Jumpy mouse

2»

Comments

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118
    pete_sko said:

Has anyone found a solution to the twirling / jumping viewport / cube problem. It make Daz impossible to work with! Any help greatly appreciated!

Yes!

That problem is not there anymore, at least for me, in the Public Build (Daz Studio 4.11).

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556

I've got that issue as well. Though mine also will manifest in the mouse freezing for a few seconds system wide. But yeah, I've had the camera spin like crazy. I've taken to holding the mouse very still when I click on the camera controller and pausing for half a second before trying to move the camera. At least you can Undo a camera move.

• The only solution I've found is to hold the left mouse button down, wait two or three  seconds, then proceed.  I'm guessing it's a memory assignment issue with Windows as it only occurs in my character/prop-ntensive scenes (and I still use G2 alot).    It is very annoying, and even the 4.11 beta is doing it too!!!  Surprised nobody from DAZ has tried, but then again, I alsways get "we can't reproduce your issue" from them every time I put a ticket in so they must think I'm off my rocker...

• I know this is an old thread concerning an older version of DAZ Studio, but my computer is not a powerful one, and my issue is with the mouse cursor while running DAZ Studio 4.10. I have not upgraded to DAZ Studio 4.15, because my PC cannot handle the latest things DAZ Studio offers. That has nothing to do with what is happening with my mouse cursor. Also this issue is only showing up in DAZ Studio 4.10. None of the other applications I have on my computer are displaying this problem.

What is the problem? While composing a scene in DAZ Studio 4.10, the cursor takes a dive under the interface of DAZ Studio. It cannot be seen on the desktop screen except when it is in the task bar, which I keep at the bottom of the screen. You can imagine how hard things become when you cannot see the cursor; one cannot know the exact location of the cursor thus making it impossible to click on any tool in the interface. This never occurred in the earlier versions of DAZ Studio, and as I have already stated, it only happens in DAZ Studio 4.10! What it makes me have to do is try to save what I have so far in the scene, close DAZ Studio, then reopen it and reload what I had before. Causes me to have to create more files than I should have to. Even with this solution, I often wind up having to do this several times before I can get my scene rendered!

How can I make the Cursor return to being on top of the interface after it takes its dive?

• ImagoImago Posts: 5,045

Mage 13X13 said:

I know this is an old thread concerning an older version of DAZ Studio, but my computer is not a powerful one, and my issue is with the mouse cursor while running DAZ Studio 4.10. I have not upgraded to DAZ Studio 4.15, because my PC cannot handle the latest things DAZ Studio offers. That has nothing to do with what is happening with my mouse cursor. Also this issue is only showing up in DAZ Studio 4.10. None of the other applications I have on my computer are displaying this problem.

What is the problem? While composing a scene in DAZ Studio 4.10, the cursor takes a dive under the interface of DAZ Studio. It cannot be seen on the desktop screen except when it is in the task bar, which I keep at the bottom of the screen. You can imagine how hard things become when you cannot see the cursor; one cannot know the exact location of the cursor thus making it impossible to click on any tool in the interface. This never occurred in the earlier versions of DAZ Studio, and as I have already stated, it only happens in DAZ Studio 4.10! What it makes me have to do is try to save what I have so far in the scene, close DAZ Studio, then reopen it and reload what I had before. Causes me to have to create more files than I should have to. Even with this solution, I often wind up having to do this several times before I can get my scene rendered!

How can I make the Cursor return to being on top of the interface after it takes its dive?

In your case it seems to be reated to your PC and not DAZ Studio itself. The issue was solved in version 4.12.0.86 (which I'm using) but I still get jumps when working on heavy scenes. A solution is to click and hold the mouse for a short while and then starting moving. Or simply hide some element from scene scene to get a bit more "speed", do your changes and show them again, for multiple selection just hold CTRL button when clicking on the eye icon, it will hide/show the whole hierarchy of the model, its parented/conformed props, GeoShells and GeoGrafts.

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 561
    edited September 2021

Mage 13X13 said:

I know this is an old thread concerning an older version of DAZ Studio, but my computer is not a powerful one, and my issue is with the mouse cursor while running DAZ Studio 4.10. I have not upgraded to DAZ Studio 4.15, because my PC cannot handle the latest things DAZ Studio offers. That has nothing to do with what is happening with my mouse cursor. Also this issue is only showing up in DAZ Studio 4.10. None of the other applications I have on my computer are displaying this problem.

You're losing the cursor, which still happens in newer versions (happens more to me now that I have a wireless mouse and accidentally Left+Right click at the same time — which is usally how the problem happens and can be repeated). And no, it is not your PC, it's Studio itself.

When this happens (disappearing cursor), move the mouse towards an area where you can select your Cameras (so, if you're in Perspective Mode, you will choose that). As soon as you click on that tab, the mouse cursor should reappear. 

Post edited by Visuimag on