2d rendering of clothing

2»

Comments

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,588

Enabling the Matte Node does the 'hiding'. Disabling Matte Node unhides the figure. You don't have to hide anything in the Scene tree.

You would apply the Matte to the figure, underwear and possibly hair, to anything that you want to disappear.

Nothing is applied to the clothes.

1 Render model seperately from the clothes, so you have the base image of the model (you'll probably also want underwear, hair etc.)
    2 Apply and Enable Matte Node to all these things that are in the base image and you don't want in the clothes images..
    3 Add clothes in turn and create renders

• that worked perfectly prixat , thank you very much

if I hadn't been so half asleep when I tried last night, most likely would have worked it out first time lol

I most likely have more questions at some point , but for now am good to proceed,  thank you to everyone who posted in this thread, much appreciated. :)

• So am having a issue here with the iray advanced script,  for some reason I can't get it to apply to the basic male model.

Is it only available to specific models?  

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,588

Hi Shaun
    I suspect the material shader is 3Delight. That's likely with the older figures. Once you've changed it to Iray, the advanced node script should work.

• the engine is set to NVIDIA iray but the Matte Node just won't show up in the parameters area 

Its very odd, not doing anything differnet from when I tested it first time you suggested this fix to me. 

• OK got it working lol still have no idea what happened or how I even fixed it ,  weirdness going on with my daz studio. 

• I figured it out am sure, I tried applying it via the render settings tab and it didn't apply.

Need to apply from Smart Content and Utilities for it to work,  note to self and anyone else who following this to learn. :) 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046

Blender is the only thing I found I can use to open and convert exr files satisfactory, image magic can some but not as well

I have discussed this before as to why DAZ chose to not implement a more common image format like tiff, png, tga or bmp or at least an option to save as such but other users assure me this is the correct format to use and basically  I should suck it up, open my wallet and use photoshop angry

Glad I at least figured out how to batch convert them in Blender!!! yes

• you render image in .png format, and this thread shows you that you can render in layers (each piece of clothing) , then can construct they layers and work with them in most photo editors. Yes it takes quite a bit of time to render, but you can render in .png and take it from there. 

I don't really see any use for the .exr file myself.  

• prixat said:

I thinks there's an easier way than using canvasses and masks.

Just switching on the 'Enable Iray Matte' in Parameters, will give you the renders with the back removed.

(That's one of the Advanced Iray Node properties which have to be switched on via a script in Main menu/Scripts.)

Put the figure and any clothes in the pose you want them,
    Select just the figure and run that script.
    With only the figure still selected go to parameters and turn on the new property.
    Render to PNG.
    Change clothes, Render...
    ​Change clothes, Render...
    ​Change clothes, Render... etc.

I can't believe this took me this long to find this. Thanks! (sorry for the 4 year old thread resurrection :P).