The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children renders

Comments

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,025

richardandtracy said:

I do hope the little explanation on how to do it is useful.

Regards,

Richard

Very helpful. Thanks!smiley

Made a G3F clone and then spent a few hours trying all my G3F outfit on A3. It's not perfect but it gets you 80-90% there. Looking forward to doing a G8 one and trying out some dForce outfits. 

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,153
    edited October 2023

Hmm, I am having trouble with G8F sleeves and simulation. It doesn't seem to work well. However, conforming clothing works better. Having said that, I can't get clothing to follow character morphs at the moment - so the GV3 BreastSizeAA morph leads to a big gap between the chest & clothing as the standard character has a B Cup.

Nonetheless, it's amazing to have a wider range of clothes available.

The second attached file is unsimulated, the third is simulated & fits the arms less well.

Regards,

Richard

Triax GV3 01 R05.png
    333 x 600 - 301K
    Triax GV3 01 R08.png
    333 x 600 - 318K
    Triax GV3 01 R09.png
    333 x 600 - 318K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
    edited October 2023

A not so pretty test of A3 wearing a smatering of random G8F items.

A3 Autofit G8F test 01.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 313K
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited October 2023

Looks as if you need a smoothing modifier for the shoes, but otherwise it seems like a useful addition to the range of possibilities.Really good to see.

To get help with the non functional morphs, I asked a question in the Technical forum https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/653716/new-triax-character-wanting-to-get-clothing-to-move-with-character-morph#latest, and got an answer I'll have to think about from Bejaymac. It may be that we have gone close to as far as we can without serious levels of work. I am going to compare 'Nominally Parametric' joints with the ones currently showing on the TriAx GV3 before I start anew.

My experiments trying to activate the morphs yesterday managed to introduce some movements I hadn't intended and built them into the figure, and I can't pose them out easily. Lesson learnt, only ever fiddle with ERC freeze when ABSOLUTELY everything else about the character is zeroed.

Regards,

Richard.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,082

richardandtracy said:

But DS4.21 (not tried with earlier) converts the parametric characters to Triax Weight Mapping using menu option 'Edit| Figure| Rigging| Convert to Weight Mapping' and then select Triax Weight Mapping in the mini window that opens up.

From memory, that options has been available since the first version of DS4 which introduced TriAx rigging.

Ethin said:

What about converting other generations clothes to generation 3? Because I was told it couldn't be done 'cause generation 3 wasn't weight mapped.

Once a Generation 3 figure has been weight mapped and saved as a DS figure it can use autofit, and you could create clones to convert clothes made for the genesis line for example.

But the converted clothes will be weight mapped clothes intended for use with a weight mapped version of the figure, you're not converting the clothes into "regular" Generation 3 clothes you can then use on the original poser figure.

• I'm aware of this. I must admit that it seems remarkable to me that it's possible at all. Regards, Richard.
    edited October 2023

It appears all the shaping morphs within the character (eg for A3, the 'Realistic' morph) you need to go through and change the two green ringed parameters to the values below:

Then after saving & re-starting DS, the clothing auto follows.

Need to do it for every one that shapes the A3 character. And there are a lot!

Must Credit BeJayMac, Sven Dullah and DermoK3 for their help.

Regards,

Richard

Image 22.png
    302 x 476 - 23K
    edited October 2023

Think I've got it so the V3/A3/GV3/IV/M3/F3/H3?/GND2 character can morph safely between figure shapes. This means, I think, we have reached the point where a Generation 3 character now has most of the benefits of the Generation 7/8 characters (apart from the joint quality, but at least it's no worse than when the characters were first created). Obviously Generation 3 characters don't have the facial rigging bones of Generation 7, 8 or 9, and are more limited than those base figures, but at least Generation 3's range can be expanded and the chief frustration of limited clothing availability can be addressed.

The last pieces of the puzzle were importing a morph of the different Generation 3 character shapes (already available as Obj files for the clothing autofit clones), changing the rigging to suit that morph only, then freezing the change and saving the revised character. This procedure allows V3 to morph into A3 or M3, and probably could be used for Melody and Micah if they are only morph based changes to A3. Not having either Melody or Micah, I am unsure exactly how their shapes are generated.

