What I lack in everything, I make up for with enthusiasm :)

Comments

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited February 2021

Remembering

It was one of those nights the wizard told her to stay up to mind the alchemy lab for him. It was a boring job, especially when the brew was simmering on a low fire and nothing needed to be added. The concoction didn’t even need to be stirred. Ellaira was sure it was more a test than anything else. Or an attempt to drain her energy so she would not be focused enough for her lessons or research the next day. This ‘old man’ as he was referred to in the nearby town, seemed to enjoy finding excuses to scold his apprentices. That might have worked on the humans he trained before. Elves were different. The man probably knew that. Perhaps it was a matter of old habits dying hard. She didn’t really mind. This wasn’t as bad as the other things he expected from her. Besides, it gave her more time to find out the secrets he did not want her to know. She felt she was close. So very close.

Staring out of the high window, Ellaira caught herself thinking about her past again. More specifically, about Khith. And the way they had parted all those long years ago. For most of that time, she had been so absorbed in studying magic that she barely had the time or opportunity to look back on that. That, and whenever a memory did come up, she blocked it out. But ever since she saw her childhood friend, her lover, in that ghostly replay of their goodbye, he seemed to always be there.

“Once I’m done here, I’m going home,” the elf decided. She wasn’t entirely sure home meant the village Fheren, or Khith himself.

Post edited by mori_mann on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

I just love your characters and the stories that go along with them!!

Thank you. They're a demanding bunch, making me chronicle their stories ;)

edited February 2021

It Still Hurts

Five years and a few months. That was how long it had been since Khith had joined the caravan. And also five years since Ellaira had told him he was dead to her. Not a day had passed that he had not thought of her.

This was the fourth time he had come back to Fheren since leaving. Again with very mixed feelings. Of course he was glad to see his friends and family again. To catch up with the villagers. Eat and drink some of the local specialities he grew up with. But never finding what he hoped for the most: Ellaira. The girl he had given his heart to and who broke it. Khith shook his head. She wasn’t here. Her grandparents said that she had written to them a few times, but not a word for him. It didn’t surprise him. He was told that after he left, she had mourned him as if he were truly dead. Why write to a ghost?

He wasn’t sure why, but something had lured him to the old watchtower. A place he and Ellaira used to spend a lot of time together in better days. When they were still together. Perhaps he hoped it would help him remember those days better. To dull the feeling of loss. Instead of images of looking out over the sunlit trees while holding hands, it had brought up a replay of their last goodbye. Khith tried to blame the dreary weather, but that didn’t make it any better. It only made him realize how much it still hurt.

Closing the tower's door behind him, he left, slowly walking down the stairs, back to the caravan. He could not bear the thought of spending the evening with everyone and everything reminding him of his past.

edited February 2021

Try This

If this looks familiar, you may be right. It's basically a remake/update of this oldie.

edited February 2021

Moody's Moods

Just fooling around with expressions. All hand dialed, no presets used. 'Neutral' in this case does not mean default zero settings.

Jerutha never shows a lot of what he's feeling. So when the brain randomly spat "The Moods of the Moody" at me, I took that as an excuse to show what he will not. At least, not in public. Small size ate details, sadly. For some reason, Daz insist on making it smaller when I upload it in the gallery. Guess this will have to do then. 

(If you do want to see a bigger version, it's over at dA)

edited February 2021

Introducing Leila

Although not quite new, I suppose. She was mentioned in one of teh stories going with an image a while ago. 

Yerai made me do it. He has other plans for her, but.. he'll have to wait. IF I decide to humour him.

edited February 2021

I had to crop this a little to make it (hopefully) fit ToS. So apologies for the odd size. (No, there's nothing shocking in there, just a bit more skin than may be stricktly appropriate) Full image and a bit of explanantion over at dA. Just wanted to share, because I like how it turned out.

No kissing!

edited February 2021

Even when ther's no story, I still can't seem to test stuff (hair and outfit, in this case), without ending up with an actual render. Not complaining, though. Khith deserves some more screen time :)

Enjoying the Breeze

edited February 2021

What happens if two best friends who haven't seen each other in a very, very long time finally meet again? Well, in Amber and Isabelle's case, they plan a picnic – without their men – to catch up. Of course, the conversation lasts a long time after the food is gone and planning to leave for at least half a dozen times already.

