[LINKS] Doctor Who freebie list: Regeneration

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Okay then, here's the before and after. The "Dalek New 1" preset is using the unaltered textures for the "Dalekanium" and "DalekBalls" surfaces, the "Dalek New 4" preset uses the versions I edited with massively boosted Gamma and Saturation. (I haven't included these, of course.) Yes, I've gone through several iterations of edits, and I think I've finally got something close to the grungy look seen early in the episode Dalek, while it was still chained up in the vault.

I'm still wondering why all the other texture maps worked OK, while just these two needed poking with a stick. Is Poser's Superfly so different?

Thanks!  I don't know how to sort this onto the PoserWiki as a forum file, but I'm sure we can arrange.

I am usually simply linking to the message in the forum that contains the zip ... Click on the date below the avatar and the post number and you get the link to that post.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6050462/#Comment_6050462

Sorry for butting in, I have no idea about Doctor Who, just Wiki thingies.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,584
    Kerya said:

Okay then, here's the before and after. The "Dalek New 1" preset is using the unaltered textures for the "Dalekanium" and "DalekBalls" surfaces, the "Dalek New 4" preset uses the versions I edited with massively boosted Gamma and Saturation. (I haven't included these, of course.) Yes, I've gone through several iterations of edits, and I think I've finally got something close to the grungy look seen early in the episode Dalek, while it was still chained up in the vault.

I'm still wondering why all the other texture maps worked OK, while just these two needed poking with a stick. Is Poser's Superfly so different?

Thanks!  I don't know how to sort this onto the PoserWiki as a forum file, but I'm sure we can arrange.

...I have no idea about Doctor Who...

Join us...Join us...Join us... wink

• DodgerDodger Posts: 304
    edited June 2021
    Raxocoricofallapatorian.png
    769 x 1024 - 1017K
    Post edited by Dodger on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687

Nice one!

Does he squash into the Trump-morph for the base Klingon figure, too?  wink

Eustace Scrubb said:

Nice one!

Does he squash into the Trump-morph for the base Klingon figure, too?  wink

Lol, no that's gonna take some postwork to show.

edited June 2021

This is not Doctor Who, but there's nowhere else to really post it and it's ALMOST Doctor Who. I mean, according to Ten's comment in The Christmas Invasion, it might even be the same universe. Maybe.

Anyway, Douglas Adams was showrunner for a season even. And Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency is just a rework of Shada.

https://sharecg.com/v/97842/view/11/Poser/Vogon

Vogon.png
    743 x 1024 - 1M
    Post edited by Dodger on

So, I don't know if this helps or not on my maps BUT:

The materials are all PoserSurface but what I call "PBR-ish".

1: Texture = Base Colour
    BUT
    Specular Colour also = Base Colour. It's based on how the PoserSurfaces do in Poser.

The higher the total Reflection Value (which I usually set as the multiplication of the Reflection Value map and the Glossy Map), the more Specular Colour applies, otherwise it comes from Texture.

To build a base colour map in Photoshop from these bits, you could probably do (and I'm guessing here from my knowledge of what Poser is doing when it renders): Take the Texture map in a Photoshop document. Add the Spec map as a layer above it. In a second PS document, place the Reflection Value map. Place the Glossy Map above it and set the blend mode to Multiply. Copy merged from the second document. In the first document, add a layer mask to the Spec Map layer. Paste the merged contents from the second document into it (you can now close the second document without saving, you're done with it, it was just to merge those--anything that does that would work I just figured that's the most common easy approach). Export that as your Base Colour. (BTW if any of these maps isnt there, obviously you don't need to merge them.)

2: Reflection Value X Glossy = Metallicity (or just whichever if either isn't there or is all white).

3: In older stuff, Roughness = Roughness. In newer ones, I figured out Roughness was always coming out as the inverse of Glossiness so I worked out how to bypass the need for that map and only provide Glossiness by inverting it in Poser colour node maths. In photoshop or whatever, you can just invert it.

4: Height = Bump, though usually I actually just have the map called "Bump". Gamma should be 1.

5: Normal = Normal. These are OpenGL Normals BTW. 

SpottedKitty said:

But wait! There's more!

OK, here, let me see what I can do.

If the forums let me upload this file, this is an export of the Dalek's maps from SP using DZFire's exporter at https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/915815/#Comment_915815 ;

zip
    zip
    3DnDDalek1024DAZIRay.zip
    6M
    edited June 2021

Hey! It worked!

Just to note, those are also all limited to 1024x1024 textures max size, converted to 77% quality JPEG (I have PNGs that go up to 4096, but that would have made for a huge attachment)

Post edited by Dodger on
    edited June 2021

So here's the Cyberman

zip
    zip
    3DnDCyberman1024DAZIRay.zip
    1M
    Post edited by Dodger on
    edited June 2021

Also here's the Dalek and Cyberman JSON files. I don't know if those are necessary to you.

