The Doctor Appreciation thread

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited January 2014

I still need to package it up...and do a couple finishing touches on it.

UV mapping is done, now...so it can do proper reflections and take textures, if wanted.

From the grainy, screenshots of the old black and white clips I looked at, I couldn't get a good look at the emitter end, so it's just a 'glass' dome. I kind of got the impression that they never really altered the actual item they used for the prop...

I'm also working on UV mapping Rob's 3rd and up one so it can be colored to match the ones used/replica-toy ones sold.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • MGHSFAN2kMGHSFAN2k Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

Thanks to shadowhawk1 for sending the Clara Morph... and with that.... here's a rendering of her as the 11th Doctor...

Clara11thOutfitDoctor.jpg
    1679 x 1050 - 245K
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,191
    edited December 1969

MGHSFAN2k said:
    Thanks to shadowhawk1 for sending the Clara Morph... and with that.... here's a rendering of her as the 11th Doctor...

You are more than welcome, Clara looks great as a Doctor. I would love to see more of her if you have more images.

• monkeycloudmonkeycloud Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nice Clara morph :-)

Here's the latest on my morph of the Matt Smith Doctor… or Eleventh Doctor, if one subscribes to the practice of not counting the John Hurt Doctor ("The War Doctor")… which I am happy to do, and which does seem to be the orthodoxy or canon dictated by the writing in the show itself…

…anyway, I've applied a basic texture and refined the sculpt some more. Really want to get more detail in still. But I think the best way to do that is probably to use a displacement map, alongside the diffuse texture I'm now working on.

Render14.png
    512 x 512 - 254K
    Render15.png
    512 x 512 - 196K
    Render16.png
    512 x 512 - 220K
    Render17.png
    512 x 512 - 208K
  • monkeycloudmonkeycloud Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Some more test renders, this time with the shaved head, for a clearer view of those rocket fins ;-)

Render11.png
    512 x 512 - 196K
    Render12.png
    512 x 512 - 225K
    Render13.png
    512 x 512 - 192K
  • blutobluto Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

MGHSFAN2k said:

what texture did you use for clara?

• MGHSFAN2kMGHSFAN2k Posts: 125
    edited December 1969
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,698
    edited December 1969

I couldn't find an appropriate trenchcoat, but here he is.

Doctor_Who.jpg
    554 x 618 - 288K
  • marymary Posts: 70
    edited January 2014

is there a eighth Doctor morph or and a Clara Oswald morpth?

Post edited by mary on
  • aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

Just messing about.

My take on the 8th Doctor's updated costume using stuff from my runtime.

14-01-15_8th_Doctor.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 617K
    14-01-15_8th_Doctor_Costume.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 210K
  • adriantullbergadriantullberg Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

Found something here - would this help in modelling Tom Baker? http://gallifreybase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7694010#post7694010

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593
    edited December 1969

Found something here - would this help in modelling Tom Baker? http://gallifreybase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7694010#post7694010

I certainly thought so. You may notice the other day I asked if the sculptor might share some front and side photos of the finished project. He seems amiable to the idea.

Sincerely,

Bill

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 706
    edited December 1969

I always felt it was a pity that someone on the BBC production staff was crappy to Eccleston and a couple of others on the show, causing him to leave. He was my favorite Doctor second to Baker, and the ONLY guy so far I liked on the revised series. Anyway, I wanted to make a portrait in the style of the classics shown in the opening credits. Here's the Ninth/Tenth Doctor, done in a style akin to Japanese anime, hope ya like it. :D

Tardis_Sands.jpg
    1258 x 857 - 462K
    The_Doctor_and_Rose.jpg
    1258 x 857 - 420K
    Doctor_Who_Opener.jpg
    1258 x 857 - 464K
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,191
    edited December 1969

maxi90 said:
    is there a eighth Doctor morph or and a Clara Oswald morpth?

I have a Clara Oswald morph send me a note and I will share it with you if you like.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited January 2014

Peter Capaldi's first official doctor costume... a bit of vintage teddy boy influence.
    ...but now the fun begins - finding the Runtime content to make it, and HD morphs if you want to model a face like that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peter-Capaldi-as-the-Doct-001.jpg
    750 x 1203 - 103K
    Post edited by Jabba on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2014

Jabba101 said:
    Peter Capaldi's first official doctor costume... a bit of vintage teddy boy influence.
    ...but now the fun begins - finding the Runtime content to make it, and HD morphs if you want to model a face like that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just happened to see your post. A couple of suggestions

http://www.daz3d.com/wanted-dead-or-alive or http://www.daz3d.com/mafioso THe 2nd one will fit stadard M4 as well as the figure it is pictured on, plus there are unimesh fits as well.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,124
    edited December 1969

I am still unable to watch day of the doctor. I have been waiting so long but still have not seen it.

edited December 1969

I just noticed this one and I thought that you all might find it usefull

the first lady of time

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=73225

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,698
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:

Notice the way his trousers break around the shins: he has tall boots on beneath, mid-calf with a straight uncuffed masculine top line. Look in vintage European uniform sets.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:

Notice the way his trousers break around the shins: he has tall boots on beneath, mid-calf with a straight uncuffed masculine top line. Look in vintage European uniform sets.It's a custom pair of Doc Martens (their existing brogue boots have a different leather detailing)... either specially made for the show or will be released as a new boot "as seen on Dr Who".

edited December 1969

I got to see The day of the doctor finally. About to watch time of the doctor and head to sleep. Good night.

edited December 1969

Just messing about.

Has anyone found a model of the updated K9 from his solo TV series?
    It would be perfect for Anime Who.

14-02-02_Two_Doctors.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 703K
    edited December 1969

Why is that a telephone box instead of a police box?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,433
    edited December 1969

Maybe the nwe costume is going to involve (under)pants worn on the top of the other clothing?

edited December 1969

Why is that a telephone box instead of a police box?

I took my ispiration from the cover of an old Japanese translation of the first Doctor Who novel.
    The artist had obviously never seen the programme & had no idea what a police telephone box looked like (this was before the internet & google) and so just used an everyday telephone box.
    There is a link to the illustration somewhere earlier in this thread.

I just liked the idea & decided to run with it for my 'anime' Doctor Who images.

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

When will the next Who episode come out? I don't think there has been a new one since Christmas.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,433
    edited February 2014

I think the new series, with Peter Capaldi, is due in the Autumn.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

I think the new series, with Peter Capaldi, is due in the Autumn.

Forgot to thank you for your answer.

edited December 1969

I am watching some Second Doctor episodes and was wondering what happened to this thread.