Can’t blame them, though. It’s a lot of work to go through about a decade of new experiences, including lots of adventuring. Not to mention finding love in unlikely places. Or people, for that matter.

This image put up fight after fight. It was supposed to be an evening/night scene, but for some reason, it refused to render past 57%, leaving it horribly grainy. And that was after going through a lot of optimizing.  Ah well, nothing wrong with a sunny variation, is there?

Old Friends

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Lovely picture Mori! It looks and sounds like they have a great time! and I totally recognise the "should have left long ago but still finding things to talk about" issues... that always happen when me and two of my closest friends meets after a long while, or call after a long while :)

I'm curious, what dress are you using on the brunette?

Thank you :)

Belle is wearing (parts of) https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-meadow-whispers-outfit-for-genesis-8-females, with a texture from the expansion pack https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-meadow-whispers-outfit-textures :)

Ah.. don't have that one yet, it's on my wishlist though. Thanks dear :)

You're welcome. It's a nice one :) 

edited February 2021

Waiting for Word

Shallow’s Crossing had grown from a small town to an actual city since the last time Ellaira had visited it. She supposed that should not have surprised her. It was a mostly human settlement and that short-lived race always seemed to be in a hurry to build and expand their territory. It probably came with having an average life span of less than a century – without the help of magic anyway.

Looking up from the book she was reading to glance at the door, she slowly swirled the wine around in her glass. The messenger had claimed he would be able to deliver her letter in two days.  Ellaira had some reservations about that. The fastest she had ever made in from Fheren to Shallow’s Crossing, or back, was three days and a half. She supposed it was possible. If one rode on without resting. With access to a fresh horse every few hours, that could probably be done. Still, she had told herself not to expect anything for a week at the least. Today was the seventh day and even though she tried not to, she found herself hoping for a message from her old village. Preferably from Khith, but she could not be sure he still lived there and even if he did, that he would be home. 

During the moments her eyes lingered on the entrance, the door remained shut. With a small sigh, she let her gaze wander to the bar. The innkeeper was talking to someone she could not see past several people blocking her view, but her breath caught in her throat when the man seemed to discreetly nod in her direction. Not wanting to stare, she looked back at the book on the table. If there was indeed a courier with a message for her, he would find her.

Although she tried to appear calm and relaxed, she could not focus on the book, catching herself looking in the direction of the bar again. She was about to force herself to go back to reading, when the groups standing near the bar shifted and then parted to let someone through. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw it was not a courier, but someone she would recognize everywhere. 

edited February 2021

On a Sunny Day

No story, really. Just Nia'rith posing with a sword. Oh, she knows how to use it, make no mistake, but in this image, she's just fooling around. Guess she didn't want me to work on her upgrade to G8F. Oh well.

3DL render. Because I could.

edited February 2021

Nia'rith Upgraded

Or remade as G8. Same difference :)

• What beautiful renders Mori!!!

Aww, thank you :) I try!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    mori_mann said:

I had to crop this a little to make it (hopefully) fit ToS. So apologies for the odd size. (No, there's nothing shocking in there, just a bit more skin than may be stricktly appropriate) Full image and a bit of explanantion over at dA. Just wanted to share, because I like how it turned out.

No kissing!

I really like this one. The posing is just spot-on! 

Thank you, @Novica I had fun fiddling it together. Posing is fun :D 

edited February 2021

You Will Not Find Me​

He managed not to run, but it felt like fleeing all the same. He refused to look back in case she could still see him. Or worse, was following him. His heart hammered against is ribs. She thought he needed a friend. She knew nothing about him. At all. If she did, she would not offer me friendship. She was probably mocking him, he decided, even though she had seemed sincere. He slowed his pace, certain that he would have heard something by now if she had been following him. Friendship.. Was that why she had decided to kiss him? The ranger decided then and there that he would never return to the Circle again. There was nothing for him there. But whenever he as much as blinked, he saw Amber’s golden eyes. No, her least of all. He refused to admit to himself that it had nothing to do with not wanting to see her again, but much more with the fading tingling sensation her lips had left on his own. He experimentally touched the spot with his tongue and then forced himself to leave it alone. Never again. He violently pushed away the vague feelings of longing and regret. I’m better off alone. Everyone he had ever allowed to come close had either left or betrayed him. She, too, would grow tired of him soon. There was no room for friendship in his life, he could not risk letting anyone get close. Not even her. Especially not her. It would only end in pain.

