Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,897

I liked everything about 3DL but the darn skin, and now I know why. Yay!

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 2016

My attempt at a foggy night.

SneekingAround.jpg
    600 x 900 - 45K
    Post edited by Gone on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Gorgeous pinup Liana. Impressed with your other works too.

So I guess I ask this of everyone...

If you had a way better computer, would you jump ship from 3Delight in a heartbeat like rats fleeing a sinking ship or do you stay saying you are the captain... har... I mean huh?

Nope I just use both.  My laptop doesn't like Iray but my PC doesnt have too much trouble with it.  Sooo, I use both.  Depends on my mood and what I am trying to achieve.  I started right before Iray came out like a couple of months before.  I resisted Iray for many months.  Now, I am learning to use both lol.

edited December 2016

Here a couple of recent ones....

Curiosity.png
    988 x 790 - 1M
    Kadis Armour Top of the Mountain 3.png
    1024 x 819 - 1M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • That is an impressive set Zamual on page 9. I am also finding everybody's postings on 9 and 10 interesting especially the early or first rendering. They are a good comparison of where you were and how you each progressed.
  • LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

IMore good renders. I like the portal one Ice Dragon. I am an SG-1 fan hehe

I'm fond of portals myself lol and I am pretty sure we have all the seasons of SG-1 as well as the movie etc. lol. 

Lots of beautiful renders and its really interesting to see how different everyone's renders are.

• Gone said:

How did you do this one. I use AoA fog camera

I'm fond of portals myself lol and I am pretty sure we have all the seasons of SG-1 as well as the movie etc. lol. 

We have at least to season 8 and all the movies. That is a different portal than one you did before i think it was on your art thread?

Yes, I was rooting around in my admittedly ridiculous amount of content and came across this one.  Its the whole scene, it has like 6 fog cameras, all the stuff you see in the scene is included and lots more that you can't actually see from this angle.  The set is called Ghostlands and I believe I got it from Dreamlight.  Not here though on his own site.

Yes, I was rooting around in my admittedly ridiculous amount of content and came across this one.  Its the whole scene, it has like 6 fog cameras, all the stuff you see in the scene is included and lots more that you can't actually see from this angle.  The set is called Ghostlands and I believe I got it from Dreamlight.  Not here though on his own site.

Cool. :) I like that portal will check it out. Thanks!

Always happy to share lol!

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 2016

Playing with one of the freebies I picked up today...

This is more for testing out a texture coloration, as opposed to showing of 3DL.  It's a LAMH preset and yeah, the base glossiness is way off (the light grey under the fur..).

treerat.png
    640 x 800 - 478K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • I'm fond of portals myself lol and I am pretty sure we have all the seasons of SG-1 as well as the movie etc. lol. 

Lots of beautiful renders and its really interesting to see how different everyone's renders are.

Ah, another SG-1 fan here, too.  I have all the seasons except the last two on DVD, plus I have the movies.  I also watched the spin offs Atlantis and Stargate Universe.  I saw the original Stargate movie starring Kurt Russell and I was super excited when they decided to do a tv series.  Then, when I found out that Richard Dean Anderson was starring, well, I was in heaven.  :)  Hmm, I love portals, too. I think I have all of the ones here in my library.  :)

• I'm fond of portals myself lol and I am pretty sure we have all the seasons of SG-1 as well as the movie etc. lol. 

Ah, another SG-1 fan here, too.  I have all the seasons except the last two on DVD, plus I have the movies.  I also watched the spin offs Atlantis and Stargate Universe.  I saw the original Stargate movie starring Kurt Russell and I was super excited when they decided to do a tv series.  Then, when I found out that Richard Dean Anderson was starring, well, I was in heaven.  :)  Hmm, I love portals, too. I think I have all of the ones here in my library.  :)

since you mentioned portals:  https://www.facebook.com/DzfireDaz3d/

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    Gone said:

How did you do this one. I use AoA fog camera
    I was going to use the fog camera, but decided to try Marshian's fog prop instead. Haven't given that nearly as much attention as  I should. The flashlight has an AoA spotlight with the flashlight gobo. Since the prop uses omubervolume, you get the nice light cone.
    After posting that, I realized I could use more than one fog prop - so here it is again with a second prop for ground fog. At least, now, it looks like there is some fog. smiley

SneekingAround.jpg
    600 x 900 - 48K

since you mentioned portals:  https://www.facebook.com/DzfireDaz3d/

Ah! You had to show me that!  Definitely looks like a must buy.  Will probably have to be put on the wishlist if it comes out real soon, though.

edited December 2016

Further skin experiments, but also experimenting with doing an end run around bouncelights by, instead, making surfaces slightly reflective...

