22nd BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ==Light and Colour==

Comments

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited August 2016

WOW, so far on the works submitted....extraordinary images, and Bryce techniques, too.

This one entitled...'Times that the fishermen like.'

Jay

WineBeach.jpg
    1157 x 573 - 449K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited August 2016

edited August 2016
    Jamahoney said:
    Sorry for repeated posts...don't know how it happened.
    Jamahoney said:
    Jay

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

@mtnmen : What a nice image, it really gives me the feeling the title is suggesting,

and thank you for your comment.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797

adbc, Horo, mtnmen: Many thanks. However, I have removed the render, because it was in the wrong place. Sorry for that.

Mtnmen: Very nice render. Wonderful use of the light.

@Jamahoney : great render, an original idea. 

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,288

mtnmen - indeed a quiet place. Very nice.

Jamahoney - great POV, just if i was reading the book - though I don't paint my fingernails.

Hansmar - I thought something went wrong, it seems the dino went astray.

edited August 2016

Horo: Yep, he was lost. But he found his place now!

Jamahoney: Very nice view. She'll get a nice colour, I think!

Post edited by Hansmar on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,179

Mtnmen - beautiful serene scene

Jay - cool idea and great Pov

edited August 2016
    •  

Ah, thank you AdBc, Horo, Hansmar and Mermaid...much appreciated your comments (I kinda like using models from DS in Bryce). And as I'm on that subject, my second entry entitled 'Curacao Sunset'. Bottle model is thanks to someone named Alexis Li in Archive3D , clouds from one of Davids HDRI Captured Volumetric Skies.

Jay

Curacao Sunset.jpg
    1000 x 499 - 652K

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

adbc, hansmar, horo, mermaid, thanks for the comments.. very much
    @jamahoney...really enjoy both of your images...  wine in the day... Curacao at sunset... What a life!

edited August 2016

Cheers, mtnmen wink ...the shadows on the sea from David's clouds in the curacao one were totally unexpected, so a bonus surprise for me personally.

Jay

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,217

mtnmen - your "Quiet Place to Think" reminds me of the Narcissus myth. Nicely done.
    Jamahoney "Times that the fishermen like" - what an interesting POV - nice idea. And your "Curacao Sunset" is wonderful, I love those sunset colours against the vivid blue.
    ... which makes me almost embarassed to post my second entry - if I'd seen Jamahoney's before I created it then I probably wouldn't have bothered!

edited August 2016

Entry #2 Sundowners

I was experimenting with the Sky Lab for this one. As you can see, it's just a simple scene: Bryce trees and wine glasses, primitive (table top) and terrain, with materials borrowed from High Resolution Terrains Set 4.
    No postwork (I could have done some to blur the background a bit as I haven't worked out DOF in Bryce yet, and maybe put a bit of foam round the islands in the distance...) but all I actually did was convert from the tif file format I saved to a jpeg for the forum - is there a way to save to higher-quality jpeg in Bryce? I saved as .jpg and got a teeny tiny file (30 KB I think) with very blocky clouds.

Light-and-Colour-02.jpg
    1024 x 512 - 404K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited August 2016

Cheers, MelanieL...and I fully understand your dilemma as to when to use a high-quality render as opposed to a low-quality one. Of course, render time is increased (quality, too), but there are so many options with the latter Render Options (small down-arrow right of main green globe render button). Personally, I hate changing the quality from 'Regular' to 'Premium', but, I suppose, a price has to be paid for the additional, increased render options available there. Of course, they aren't always necessary (yes, using the DOFand all that that entails...etc.,), but some renders I've seen here have been superb without....Brycers...at their best.

Love the silhouette in your palms...so exotic and evocative of an island, oasis-like scene.

Jay

@Jamahoney : Curaçao sunset : An outburst of light and colours, the reflection on the water is fantastic.

@MelanieL : Sundowners: Looks like a postcard from a holiday island where I certainly would like to be ! Nice work.

Jamahoney - beautiful Curacao Sunset, Jay, and great use of our Captured Volumetric Skies.

MelanieL - Sundowners is a nice render, I'd like to be there.

Thank you, Jamahoney, adbc and Horo.

I actually rendered that with Premium setting and the size it is (1024 x 512) - what I meant about the size is that after I rendered I did Save Image As... to a jpeg file to post to this forum, but was dismayed to find it was a tiny file with very bad compression. I then did (from the same render) Save Image As... to a tif file which I put through PS Elements to convert to jpeg and post here. I wondered if there were some way to persuade Bryce to Save Image As.... jpeg with less compression so it looked as good as the tiff or bmp file.

@Jamahoney: Wonderful curacao-scene. I love those colours.

@MelanieL: Another fine sunset. Nice light through the glasses.

Cheers, Horo on the Curacao work...and apologies also for omitting your name re: the Volumetric Clouds Set (I had them in a file called Brinnen on my comp.,, so that was assumption and my mistake. I also have a Horo file, too ;) ).

Thanks, Hasmar...I was thinking of the title Light and Colour.

Jay

Thank you, Hansmar

Oh, and I found my own answer to the jpeg size when I tried another render - I managed to totally overlook the drop-down list at the bottom of the save panel where you can select quality of jpeg - I had it set to lowest but at max it looks just fine. blush

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,179

Jay -  Beautiful curacao-scene. Love those colours.

Melaniel -  Peaceful scene, cool place for a holiday.

Many thanks, AdBc...and, I see, you picked up the cedilla on the second c in Curacao, oops, Curaçao...heh he.

Cheers,  Mermaid...I experimented with matching the sky colour to that of the drink, but it was too dark overall (a bit false-looking, too).

Jay

Thank you, mermaid

• vosvos Posts: 337

@ drachenlords -Bryce Pinball- Cool!wonderful modeling,love the  reflections .

@Fishtales-Catching the Lightand and , Rainbow Cruises - Wonderful sky   ,great colours and light.

@Hansmar-NIghthawks -Wonderful scene and light .

@Horo -Autumn Trees- Wonderful colourful autumn scene , love the  sky.

@Yellow Pen -the Guardian.Cool clouds,great image.

@adbc Deep Space Portal-A great portal,love the reflections.

@Fencepost52-Peaceful Chaos-   Happy bright colours ,beautiful abstract.

@mtnmen-A Quiet Place To Think-  A very quiet place ,it  has  a bit a sad feeling . 

@Jamahoney-'Times that the fishermen like.'- 'Curacao Sunset'.  Wonderful images,  my fav is  'Times that the fishermen like'.

@MelanieL-Sundowners- A nice place to sit and relax .great  place  for holidays.

Thanks, vos

edited August 2016

Cheers, and thanks MelanieL...always nice, and much appreciated for the feedback.

Best of luck with your own submission, and other submissions...awe, challenging, too.

Jay

Thank you vos.

Vos : thank you.