Genesis 8 female what's going on?

It only happens in Genesis 8 feminine, when I move her legs she deforms the whole body, how can I solve this .

Please see the image here

https://ibb.co/hB1NzH

Genesis 8 female what's going on?

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Is that the default shape? How did you pose it?

• Did you see the image? Something is wrong.

• Is that the default shape? How did you pose it?

Did you see the image? Something is wrong.

• Yes, hence my questions to try to work out the source of the problem.

• I'm so pleased someone else could show the same character pose corruptio! I've got exactly the same problem!!!  It only happens with g8f characters. With or without Genitals added. Changing the character from a Standing position, any morph which causes the body to assume a bent or sitting positions, deforms and corrupts as shown above. It doesn't happen the G8M or G3F/G3M. I've tried to pose the character manually, but as you bend the character so the hip, and groin area, deforms!! This seems to affect all the g8f characters on my machine. Was it there all the time, I don't think so. I'm sure I would have seen it before. Is it something I've done? Probably, but I really don't know what? I've tried switching off all limits, but it still has the same affect.

Really, really need some help here!

Gray

• This sounds like an ERC link that should be kicking in only in certain situations but is global, or one that should have limits but doesn't. Apply the minimum posing needed to trigger the issue, then select the figure node - Genesis 8 Female, not a bone. In the Editor tab of the Parameters pane is anything listed under Currently Used? Try enabling Show Hidden Properties in the pane's option menu - the lined button at top-right - and look at the Currently Used list again.

• Try (re)downloading and (re)installing the latest Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials package. Something either went wrong with the initial setup, you're running an outdated version or you somehow edited something essential like the skeleton or weight maps.

• Try (re)downloading and (re)installing the latest Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials package. Something either went wrong with the initial setup, you're running an outdated version or you somehow edited something essential like the skeleton or weight maps.

It's more likely to be some piece of add-on content, rather than an issue with the base.

• Okay. I've established it is only in the thighs of the G8F. As it is bent, so the hip area and the crutch area begin to deform. I've exposed the hidden elements, and where the G8M only has about 4 - 5 elements, the G8F had about 12. I found clicking on them, one at the time, and then the parameter settings, that the Dolly Toon character was the cause for many of them. So, I completely removed the Dolly files, and in turn the Hidden Thigh elements were reduced to what I have now, which is  6 controls. These are:

CTRLMD_N_XRotate_35    CTRLMD_N_XRotate_n115   CTRLMD_N_XRotate_n70

CTRLMD_N_XRotate_n90  CTRLMD_N_ZRotate_n50     CTRLMD_N_ZRotate_n85

I'm guessing they are the ones supposed to be there. The fault still remains however. I think, just to start from a definite basis, I'll remove the G8F Base character completely and re-install her, just to see what I get.

Hope something here may ring some bells for someone.

• P.S. What's an ERC Link????

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429

So removing Dolly Toon had no effect on the problem area? OK, that means it's something else. I don't get sliders you cite - I have four pJCM hidden sliders, plus two unhidden Thigh Bend properties.

• Well, stripped it out, and re-installed G8F + Gen's, and no change there???

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376

Those look like corrective morphs of some sort. The easiest way to fix this would probably be to uninstall all G8F content you downloaded. Once you've done that test and make sure the problem is solved then test after re-installing each new item until you find the culprit. There might be an easier way but if there is I don't know what it is.

• Okay, going to try and upload pictures. I'll see if I can find a screen grabber to get pics of the Parameters

TEST 1.png
    1280 x 960 - 722K
    TEST 1 B.png
    1280 x 960 - 712K
    TEST 1 C.png
    1280 x 960 - 772K
    TEST 2.png
    1280 x 960 - 677K
    TEST 2B.png
    1280 x 960 - 510K
    TEST 2C.png
    1280 x 960 - 642K
  • For anyone else who finds themselves with the same problem. What I have found so far is:

I have a Directory Called "G8 Morphs", and it is pretty obvious what it is for. Anyway, after having done many things, such as, strip Daz Studio completely from my machine, download a new copy of Studio and install. Odd thing there? Even though I went to great lengths to get rid of everything to do with Daz from all over my machine, when I installed it, and opened it, there were my Directories, there already!!!!!!

God, Daz is like a Virus!

Anyway, I got to thinking whether it might be a morph causing the problem, not so much in the thigh, but in the Hip. So removed "G8 Morphs" Directory from the Program, re-started it, and, problem cleared!!!!

Culprit? Well at a guess, and it is only a guess at the moment, I think it might be either Zevo's Bend Controls, or, more likely, one of a couple of Genital Morphs I'd added for some extra controls.

I will be gradually adding the Morphs back into the Directory as and when I need to, keeping a close eye on the Hip Parameters.

So..... Problem sort of solved!!

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376

Glad you got it fixed. It might be wise to test future content after installing to make sure it works as intended. That way you'll save yourself a lot of work. ;)

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077
    edited May 2018

@ggs_26de60e5b2

I have the Bend Controls and I don't get your results.

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • MagChangeMagChange Posts: 2

I had the identical problem. After many many searches and attempts at fixing via suggestions, I’ve solved it. At least in my case. The culprit was a morph set called “Big Girl Morphs” or “BGM”. I realized the morphs were not working correctly and uninstalled them. I tried reinstalling them but the problem returned. So they won’t be installed again. Hope this helps!

• joonaoskarivesajoonaoskarivesa Posts: 13
    edited September 2018

Yep, same problem here as ggs's I removed bend control and thighs now look fine

EDIT: READ MY COMMENT BELOW!

Post edited by joonaoskarivesa on
  • oomuoomu Posts: 175

Many thanks

I also had the problem.