Granted, the obvious stuff is obviously glossy, but I think it adds to the realism.

S6 in Lockup.png
    1748 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Oso3D on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621
    edited December 2016
    kyoto kid said:

..for skin in 3DL one person who really pushed the quality is Rogerbee.  His work can be found on the "Realistic Renderes....NOT" thread.

Linky please Kyoto???  I can't find it in search.  :(

..the thread kind if petered out in June (probably because of the Iray Renders Thread) but here is the link to the latest incarnation:  Unfortunately there is no backwards link to earlier renditions of the thread.  By the time this iteration of this thread occurred, Iray had just ben released so you will also find early Iray (as well as some Reality/LuxRender) pics as well.  Most of Rogerbee's samples earlier in the thread were done with 3DL but then he moved to experimenting in Iray. . He usually does mention what render engine he is using.

http://download.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/54439/realistic-renders-not-14-a-new-frontier/p1

Heres the link to the previous incarnation (#13) which does have a backwards link to even older versions. In this one Rogerbee has some really exquisite examples and everything is 3DL. here

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/32848/realistic-renders-not-13-a-new-room-to-fill

Yeah the forums search is about as useful as a plastic fork and knife is for eating steak.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    mjc1016 said:

Playing with one of the freebies I picked up today...

This is more for testing out a texture coloration, as opposed to showing of 3DL.  It's a LAMH preset and yeah, the base glossiness is way off (the light grey under the fur..).

...nice.  I almost picked "Squirrly" up today as well.  If there is a version "Four" of the offer tomorrow, maybe I'll get him then along with several of the fish.

Further skin experiments, but also experimenting with doing an end run around bouncelights by, instead, making surfaces slightly reflective...

Granted, the obvious stuff is obviously glossy, but I think it adds to the realism.

...nice effect. That looks really good.

You can't give up bounce entirely...because making surfaces that shouldn't be 'reflective' slightly so will end up 'breaking the illusion'.  Really what you are doing by adding in a bit of reflection is coming closer to a more 'modern' model for surfaces than the base/UberSurface/AoA shaders use.  To get even closer, you would need to add Fresnel to those surfaces, too.

I think in the long 3DL tips thread Wowie goes into this a bit...and for most things, it's not a lot that is needed.

Those walls and fixtures look very good. 

To be fair, the fixtures were already reflective and I did nothing with them. ;)

I actually added reflection to the blankets, but VERY slight. I'm kind of going on faith that it made a difference.

edited December 2016

Here's the latest from a simple 'test' render...

That's the old Daz Squirrel with a LAMH hair, edited texture, instance leaf litter, DoF and Kettu's raytracer scripted rendering with GI.  In around 25 mins,,,it was a lot less without the DoF.

treerat3..png
    640 x 800 - 854K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on

Still a cute squirrel. :)

• edited December 2016
    Another old render. This one is Ho For the Holidays. I hope to start doing new renders soon that I can upload.

Let's see, there's Dasher and Prancer and Buxom and Vixen.... Sounds like the narration to Goodfellas.

Ho for the hoidays.jpg
    1638 x 921 - 1M
    Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on

SANTA CLAWS HA AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Santa Claws.png
    667 x 1080 - 965K

SANTA CLAWS HA AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Good one Will. :) He actually looks pretty good in a Santa suit. :)

I had to hide his claws, not autofit the hat, and puff out the coat a bit, but I've had worse fits from humans!

• Maybe Santa Claws' belt needs to be made out of human hide.
This discussion has been closed.