Jumpy mouse

ImagoImago Posts: 5,045

Lately I got a bad issue in DAZ: The camera controls are totally crazy! When I click on camera controls, the camera is sent meters away from where it was, without any kind of warning or clear cause!

First I thought it was just the camera tools... But Yesterday I found another hint: Sliders randomly go crazy when using them... I was adjusting the neck of a char and suddenly her neck got twisted 4 times, the Twist slider sent to 430... And I finally got where the problem is! The mouse jumps everywhere at random...

It wasn't the tools to be crazy but the mouse that suddenly jumps away!

Somenone got the same problem? Anyone knows a solution to this?
I'm sure my mouse is ok, it is a professional vertical mouse with just 60 days of life and I see that behaviour only in DAZ!

Post edited by Imago on

Comments

• Other people have reported similar issues, I don't recall that a resolution was found.

• ImagoImago Posts: 5,045

Other people have reported similar issues, I don't recall that a resolution was found.

At least I'm not alone...
    The strangest part is that the jumps happen only when "interacting" with DAZ, for example clicking a slider and moving the mouse.
    The cursor behave properly if just gliding the interface.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

It works if you change to the Geometry Editor and then use the controllers for translation & rotation in the Parameters and Posing tab instead of the gizmos in the Viewport. However, sometimes the sliders in the Posing & Parameters tab can't move what you want to move and you have to use the gozmos in the viewport unfortunately.

It would be nice if sliders were added to the Posing & Pameters tab to enable all that gizmo functionlity there too.

It works if you change to the Geometry Editor and then use the controllers for translation & rotation in the Parameters and Posing tab instead of the gizmos in the Viewport. However, sometimes the sliders in the Posing & Parameters tab can't move what you want to move and you have to use the gozmos in the viewport unfortunately.

It would be nice if sliders were added to the Posing & Pameters tab to enable all that gizmo functionlity there too.

I would encouter the issue anyway, because it seems the mouse sends sudden high values to DAZ.

Imago said:

I would encouter the issue anyway, because it seems the mouse sends sudden high values to DAZ.

That would be a hardware issue with the mouse then, not a SW problem in DAZ Studio. The problem others have bee seeing in DAZ Studio with mouse input is in DAZ Studio. What they get is DAZ Studio is not servicing mouse events fast enough because presumably it is too busy elsewhere processing other work, when it finally has time to service the event queue for the mouse you get a large jump of queued up mouse events that the user was trying to do during the time DAZ Studio wasn't responding to them.

• I have the same problem. Things were working fine then I installed Windows 10 creator fall update and the problem started. Rolling back my Nvidia driver didn't fix it. Same problem with my laptop. I'm still on 4.9 so maybe I'll have to go to 4.10. You can control it moving the mouse to the target, stop, the left click the slider or camera cube, then move the mouse.
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I posted earlier but the bug pretty much is making my Studio unusable. I make complex scenes with lots of props. Everytime I want to check placement of something my camera goes out of control. 

I posted earlier but the bug pretty much is making my Studio unusable. I make complex scenes with lots of props. Everytime I want to check placement of something my camera goes out of control. 

Same here... It happens suddenly, without a pattern or a sign.
    I'm sure my HW is perfect, this happens only in DAZ and only when I use it's interface like camera tools or sliders. As you said, it happens more often as the number of props increase but I get it even with empty scenes.

Fletcher said:
    I have the same problem. Things were working fine then I installed Windows 10 creator fall update and the problem started. Rolling back my Nvidia driver didn't fix it. Same problem with my laptop. I'm still on 4.9 so maybe I'll have to go to 4.10. You can control it moving the mouse to the target, stop, the left click the slider or camera cube, then move the mouse.

I'll have to try that method too...

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    Fletcher said:
    I have the same problem. Things were working fine then I installed Windows 10 creator fall update and the problem started. Rolling back my Nvidia driver didn't fix it. Same problem with my laptop. I'm still on 4.9 so maybe I'll have to go to 4.10. You can control it moving the mouse to the target, stop, the left click the slider or camera cube, then move the mouse.

I noticed that things got worse after the update, too, and not just in Studio; the update has affected some aspects of mouse control with Microsoft Edge.

Fletcher said:

I noticed that things got worse after the update, too, and not just in Studio; the update has affected some aspects of mouse control with Microsoft Edge.

If the Edge problems are happening when DAZ Studio running then it is the same problem & not related to Windows 10 update.

edited November 2017

I don’t have problems with anything but studio but the bug with studio Is severe to the point of the tools being unusable. I don’t use edge, just chrome. 

There must be keyboard substitutes for the viewport controls. I know because I activate them periodically. 

Post edited by Serene Night on

The mouse jumps in Edge even when Studio is not running, unless it's somehow linked with DIM, which I keep open most of the time. Admittedly, I've had the mouse jump in Studio before updating, but only rarely; now it happens every session. Most likely, both Studio 4.10 and the Windows 10 update have bugs that relate to each other, but that's me grasping at straws.

