What I lack in everything, I make up for with enthusiasm :)

Comments

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

I dug this one up again and fiddled with the lighting a little. Resizing did nothing for the quality, but I guess that's just the way it is :)

The_Beginning_-_Light_fiddle_8_lpw_small.jpg
    1260 x 788 - 122K
    edited December 1969

I seem to be mildly obsessed with this stuff these days. Another WIP. With a story, lol. And yes, it's big-ish. A bit of a shame that it ended up being a close up for now, the pose took forever. Might pop that in at some point, too. For now.. This.

In the woods, the ranger would have lost them easily, but here on this rolling plain with no more than the occasional tree or rock, he had no way to hide. True, he had gained on them. They were bigger, heavier, carrying more and trying to stay together made sure they ran no faster than the slowest of the three. But run the did. He could hope they would tire before he did and give up the chase, but he could not afford to take that chance. Even he could not run forever. His eyes caught on a tree and then the crumbling walls of a ruin. It wasn't much, but a wall could be a valuable ally to watch his back should that be necessary. He jumped over a pile of scatered bricks, untangled himself from his pack that he carelessly flung aside. Weapons drawn, he crouched down and waited, using these precious momens to catch his breath. The men sseemed to slow down, but did not stop coming for him. His mind snagged on the question why they were after him in the first place, but unless they told him, he would never know. They did not seem to be the types for talking, however. Slowed to a walk, they approached him, obviously trying to look impressive, intimidating. The glint of worry and sideways glaces thay cast at each other spoiling the effect. Jerutha tilted his chin down. He was ready for them.

Bring it!

Bring_it_8_close_up_1.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 395K
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

OOhhh I know a lady that will not be happy when she hear this... if he tells her that is *smiles* Or if she has to tend to his wounds :)

Lovely picture Mori, and great story. Leaves one wanting to know more... you know, I think we have quite a few writers amongst us don't we? *grins* Love that we can combine art with our stories *give hugs*

edited December 1969

Thank you :) I have written far too many stories and I suppose some would make fun images, too. I don't think Amber would be too thrilled to know what he's up to here, no, but I don't think he was given much choice. At least he's quick ;)

Also, the pose. It's silly, yes, but I spent too much time on it (from scratch) not to share. http://fav.me/d6fjdr0

edited August 2013

Stubborn ranger. Refused to let Amber look at that strange bite mark on his shoulder, saying it was nothing. By nightfall, this 'nothing' turned out to be something.

Just one of the reasons why you should never leave home without a healer. You never know what's lurking in the forest. It might just decide to.. bite you.

I'm rather satisfied with especially her pose and expression :)

Antidote_Lpw_fiddle_border.jpg
    1550 x 1049 - 601K
    Post edited by mori_mann on
    edited December 1969

oohh plot is thickening here too... I can imagine the "discussion" they will have once he gets better (he Will get better right?)

Great picture, I do enjoy the mix of concern and almost frustration in her expression :)

edited December 1969

Of course he'll get better. He's moody and often frustrating, but I wouldn't kill him over that.

Glad the expression does convey her feelings! I worked rather hard on that. I just love doing posing and expressions :)

edited December 1969

*grins* I did a very quick one as a gift for a friend. Best link it as it contains nudity. Nothing frontal, nothing visible, but nudity all the same.

http://morimann.deviantart.com/art/Getting-comfy-390481078

Yes, I had fun. Lighting is a sunny Skies of Economy skybox with UE (adapted to a higher quality UE2 set and occlusion samples raised to 128 to avoid blotchiness) and a distant light. I added 2 spots with warm colours. No specular only, for a change. It doesn't seem to need that as badly with os on 128. Like I said, a quick one. I suppose I needed that after spending lots of time on the previous ones :)

edited December 1969

Ah, the joys of posing :D

A little project I'm working on, but I seem to have gotten a bit lost in it. I regret nothing!

From scratch and no, I didn't use a reference pic. I jus started fiddling. There's probably much wrong with it, please do tell me if you see something that's jarring!

In the meantime, I'll pretend that I'm not worrying about anyone or anything at all and I'm just happily fiddling with a pic :)

Posing.jpg
    965 x 1250 - 77K
    edited December 1969

And an update. Still a WIP, there's much wrong with it, but that will be fiddled with.

Thoughts are, of course, welcome :)

Desert_Dance_3_XL_test_smaller.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 310K
    edited December 1969

A new character I'm working on. The lighting is minimal: only a dark blue/gray EU and a back spot. I had no time for more at first, but looking at it now.. I kind of like it.

The character is an elf (well, 3/4 elf, to be precise) and calls himself Dimi. I think I'm going to leave it at that for a bit. I know more about him than he does, but we can blame that on the ring he's wearing. Convenient hood is convenient: I haven't really found a hairmodel that suits him. I will though. I will.

