The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children renders

1161718192022»

Comments

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,528
    edited July 25

Thought I recognised the character from this thread. I do like what you've done to the throne, and the pose is pretty darned good too.

Makes me think of a book called 'Dire Planet' by Joel Jenkins that I got as a freebie from Amazon. A very imaginative romp based on Mars where a US astronaut is flung 47000 years into a past on Mars where there is an atmosphere and is populated by people, where the beautiful (obviously) women out number men 10:1. As I said, a romp, and it's exhausting to read too much at a time because the pace is relentless in the book.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 375
    edited August 16

I still bring out the old sets from time to time... dust them off with some new shaders.

Trick or Treat
    Older figures of various vintages...

Secret Place
    The only thing "new" is Hivewire's Horse.

Fright Night
    One newer figure. I bet you can't guess which one...

The biggest challenges with older stuff are getting them posed well and the lack of proper bump maps to get those subtle specular details.

GothFae2bs.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 200K
    Halloween2023cs.jpg
    1800 x 1200 - 300K
    Fantasy2023s.jpg
    1400 x 900 - 305K
    Post edited by Semicharm on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656

Oooh Halloween! Nope can't guess. Who is it?

edited August 19

@Semicharm, it is nice to see someone new joining in with the older generations, great images full of action & character.

If I have to guess as to the newer figure, I'd say the ghost sheet in the lowest image. IIRC in the last year or two there was a ghost sheet figure released.. Where from I can't recall, but it rings a [faint] bell.

Now, I this weekend have played about with my TriAx GV3 trying to duplicate a bronze age Chris Achilleos Amazons pose I thought I remembered well from his 'Sirens' book. Now that I have just rediscovered the book, I found the pose was so far from my memory that I was barking up the wrong tree entirely. Ho hum. What fun. I also had a spurious translation appear in GV3's finger joints - hidden translation parameters with non-zero values that make the finger joints look dislocated. I finally found the cause & cured them. I have occasionally had them over the years with GV3 and never before found the cause & cure. I also thought I had a shield of a particular shape. Turns out I needed to model one. However I DID have the scale armour I wanted (at least one bit of my memory worked properly!), so GV3 could stand flamboyantly on a rock in the sun guarding a woodland path. She's a V3 generation character - everything has to be done in an OTT manner, it's a rule established years ago for Vickie's of her generation.

She's wearing G8F clothes & hair & G8F body hair (can't imagine bronze age Amazons shaving armpits - on the modelling side, I was surprised that the G8F armpit hair model fitted to a TriAx GV3 at all, even though it's not really in the place it should be), a not very good shield I knocked up, and is in an Ultrascenery Pacific Northwest environment on one of Andrey Prestriakov's HR2 stones. The earrings are V4 freebies from Rendo. 

Regards,

Richard

TriAx GV3 21 R03.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656

Well Richard, another lovely image. What fun to have GV3 in the newest clothing. Really adds a zing to the image.

edited August 20

Thank you DollyGirl, much appreciated. I will confess it's not the image I had wanted to get - originally the stone & character were on the other side of the path close to a stone bridge, but however I rotated the skydome, I couldn't find an angle at which the watcher was out of shadow. After 20+ trial renders (each taking 8-9 minutes before anything showed on the screen) I moved the stone & figure into the sun.

Now that I've re-discovered how to have sun-sky and additional lights I'll have another bash with the figure where I originally wanted her. To do it, you set the sun-sky up in the environmental settings, then chose 'Dome and Scene' as the lighting model and select 'None' for the HDRI. That seems to finess getting fill-in lights to work with a sun-sky lighting.

Regards,

Richard