Jerutha finally allowed himself to stop and take a rest. Stars twinkled between the clouds in the early spring night. He had walked for the rest of the day and well into the night to get as far away from the Circle as he could, constantly chased by golden eyes. Her eyes. Not accusing, not fearful – he would have understood those feelings – but warm, open, offering friendship. Why? No, he was not going to think about that, about her. He would banish her from his thoughts and eventually, his memories. He forced his mind to be empty and focussed on his surroundings. There was a chill in the air that he had not noticed before. The ranger quickly gathered some dry wood for a small fire.

An old story bit that I was reminded of listening to Epica's Sancta Terra. 

You will not find me
    I am safe in here
    I am where I want to be
    So leave me now in peace

Which has nothing to do with the story, but suddenly to me became another way to see Jerutha's stubborn insistence to shut everyone and everything out and bar the door, locking himself away inside himself. It feels safe to be alone with himself.

I'll see myself out now :)

edited September 2020

Poor/silly Jerutha... good thing Amber is more stubborn than him :)

Post edited by Carola O on

Oh, Im not sure she wins on that particular character trait ;) Although something made sure he never managed to forget her, so the impression she made was very subborn. Even though it took him six years to realize that trying to forget her was not a valid option. He's cute that way.

edited February 2021

Ready To Go

No story, Just a rogue ready to go somewhere. Anywhere.

edited February 2021

Writing Practise

At some point, Khith offered Yerai to teach him how to read and write. The rogue thought it would be fun and useful to have those skills and agreed. Khith often regretted his offer, for Yerai was anything but a model student.

After helping with the horses, Khith made his way to the fire.  Not far away from his destination, he found Yerai, using a crate as a table, fully focused on writing words on a scrap of parchment. 

“Practicing?” The elf asked casually.

“Of course, ”Yerai said with a grin. “I always do as you tell me. Look.” With a flourish, he offered his work to Khith, who accepted it curiously. “As you told me, a list of items and words I see and hear a lot.”

Ignoring the lie about doing as asked, the elf nodded absently, his eyes going over the still uneven handwriting. His friend was smart enough, but not very eager to learn beyond what he deemed necessary. Trying to make him write in clear, flowing script would never happen, but Khith was pleased to see vast improvements in both spelling and legibility.

He was just about to compliment the rogue, who was looking at him expectantly, when the list of words went from items scattered around the camp to profanities. With a disappointed sigh he turned to Yerai, who flashed him an insolent grin.

“Come on, elf, tell me what you think. I impressed you, didn’t I?” Yerai slapped his colleague's shoulder.

Swallowing his initial comments, Khith composed himself. “The first part is well done, but..  You do know you misspelled di--. No, wait, never mind.”

The rogue laughed loudly in reply.

• Some pretty amazing renders so far Mori!!

edited February 2021

*digs thread up now the gallery is back*

Looks like I have some links to fix.. Let's see how that goes.

In the meantime, have something new:

Evening Stroll

With Lan PoNi, a new character, because new obsessions come with new challenges :)

You Again

Where Nia'rith is not surprised to meet an old acquaintence. (Or rather, muching around with D-force hair and that outfit she demanded I get for her, but never actually got around to using)

I like Lan, will be interesting to see what comes of her :) and Nia'rith is full of action, that hair fits her really well I think

Thank you, Carola :) Nia is very proud of here hair. Lan PoNi is full of surprises, but fun, too.

Moongazing

Wang TengfeiFeng, gazing at the moon. Aonther one that happened while testing. He insisted on entering the scene. He's a character that was co-created (personality-wise) by my best friend. She also did the postwork on his hair and some other fixes here.