The process (in words, no images) is as below, assuming a V3 morph is to be added to A3:

1. Open up Morph Loader Advanced using menu item Edit| Figure| Morph Loader Advanced... and select the V3 morph. Give the morph a different name from the autofit clone of V3, so something like 'A3 as V3' and press the 'Accept' button
    2. A new morph will appear in the parameters. Edit the parameter to give sensible limits, make sure the 'Type' is 'Modify/Shape' and check the 'Auto Follow' tickbox. Press the 'Accept' Button.
    3. Zero the figure using menu option Edit| Figure| Zero| Zero Figure
    4. While over the parameter slider, right click and select popup menu top option 'Edit Mode'. The look of the parameter sliders will change slightly. 
    5. Set the 'A3 as V3' parameter to 100%
    6. Now select menu item Edit| Figure| Rigging| Adjust Rigging to Shape 
    7. Go back to the parameter and right click, select popup menu 'ERC Freeze'
    8. Right click and select popup menu top option 'Edit Mode' to turn edit mode off.
    9. Now save your modified character with the V3 morph included as a library item in accordance with this post: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8377596/#Comment_8377596

Points 1 to 7 can be repeated as many times as necessary to add all the Unimesh character OBJ files that you want, and at the end always save it with point 9 after turning Parameter Edit Mode off. I will say that M3 shape wearing V3 high res texture looks distinctly unusual.

I think this set of instructions can now be frozen into a PDF tutorial so others can follow it.

Regards,

Richard

• David RDavid R Posts: 227

Thanks for the step-by-step!laugh

• Hope it's useful. If I can get myself organised to get the images I need, the full step-by-step should be less disjointed & bitty.

Regards,

Richard

• Thank you for your efforts and for sharing how you did it. Much appreciated.

edited October 2023

You're very kind sazzyazzca. But how could I not share when I have had so much help over the years? It's only fair to return the favour.

I used the version of V3 I had tweaked to sorta fit G8F, and then moved the pose to fit G3F, and saved to create a G3F autofit clone. Here is TriAx GV3 with Rhiannon G3F Crux Attitude clothing. There seems to be less distortion fitting G3F clothing, with the default T pose than with G8F clothing:

And now for something slightly disturbing - activating the M3 morph! Nothing else is changed.

I have to confess I am astonished at how and how much the shoes changed.

And a final one with the A3 morph activated.

Regards,

Richard.

Triax GV3 03 R01.png
    600 x 1080 - 986K
    Triax GV3 03 R02.png
    600 x 1080 - 993K
    Triax GV3 03 R03.png
    600 x 1080 - 984K
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,650

I would never have thought this one would be popular. But here she is:

Witchy Pooh

This is Roxanne from CDI. Dressed in bits of Traveler's free clothing and JaTex's skirt. She is wearing V4 shoes that have been converted to V2.

• Don't know how you do it. Looks fun and creepy at the same time.

Love it.

Regards,

Richard

Thank you Richard. I don't know either. I was the one to put her makeup on. Seems as though I am a bit heavy handed with the eye shadow and rouge. She is holding Dinoraul's Plantoid Barry. It was the monthly freebie at Rendo back in 2012. I have wanted to use him in a render for a long time.  What a great face for reflecting on the pending doom. 

• Definitely an extinction level event. Never, ever, underestimate the power of determination. wink

Great.

Regards,

Richard.

Mom, can I keep him? Please, please, pretty please?

• The 69 page PDF tutorial is now up here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/655676/tutorial-making-triax-figures-from-old-parametric-characters

Hope it proves to be useful.

Regards,

Richard

richardandtracy said:

Definitely an extinction level event. Never, ever, underestimate the power of determination. wink

Great.

Regards,

Richard.

Kentucky fried dodo.

Thanks!smiley

DollyGirl said:

Mom, can I keep him? Please, please, pretty please?