Dimi_test_2.png
    772 x 617 - 576K
    edited December 1969

These two.. Well, let's say they will never meet in the stories in my head. For many reasons, but most of all, my own sanity. Contrary to populat belief, I do have a shred of it. Somewhere. But I could not resist putting them together for just this once. I swear, it was originally going to be a simple Amber and Jerutha pic instead. Again :red:

Jerutha and Dimi. The Moody and the Crazy.

D: "I know a wonderful shop around here. You'll love it. Blades, leather, you name it."
    J: "No thank you. I'm all set."
    D: "Aww.. come on Rutha, you'll like it. I'll get you something."
    J: "Yes, you will. A lot of trouble. And do not call me that."
    D: "You don't mind when Amber does it."
    J: "That's.. different."
    D: "No it's not."
    J: "It is. You are not Amber."
    D: (fluttering eyelashes) "I could be if you wanted me to. I could be.. aaaanyone."
    J: "Shut up."

Boys_6_XL_pw_smaller.jpg
    1400 x 1120 - 319K
    edited December 1969

A quick doodle. Amber and her horse Chazeeta.

For no other reason than getting teh DAZ2 horse pro bundle and wanting to play with it. Background is boring. I don't care. It's a doodle :)

Horseplay_test_1.jpg
    800 x 640 - 159K
    edited December 1969

Did I mention that I'm totally in love with the daz horse 2? I love the morph-ability and pose-ability. And they seem to like carrots :)

Yes, I miss being around horsrs, can you tell?

"Got carrots?"

Got_Carrots_5.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 318K
    edited December 1969

Another WIP. Experimenting with trees and angles.

She_cant_find_me_here_SFW_1_Cam2_experiment.jpg
    800 x 800 - 136K
    edited December 1969

Experimenting with mirrors is fun! Especially if a cat shows up.

"Reflections of a cat"

Reflections_of_a_cat_15_big.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 422K
    edited December 1969

I must be pretty much the only person in the world who is not getting sick and tired of seeing this guy, but here he is again anyway ;)

Want_Something_From_Me_09_Cam_2_lpw.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 294K
    edited December 1969

heheh no worries Mori, I am not tired of seeing this handsome albeit broody half elf :) Neither here or on dA I might add ^^

edited December 1969

Thank you :) Another excuse.. I mean.. reason.. to keep spamming! I don't know.. there's something about the broody types.. Can't put my finger on it.

He does have his reasons, though. Er.. and yes, pretty much his whole past/life is in my head. Is that a bad thing? *looks innocent*

edited December 1969

It's not a bad thing Mori.. heck, I have most of Kielans, Aldraks and Crimsons life/past/history AND even some Future happenings in my head ^^

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Mori_Mann, your cat reflections are just delightful! I haven't done any reflections yet- so now I know who to give a holler to and say, "Um, HELP." :) Seriously, very nice job!
    Cathie

edited December 1969

@ Carola: Good to know I'm not the only one 'living' multiple lives ;) But then.. I suppose I knew that..

@ Novica: Mirror props are great, this one, too, came reflecting out of the box :D It did take a bit of fiddling to get the area between the cat and the pirror's glass to be properly lit. Light is not really reflected the way an acual mirror does. All good fun, though :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What, split personality? Just because we arty types live our lives with other lives in our heads does not mean a thing. Heck, I'll even go so far as to say letting that other person that lives behind my eyes take over once in a little while is good for me. I'm not all that good at paying the bill's or buying new hardware and software. You give me a nice sharp pointy thing then I'm your man.

edited December 1969

When in doubt, ask your self what [insert character name] would do. *nods* I do that a lot :)

edited September 2013

A 'new' character. Or rather a side character from someone's past. Nothing fancy, just a quicky with a mostly pre-fab pose.

"The nymph Rymael"

Rymael_Test_5.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 400K
    edited December 1969

mori_mann said:
    When in doubt, ask your self what [insert character name] would do. *nods* I do that a lot :)

If I did that... I would either be thrown into jail, be hunted by outlaws and cops together or be thrown into a asylym (or however that is spelled) *grins*

My characters tend to walk the grey path, with all the smaller paths leading off and on to darker or lighter grey :) After all, there is Many different shades of grey ... far more than there is shades of black or white ^^

edited December 1969

Oh, I don't act on it. I just ask myself what they would do ;) Doing as Dimi does would get me in all kinds of trouble. Granted, Amber and Isabelle usually act socially acceptable. More or less..

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You think I ever listen to Jeff? Umm... I mean Jade? Opps.. blew that one. Now they know.

edited September 2013

As long as you're not near sharp pointy objects when taking your own.. erm.. Jade's advise, all should work out.

edited December 1969

WIP. Yes, I am protective about my characters. No touching!! ;)

It's really 2 image ideas merged together. I was going to do something like this with stiff, doll-like characters. And an image of A&J looking scared. When i did the posing and expressions for that second idea, I just had to do this. So. Yes.

'No touching', the first light test.

No_Touching_Light_test_1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 151K