Post edited by Dodger on
    edited June 2021

Here's another: 

zip
    zip
    3DnDJudoon1024DAZIRay.zip
    5M
    Post edited by Dodger on
    edited June 2021

Here's K-9

zip
    zip
    3DnDK91024DAZIRay.zip
    2M
    Post edited by Dodger on
    edited June 2021

Here's the Cyberman's Cybergun

zip
    zip
    3DnDCybermanCybergun1024DAZIRay.zip
    Post edited by Dodger on

And the Raxocoricofallapatorian

edited June 2021

Won't let me do the whole TARDIS Secondary console room at 2048 in one but 1024px for big wooden walls seems crap so I'll try it in parts.

zip
    zip
    3DnDTARDIS2CR2048DAZIRay.zip
    4M
    zip
    zip
    3DnDTARDIS2CRFloor2048DAZIRay.zip
    zip
    zip
    3DnDTARDIS2CRMain2048DAZIRay.zip
    5M
    zip
    zip
    3DnDTARDIS2CRMirror2048DAZIRay.zip
    zip
    zip
    3DnDTARDIS2CRScanner2048DAZIRay.zip
    3M
    Post edited by Dodger on

Anyway, I hope these help!

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 701

Any classic Cybermen, apart from the Invasion one?

not yet. I've considered doing the original. But I think an ice warrior is coming sooner

edited June 2021

OK I attached to all of those and it said it attached but now the attachments seem to be missing. What's going on with that?

[Edit: I re-attached them but WTF?]

Post edited by Dodger on
  • Attachments do seem prone to oddness - it soemtimes helps to make a post and close the tab, then go back to the thread and make the second post and so on.

• drucdruc Posts: 350

Does anyone know where I can download a copy of Matt Smith's sonic screwdriver I have the face morph (supposedly for Matt Smith) for Genesis 2 male, although I can't get it to look right. Maybe it's the hair as I don't have a hair similar to Matt's rather sensible hair I have Clara Oswald for G8F. I have the Tardis interiors and exteriors, just no sonic.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,124
    edited July 2021

Would this do?

https://sharecg.com/v/30393/view/11/Poser/Taylor-Jaynes-Sonic-Screwdriver

It's a Poser PP2 file, but looks to me as if it should be OK, but I don't know if it's the correct generation (never look with enough interest at the props, just follow the story. blush​ ).

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on

Thanks Richardandtracy, that one is more David Tenant (10th Doctor) and I have it. Matt's is larger and has 4 claws that can open. 

11thDoctorSonicActualProp.jpg
    871 x 438 - 29K
    edited July 2021

https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/sonic-screwdriver-4fc27eacaf214951ac96b8c7760756c4

@druc , here's a .OBJ version of this sonic one can download for free.

Post edited by Redfern on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited July 2021

I can't believe I didn't share my work on this thread...

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/83886/david10-for-g8m

Product: David10 for G8M
    Author: RKane_1

Hello. I present to you David10 for G8M. This is really just a morph with a Character Preset that uses a Skin Materials found in Edward 8

The morph is under Actor/People/Real World

I have included a Character Preset but it does use Edward 8's Materials.

The Hair he is pictured with is not included but it is as follows:

-Super Natural Brows G8M with the Shape Preset of SNB G8M Style 33
    -CC Beard Boss with the Brown Material and Shaping -> Sides preset of CC Beard Boss - Short Burns with Materials 02 Brunettes -> CC Beard Boss - 02 Brunettes - 02
    -Tousled Hair with the Brown Materials set.

Please enjoy his Timey Wimey Goodness.

David10.png
    900 x 1050 - 1M
    Post edited by RKane_1 on

Thanks Redfern. Was this one listed in the free items for Dr Who? If it was I missed it or thought it was one I already had.

Once more, thank you Redfern. I hadn't been to sketchfab.com looking for models before. I needed to sign up. I downloaded your link and had to go out for the afternoon. I am now back, did two quick renders (after looking at the model in Hexagon to see what it was). I then started to look at the links on the Sketchfab page and in one of the pay for models there was a comment that led me here https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/11th-doctors-sonic-ee417cbf94964752a5a90d683675797f ;

I have attached a picture Poser 11 Pro firefly render textures supplied but they needed to be located due to naming issue. The model is in .fbx format. Poser reads this. It is 6 parts, body, slider and 4 claw parts. The claw parts rotation point is correct and no adjustment is required. Parent the claws to the slider, the slider to the body and re-size (it is very large) adjust for your requirements.

Sonic Action.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 663K

Glad to learn you found one even better.

Does anyone know of a good hair for Matt Smith Dr Who?