The Doctor Appreciation thread

1313233343537»

Comments

• I used to have one that was a Lightwave model converted to obj format.

Unfortunately a number of crashes & destroyed hard drives mean it's lost to time.

I downloaded it from who3d.co.uk, but at the moment some of the links to the models (the umbrella) aren't working

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,585

aldemps_65d152c25f said:

I used to have one that was a Lightwave model converted to obj format.

Unfortunately a number of crashes & destroyed hard drives mean it's lost to time.

I downloaded it from who3d.co.uk, but at the moment some of the links to the models (the umbrella) aren't working

I just tried it myself...

http://who3d.co.uk/tardis/really-old/page/4/

...and sadly, the question mark handle umbrella link is, indeed, "broken".  Thing is, several other items CAN be downloaded.

I've long wanted the Dalek movie saucer Rob Semenoff displays on that page, but he never offered that one as a download.

Here's a possible solution, a .DTL file from Thingiverse for the "question mark" handle...

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6529206

...you can just add to the umbrella model of your choice,  You might even have one that opens and collapses.  The one Rob Semenoff once shared was modeled as unfurled.

Hmm, the download links are acting a bit weird 9at least for at the moment) when I try to access them from Rob's site itself.

But...if one types the exact URL into the address bar, it'll work.  So here's the link.

http://who3d.co.uk/tardis/umbrella.zip

Keep in mind it's in .LWO (Lightwave format), so you may need to convert it depending upon the suite you wish to render it.

edited May 11

In anticipation for the newest season of Doctor Who debuting upon Disney+ this weekend, I depicted Mzzkiti attempting to pilot the TARDIS.  Or maybe that's actually the Doctor having regenerated into a member of the CatKind species showcased in the episodes "New Earth" and "Gridlock". (A COVID lockdown presentation, "The Secret of Novice Hame"...

...written by former and returning showrunner Russell T. Davies himself implies this could happen!)  Either way, it's just a silly fan art tribute one should not take too seriously.

Credits

Mzzkiti

Melody for A3...Lady LittleFox
    Face and body morphs...Beth Capsces
    "Paw" morphs...JENelson (aka Achronicity)
    Textures...Ethin (aka E-T-H-I-N)
    Tail tuft...Little Dragon
    Mane (using Versa-Tail)...JENelson (aka Achronicity)
    SF32 Pants & Top...RoyLoo
    "Corset" & Collar from "Infamous"...Lady LittleFox

Environment

"Modded" Capaldi console and side stations...Rocs (maybe "Rocz"?)
    Plinth (really 9th Doctor console flipped)...Arjin
    Roundel walls...capnbluto
    Thin dais (Planetarium)...Flipmode
    Time Rotor...Aldemps

Mzzkiti-n-TARDIS-J-1.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 225K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • blutobluto Posts: 831

thanks bill  , that wurked