Is there a way to set Spot Render Tool to use "New Window" setting by default? (SOLVED)

2»

Comments

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

crosswind said:

Loony said:

crosswind said:

1. You just need to "frame to render" in Viewport with Spot Render Tool, and ignore that Tool Settings pane. It works...you'll get the render window... The status you see in the Tool Settings pane is that "bug" ...i.e. the pane could not get the current status....

2. Daz Script uses "/" rather than "\"...

So, the option is changed, but not visible in the UI?

Nope....

nope? So... wait what? So it does NOT work? I am confused now, I thought I understand your words in the way, that it has effect, but doesn't get visible.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173
    edited November 2023

Loony said:

crosswind said:

Loony said:

crosswind said:

1. You just need to "frame to render" in Viewport with Spot Render Tool, and ignore that Tool Settings pane. It works...you'll get the render window... The status you see in the Tool Settings pane is that "bug" ...i.e. the pane could not get the current status....

Nope....

nope? So... wait what? So it does NOT work? I am confused now, I thought I understand your words in the way, that it has effect, but doesn't get visible.

It has already brought you the render window as default when you go for Spot Rendering after launching DS and your Scene, BUT that bug is out of our control... If you do care about that "visible", just send a support ticket to Daz asking for the ultimate fix....

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

Loony said:

crosswind said:

Loony said:

crosswind said:

Nope....

It has already brought you the render window as default when you go for Spot Rendering after launching DS and your Scene, BUT that bug is out of our control... If you do care about that "visible", just send a support ticket to Daz asking for the ultimate fix....

Sorry, I really don't get you... what exactly do you mean by having daz studio automatically switch to "spot render" as the selected tool with your script, is that the "improvement" you're talking about?

Because that is nothing that is in my interest, my target is that it is "prepared" to have the "New window" checked, that's all, I would also love to have "pin to both" for the active pose tool as default.

Daz Studio does REALLY need to save the last used configs, same for Mesh grabber, I would love to keep it on my last used settings (linear mode and rotation disabled, also a softer gain value to have a smoother impact to control any modifications.)

edited November 2023

Please do not complain to me.. I'm no culprit. I'm just the one of those who may help to find some workarounds to give you guys "better than nothing". I'm no Daz...I can fix such an issue momentarily if I own Ds source code but I'm no Daz...

If you dislike such a workaround, pls just ignore it.

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

Please do not complain to me.. I'm no culprit. I'm just the one of those who may help to find some workarounds to give you guys "better than nothing". I'm no Daz...I can fix such an issue momentarily if I own Ds source code but I'm no Daz...

If you dislike such a workaround, pls just ignore it.

No... I try to understand what I have to "expect" from your script, I try to solve the language barrier, by understanding what I should "see" when using your method ;)

That's whaat I try all the time to dig out your fingers xD

Such a status (checkbox) from a plug-in should be usually written to Windows Registry, but this Spot Render plug-in was not...

crosswind said:

Such a status (checkbox) from a plug-in should be usually written to Windows Registry, but this Spot Render plug-in was not...

Uhm so... the script is correct and should usually set the "point" in the correct checkbox, alright? But "my" Studio is bugged and it doesn't work.

Do I understand it now correct? :)

Loony said:

crosswind said:

Uhm so... the script is correct and should usually set the "point" in the correct checkbox, alright? But "my" Studio is bugged and it doesn't work.

Everybody's DS has this "bug", not only yours cool 

crosswind said:

Loony said:

crosswind said:

Everybody's DS has this "bug", not only yours cool 

You could really try to just say "yes" or "no, it is..." xD... I try since 5 messages to get a easy and clear answer xD if the script should do something or if it does NOT work and I can't see anything :D

Just answer this with YES or NO:

Does it NOT work, right now, because the Software is bugged?

YES ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Spot Render plug-in has A bug, to be exactly.

crosswind said:

YES ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thaaanks :D

Loony said:

crosswind said:

YES ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thaaanks :D

Don't mention it ~~  Neither of us is a native English speaker... devil