I have the same situation as Serene Night, I get the jumps only in DAZ, every else software is OK. I use Edge every now and then but never got any problem navigating.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2017
    Imago said:

I have the same situation as Serene Night, I get the jumps only in DAZ, every else software is OK. I use Edge every now and then but never got any problem navigating.

Perhaps it's because you enabled cats to organise your content.

Post edited by Chohole on

CATS!! Of course that'd make ANY mouse jumpy! laugh

edited November 2017
    Chohole said:
    Imago said:

Perhaps it's because you enabled cats to organise your content.

Not sure if those "cats" are something inside DAZ or anything else, but the situation in really bad here!

Everytime I'm working on a scene, I have to repostion o correct LOTS of times the camera and now, more and more often, sliders!

Post edited by Imago on

True. It's the same for me, and can get so bad that I have to re-boot my PC. I've started saving partial scenes so I can work on them individually, in case it all goes haywire, then I only have to reload that part. Later, I try and put it all together, saving incrimentally as I go. A scene that should take an hour to set up and render can take hours, now.

edited November 2017

It happens when for example I push the rotate view and it zooms out.  Yesterday I had my mouse in one of the props and it jumped and moved my character instead. It’s really quite unusable.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Failing mouse or mouse management software settings are the most likely issues here.

I’ve decided to roll back the fall creators update and see if it changes my issue with Studio. That was my last major windows update and after that that the problem began. We shall see.

• FletcherFletcher Posts: 63
    edited November 2017

Failing mouse or mouse management software settings are the most likely issues here.

That makes sense.  Can we do a quick survey for the people having this problem?  Maybe we can find a pattern.

My system:
    I7-7700K
    Wired Microsoft mouse,
    DAZ 4.9,
    1080 ti Nivida ver 388.31,
    Windows 10 with Fall Creator Update,
    Problem started right after WIndows Fall Creator Update, no problems with other programs,
    problem can be avoided by not moving mouse, left clicking, then moving mouse.

Post edited by Fletcher on

So far this has proven to work. I rolled back that update and my studio seems back to normal. I will let you know if the issue resurfaces

Mine is a USB mouse that is not failing, has no battery to run down, and the mouse management SW is what comes with Windows 10 standard. And the problem was there since DAZ Studio 4.10.x and has nothing to do with the Windows 10 Fall Creators update except updating to that didn't fix the bug(s) because they are in DAZ Studio 4.10.x.

I have workaround by choosing to activate but some things I can't find any equivalent Parameters / Posing Tab slider / entry field to change then model in the viewport  but can only make the change using the viewport gizmo so that is tedious and a lot of trips to the undo arrow/ctrl-z so I will be glad when they fix that bug for real!

Are they doing something like using openCL to control the gizmos in the viewport now? So slow! That is a solution just waiting to cause trouble even if the user has the latest & greatest nVidia video card.

• OpenCL is used by dForce, the viewport uses OpenGL as usual (or CUDA in Iray preview mode, I suppose).

• Mine is a USB mouse that is not failing, has no battery to run down, and the mouse management SW is what comes with Windows 10 standard. And the problem was there since DAZ Studio 4.10.x and has nothing to do with the Windows 10 Fall Creators update except updating to that didn't fix the bug(s) because they are in DAZ Studio 4.10.x.

I have workaround by choosing to activate but some things I can't find any equivalent Parameters / Posing Tab slider / entry field to change then model in the viewport  but can only make the change using the viewport gizmo so that is tedious and a lot of trips to the undo arrow/ctrl-z so I will be glad when they fix that bug for real!

Are they doing something like using openCL to control the gizmos in the viewport now? So slow! That is a solution just waiting to cause trouble even if the user has the latest & greatest nVidia video card.

It's not a new problem, as people have been experiencing this for several versions now.

edited November 2017

i7_7700, GTX 1080, DS 4.10 and Windows 10, hard-wired mouse and keyboard. Had minor problems with the mouse jumping before, but a lot worse since the Windows update.

Post edited by frankrblow on
  • RainRain Posts: 335
    Imago said:

Other people have reported similar issues, I don't recall that a resolution was found.

At least I'm not alone...
    The strangest part is that the jumps happen only when "interacting" with DAZ, for example clicking a slider and moving the mouse.
    The cursor behave properly if just gliding the interface.

You're definitely not alone.  I have the same problem.  I'm using a MAC.

spuffy said:

You're definitely not alone.  I have the same problem.  I'm using a MAC.

If this happens on a Mac too, the problem lies inside DAZ's code...

• pete_skopete_sko Posts: 1

Has anyone found a solution to the twirling / jumping viewport / cube problem. It make Daz impossible to work with! Any help greatly appreciated!