Daz Imposibly slow/laggy in viewport even in blank scene.

2»

Comments

• So, I am having huge problems with this. I have tried everything in this thread to no avail. I am running an Intel Core i7-3770 (3.40GHz), 16GB RAM, 64bit Windows 10 and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560. If I create a primitive, the movements are fine. As soon as I load a character (tried G2 and G3), everything lags to frustration. 

Any other thoughts or ideas for me?

• That's a pretty ancient GPU, if it isn't a typo.

• edited April 2019

If you're using a laptop, your laptop probably had dual graphic processor which is the intel and nvidia.

The intel processor is used for normal task to save battery and the nvidia processor is used for high graphic task such as gaming and 3d designing.

In my case, the DAZ studio is using the intel graphic processor instead of the nvidia, which caused it lag in the viewport.

My problem is solved after changing the graphic processor from intel to nvidia.

For those who had similar problems like me, you could try:

1. On the Desktop, right click DAZ studio icon, then choose 'Run with graphics processor > High Performance NVIDIA processor'

OR

2. Open NVIDIA Control Panel > 3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings, add DAZ studio in 'Program Settings' and select NVIDIA processor for 'preferred graphics processor'

OR

3. Open Window's Device Manager > Display adapters. It should list two adapters which is the intel and nvidia. Right click the intel processor and choose 'Disable device'. It will disable the intel graphic processor and forced windows to use nvidia processor for all applications, all the time. NOTE: This is for testing purpose only, you should enable the intel graphic processor again after testing.

Post edited by aidilskr_56ace18cf4 on
  • i know its an old post but i have had problems with lagging in a completely empty  viewport it seems to be a problem with the tools section. if i select node its fine. any other tool setting there is a lag. hope this may help.

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605
    edited March 2022

this seems promising, 

after tweaking the aux viewport i thought it solved the problem,

but if you move your mouse over the main viewport that's what introduces the delay

maybe my intel graphics 2500 is so old it doesnt have the proper openGL version

dijitul said:

I know this thread is old, but once again I was looking for a solution to this problem and didn't find a applicable answer on the forums.  However, I did find one cause of slow viewport response (for me) and that was related to the Aux Viewport.

So, in addition to the other troubleshooting discussed above, check this:  If the Aux Viewport is set to iRay preview mode, then it'll impact the response time of the default Viewport even when you're not looking at the Aux Viewport.  So, click/enable the tab for Aux Viewport and make sure it's set to the fastest preview mode, then close the tabe if you're not using it.  Hope this helps somebody... it was aggravating me!

Post edited by mCasual on
  • mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605

after switching from mobo Intel Graphics HD 2500 to gtx1070 the 5 seconds lag is gone

• Richard Haseltine said:

Did you try the different settings for Edit>Preferences>Interface>Display Optimisation?

What a wonderfull advice, solved all my issues i had in texture shaded viewport, thank you. I even had to delete some very fine looking hairs because they were always the delayers of the speed. Now how i can use all hairs without affecting the speed in vieport. Unfortunately the speed issues in iray still remains