue remained. For some reason uninstalling it does not remove all the sliders.

That sounds as if there were two installations, possibly one via Install Manager and one via Connect. How did you install and uninstall?

e3magine said:

In the Parameters tab, make sure "show hidden properties" is checked. Then go to the drop down menu on the left and select the menu labeled "Hidden". Within that you should see the "Correctives" dropdown menu. And within that one is the "Base" menu, which contains BGM. The specific slider is pjcmbgmglutesmooththighsbend90, but sliding all tabs to 0 removes the leg and hip deformities also.

• Honestly, I don't know. I came across the issue a while ago, got frustarted and moved on to a different project. A couple days ago I decided to try again and came across this thread. When I went to uninstall BGM, the folder location didn't exist. And the product wasn't in the install manager either. So I assume I uninstalled it one day, or something went wrong when I switched to a new computer a few months ago.

• e3magine said:

Honestly, I don't know. I came across the issue a while ago, got frustarted and moved on to a different project. A couple days ago I decided to try again and came across this thread. When I went to uninstall BGM, the folder location didn't exist. And the product wasn't in the install manager either. So I assume I uninstalled it one day, or something went wrong when I switched to a new computer a few months ago.

Probably the files were there but not the data that told Install Manager they had been installed. In that case manually deleting the entries from the data folder would be simplest.

• My BD Aspen and Amy Lee models are all deformed. Somebody please help

• Please give the figure some clothes or switch the viewp[ort to SMooth Shaded view.

Is this affecting only the specifc characters, or all characters and the base figure?

• ooofestooofest Posts: 36
    edited July 2020

This sounds like an ERC link that should be kicking in only in certain situations but is global, or one that should have limits but doesn't. Apply the minimum posing needed to trigger the issue, then select the figure node - Genesis 8 Female, not a bone. In the Editor tab of the Parameters pane is anything listed under Currently Used? Try enabling Show Hidden Properties in the pane's option menu - the lined button at top-right - and look at the Currently Used list again.

Resurrecting this topic because Richard's advice here was extremely helpful: whenever I generated a Genesis 8 Basic Female character in a scene, it looked oddly stylized, so I avoided creating them from scratch - which limited what I could do with that base.  Using his hint of showing Hidden parameters that are Currently Used, I found that the Thorneworks Ktarya G8F character was being injected into every new Basic Female instance I created - removing that package from my library fixed this long-standing problem.

But, I would like to know why this could occur in the first place, honestly.  And does turning off the (hidden) morph sliders effectively perform the same action for generating just a Genesis 8 Basic Female character (with no extra morphs)?

Post edited by ooofest on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014
    ooofest said:

This sounds like an ERC link that should be kicking in only in certain situations but is global, or one that should have limits but doesn't. Apply the minimum posing needed to trigger the issue, then select the figure node - Genesis 8 Female, not a bone. In the Editor tab of the Parameters pane is anything listed under Currently Used? Try enabling Show Hidden Properties in the pane's option menu - the lined button at top-right - and look at the Currently Used list again.

Resurrecting this topic because Richard's advice here was extremely helpful: whenever I generated a Genesis 8 Basic Female character in a scene, it looked oddly stylized, so I avoided creating them from scratch - which limited what I could do with that base.  Using his hint of showing Hidden parameters that are Currently Used, I found that the Thorneworks Ktarya G8F character was being injected into every new Basic Female instance I created - removing that package from my library fixed this long-standing problem.

But, I would like to know why this could occur in the first place, honestly.  And does turning off the (hidden) morph sliders effectively perform the same action for generating just a Genesis 8 Basic Female character (with no extra morphs)?

If the problem occurs with Genesis 8 base figure, then it will occur with each and every character that uses G8F as a base, including the ones in previously saved scenes - That is the way DS and Genesis 1-8 characters work.

Usually these problems are not due to something the user has done and removing everything, formatting all the HD:s and SSD:s, sprinkling holy water over the CPU and/or howling at the moon doesn't help.

It is caused by a character/morph that has been installed for G8F which wasn't packaged correctly (=default value is non zero), or like Richard pointed out, ERC that should only kick in with a certain character/morph activated, is activated all the time = programming error by the person that created the character/morph.

I'm saying character/morph, because all the characters for G8F are just morphs that are used to change the appearance of the G8F base figure.

• Try redownloading and installing Ktarya  - I would think the issue (saved with a non-zero default value) has been fixed by now.

• Try redownloading and installing Ktarya  - I would think the issue (saved with a non-zero default value) has been fixed by now.

Thanks for the advice, Richard - I did re-download and reinstall the product, which showed no no-zero default values in the latest version.