I removed “Big Girl Morphs”, reload a G8 character from scratch, and now the legs and thighs bend properly.

for now, it's the only one product I have which broke G8F.

• Update: I found out what the cause actually was. It didn't happen when I tried, right after removing bend control, but later on the problem re-appeared. It seems to only happen with certain preset poses I use and only ones that exceed the model limits. So never letting a pose exceed model limits is what actually fixed this for me. Weird, because I never had this issue with genesis 3.

So go in to your settings and change the setting that lets poses always exceed limits.

Sitting poses seem to be the worst ones at this. I've yet to come across a sitting pose that doesn't fuck up my models legs. I have however also seen this happen with standing poses. Not sure if this is the same for everyone, but for me, this deformation stuff only happens in the models thighs. Whenever it does, straightening the leg will remove the deformation. Bending the leg, again, brings it back.

Sorry if I misled some of you to deleting products

• Update: I found out what the cause actually was. It didn't happen when I tried, right after removing bend control, but later on the problem re-appeared. It seems to only happen with certain preset poses I use and only ones that exceed the model limits. So never letting a pose exceed model limits is what actually fixed this for me. Weird, because I never had this issue with genesis 3.

So go in to your settings and change the setting that lets poses always exceed limits.

Sitting poses seem to be the worst ones at this. I've yet to come across a sitting pose that doesn't fuck up my models legs. I have however also seen this happen with standing poses. Not sure if this is the same for everyone, but for me, this deformation stuff only happens in the models thighs. Whenever it does, straightening the leg will remove the deformation. Bending the leg, again, brings it back.

Sorry if I misled some of you to deleting products

That sounds like the issue in the 4.11 beta (now fixed in the latest build), there is/was a separate issue with on specific product in all versions of DS.

• veenveen Posts: 137

Same here on V4.10 G8F i fixed it after removing big girl morphs

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904

There's a free character on ShareCG (I think) called Ericka. She really messes up G8F if you install her morph, and she has anorexic-looking hips like in OPs picture.

• TigerAnne said:

There's a free character on ShareCG (I think) called Ericka. She really messes up G8F if you install her morph, and she has anorexic-looking hips like in OPs picture.

This free character (Ericka for G8 Female by DreamEscape) you can get on renderosity. The morphs are loading every time with the G8F base figure and every figure using this base.

I deleted all files in the directorys, now its fine.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited October 2018

If you wanted to keep and be able to use the character, rather than just deleting it, there is a relatively simple fix. The problem lies with the two .dsf files in the data folder, which are the ones that DAZ Studio loads whenever a G8F is loaded. Properly packaged morphs load as sliders set to the "0" position. However, when the creator of the Ericka morphs packaged them, he or she forgot to zero the morphs prior to saving them. Thus they load set to "1" (100%) rather than "0", which is what causes the problem. Here is how to fix this, for anyone who wishes:

Locate the two .dsf files in the data folder of your content library. They will be found under data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DreamEscape/Ericka/. (The files are Ericka Body.dsf and Ericka Head.dsf). Both of these files are compressed, so you will need to extract them with a compression/decompression utility to fix them. The free 7-zip works fine. When extracted, they will not have a file extension, so simply delete the two original files and add the .dsf extension to the two extracted files. Almost there.

Now, open each of the two files in turn in a text editor (Wordpad works fine in Windows), scroll down a short way and find the following entry (or use the Search function):

"value" : 1,

Replace the 1 with a 0

Save the edited file and repeat the same process with the second file.

Done. The next time you load a copy of G8F you should see the figure load as normal, without the Ericka morphs dialed-in. (Note: the body morphs are a tad extreme to be sure - if using them moving the slider to about 50% is better IMO).

Post edited by SixDs on
  • Hello. Brand new fresh off the boat newbie here, used to use poser, but I like this one way better. I have a question for anyone not brand new fresh off the boat. 

I know it's weird, but I prefer not rendering my projects. I like doing things myself I suppose. So my question is this, where would I find and purchase a hair bundle that goes onto the figure and looks complete right away without rendering?

I've scoured the market, but it appears that all the products I've seen require rendering.

Any and all advice would be appreciated, thanks.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2018

Hello. Brand new fresh off the boat newbie here, used to use poser, but I like this one way better. I have a question for anyone not brand new fresh off the boat. 

I know it's weird, but I prefer not rendering my projects. I like doing things myself I suppose. So my question is this, where would I find and purchase a hair bundle that goes onto the figure and looks complete right away without rendering?

I've scoured the market, but it appears that all the products I've seen require rendering.

I am afraid we are not understanding you.  Why would you want to use a program designed for rendering 3d images and then not render. There is nothing else you can do with it.

Hair in particular has to be rendered to look right,

Post edited by Chohole on
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Hello. Brand new fresh off the boat newbie here, used to use poser, but I like this one way better. I have a question for anyone not brand new fresh off the boat. 

If you don’t want to render, Daz Studio isnt the the program most suited. You probably want to search for real time 3D engines. Maybe something like Unity or Unreal engine.

• Ed RogersEd Rogers Posts: 15
    edited February 2019

Had the same problem, tried all the above (no sucess) then discovered the following:

Select the figure (in pose causing problem) go to the Parameters Tab > Select General > Misc option under the characters name.

Turn off Base Joint Correctives

Problem Solved

Hope that helps

Update: Glutes still required playing around with to get the shape better,

The required the removal of all Full Body shaping, alterations to muscle morphs and used Zevo glutes to fine tune, as butt had wierd jagged edges still. there is obviously a major problem with Gen 8 and bending of the legs 

Post edited by Ed Rogers on