Downloaded content MIA?

First I just want to say, I love DAZ 3D. I finally have a 3d model I can use as a drawing reference. That being said, I have no interest in all the cool features this program has. I honestly am not too computer literate ( I use Adobe and that pretty much it), I have no knowledge with coding and such...so....

I downloaded the "Skeleton" for $9.95 to my IMac. I have an icon in my application folder called "ps_ch008_skeleton". I have no idea how to get this to work in DAZ 3D. After an hour or two, I'm giving up.

Please help. I will give you a high five.

Thanks guys

-i

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The file you downloaded is an archive (.zip) file containing an installer. Open the archive and run the installer. When asked for the path, you want to install to ...Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library
    It's an older installer, so make sure it doesn't tack an extra folder "Content" onto the end.
    You will find the skeleton in the Content Library tab under "Poser Formats > My Library > Figures"

If the file doesn't open or the OS says it is corrupt, send a PM to Kendall Sears and he can help you.

• edited December 1969

The file you downloaded is an archive (.zip) file containing an installer. Open the archive and run the installer. When asked for the path, you want to install to ...Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library
    It's an older installer, so make sure it doesn't tack an extra folder "Content" onto the end.
    You will find the skeleton in the Content Library tab under "Poser Formats > My Library > Figures"

If the file doesn't open or the OS says it is corrupt, send a PM to Kendall Sears and he can help you.

For some reason it's placed it under the "DAZ Studio Formats"/ "My Library" / "ps_choo8_Skeleton.app" (and won't let me highlight anything.....

:/

edited December 1969

You need to install the content outside of DAZ Studio.

• edited December 1969

I'm sorry. What do you mean by that?

edited December 1969

Okay, the file you're downloading is an application which installs the content into DAZ Studio. You run it as an application outside of DAZ Studio, and it installs the content files which DAZ Studio uses.

• edited December 1969

I think I understand. So I extracted the file to my applications. It say "ps_ch008_Skeleton". When I double click it the icon grows like something is happening , but then nothing does.

• edited December 1969

The icon is a box with an arrow facing a computer. If I go to package contents (right click), I see a folder that says Contents. Once I click that I see three things, Info.plist a folder that says MacOS and a Resources folder...

• edited December 1969

I'm going to delete it and re download...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,337
    edited December 1969

I suspect that that may be a very old item in which case it won't run on a modern Mac (one without the Classic environment). The question then becomes how long you are willing to wait - DAZ plans to replace all installers with simple zips, with an optional Install Manager to handle placing the files, and there are other options such as using the Windows installer on another system or under Wine and placing the files by hand. Alternatively you could ask for a refund. I would suggest opening a support ticket even if you are willing to wait for the zip version, in case it takes you past the 30 day limit for refunds.

• edited December 1969

The truth comes out!

Like I said before, I'm not a huge tech head.....I can usually do simple things like install updates and extra content..... I think I'll contact them for a refund. I saw what looks to be a newer "skeleton" for $29.95, maybe I'll get that if I can actually use it....

Thanks for the advice.

• edited December 1969

So, I got a "fix" via email....it didn't work and I haven't heard back...super pumped....

I'd really like to get this working...

or

I'll gladly pay more for an updated "new" version as long as it works.

or

I'll gladly take my money back.

I really prefer the first option. But this process is taking entirely way too long, and I'm really disappointed.