Home is still a ways off and it looks like it could be getting dark soon, who knows what could happen.wink

lol What if Dino drags her home and begs to keep her as a pet?

edited November 2023

Here is a V3 based TriAx Glamorous Vickie wearing G3F hair (Dragonfly Hair) and G8F clothing (mostly RPublishing and Rhiannon) with a Dragon Wraith nuzzling her leg to have its chin scratched. Every girl needs a dragon...

Fun!

There is a little problem with the autofit of the shoes, but they are high heel G8F shoes on a high heel character while using a flat footed autofit clone, so I was expecting some issues.

Regards,

Richard

Triax GV3 06 R05.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M

Victoria 2, Cybors Need Guardian Angels Too

• richardandtracy said:

Here is a V3 based TriAx Glamorous Vickie wearing G3F hair (Dragonfly Hair) and G8F clothing (mostly RPublishing and Rhiannon) with a Dragon Wraith nuzzling her leg to have its chin scratched. Every girl needs a dragon...

Fun!

There is a little problem with the autofit of the shoes, but they are high heel G8F shoes on a high heel character while using a flat footed autofit clone, so I was expecting some issues.

Regards,

Richard

A very cool image. I didn't recognize that this was V3. A nice job all around.

edited November 2023

Thank you.

Well, the character both is & isn't V3. It's actually Jim Burton's take on V3 'Glamorous Vicki' (effectively a morph of V3 even though there is a different CR2 file) then I have added Iray shaders and made the character into a TriAx character (no mesh changes) and added autofit clones and autofollow to the morphs as per my Aiko 3 tutorial in Freestuff. Eventually I would like to learn enough to be able to modify the weight maps for the joints and improve the elbow, thigh and knee bends in particular.

Regards,

Richard

edited November 2023

Still ridiculously happy about the way I can now use V4/G3F/G8F & other clothing on my GV3. The image below called 'Getting to know the neighbour' uses mostly G8F clothing, but with G3F hair and GV3 shoes on GV3 in Northern Terrace Street with 3djoji's Teuf-Teuf and Dry Jack's freebie Fiat 126 The neighbour is MST KC for Kala 8. 

While we lived in our last house down a street that looks like NTS, one of our neighbours looked like a rotund version of GV3 there. She always wore black leather, sunglasses and heavy metal tee shirts. Same with her boyfriend. She was a prison officer and he was a mental health charge nurse working in a 'Care in the community' house about 60 yards away. Great people. I had a bizzare conversation with the boyfriend once. He had followed a troubled patient onto the roof of the victorian house and was trying to distract them so they could be persuaded back down safely. Ended up with the patient, the boyfriend (both on the roof) & I on the ground having a discussion about the merits of concrete tiles versus slates as a roofing material and also how his puppy was healing after being visciously attacked by my thug of a cat (my avatar cat). At the end of it the patient was calm enough to be pursuaded to come back into the house.

Regards,

Richard

TriAx GV3 08 R01.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M

Nice work Richard. She looks really good.

edited November 2023

Thanks Dolly Girl, much appreciated.

I have just realised what's bugging me about the 2CV. The mirror bracket attached to the door is the wrong shape, should have a bracket going forward aft and a large screw.. I'll have to do something about it to match our Charleston's shape.

From that. you can probably tell, I enjoy the little car a lot to be able to notice that.

Regards,

Richard

edited November 2023

I'm almost having a 'Dartanbeck' level of fun with my TriAxed Glamorous Vicki 3. Just loving working with the character. Anyway, I dug out the Millenium Dragon this time and had her in a NVITWAS reminiscent pose. When you have a dragon & sword, you simply have to wield both as flamboyantly as you can. It's a rule...

The other rule is that all Vickies are entirely immune to the cold...

Regards,

Richard.

edited November 2023

Santa Comes to Visit Burtonville

This is Poser 4 Man. He has been transformed with a character freebie from Arduino. The little girl is pre-teen Victoria DAZ 3D, and the other two characters are by Traveler for RNDA's Cranksville Christmas. The room and furnishings are by Avros and were given as Christmas gifts at Dreamslayers many years ago, 2012 to be exact. The contest was what would Tim Burton do for a Christmas movie. Rendered in 3Delight. Little Vickie in wearing freebies.

Post edited by DollyGirl on