Daz Install Manager Question

Hello,   I just purchased Bryce while it was on sale and look forward to getting familure with the software.  My question is:   The DIM wants to know where Byrce is located.   Where do I piont the Manager to????      My Choices seem to be:  Bryce 7,     Bryce 7/Data,  Bryce 7/Docs, Bryce 7/Plugins, or Bryce 7/presets      ?????????

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Have you installed Bryce?

We do not actually recomment people to install Bryce using DIM.  

Bryce 7 pro iteself, and the Content that come with Bryce 7 pro comes as .exe  installers and as such needs to be downloaded manually and installed using the .exe installers.  Once Bryce 7 Pro is installed it will be easier to direct any extra content you buy towards the path the the exe has created.

• I did not use the Install manager to install the program but there were several items that the install manager had been waiting for that had    xxxx.br tags and they wanted to know where bryce was.  I assume they were some sort of add on items for something I already own.      My question is still:  DIM wants to know where to install.   

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Try Horo's advice instead,      https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf

• Chohole said:

Try Horo's advice instead,      https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf

So no one knows which of the four chaoices is correct?????  

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,288

Wherever Bryce is installed, there is a sub-folder Presets and below it several others, like the document Chohol pointed to describes. The Install Manager is of no great use because you have a lot of freedom where you want your stuff, you can even set-up your own folders.

- Bryce7 is the main folder holding the program and nothing else except sub-folders.

- Bryce7/data contains support files for Bryce itself, no content goes there.

- Bryce7/Docs contains documents that came with Bryce, you can add docs you get from the product(s) you purchase(d). These docs can be anywhere where you find them, even on a memory stick.

- Bryce7/Plugins again contains support files for Bryce itself.

- Bryce7/Presets - that's the folder most purchased stuff belongs to. But there are sub-folders and within the subfolders are again sub-folders and you can create your own. DIM was made for Daz Studio content, not for Bryce, Carrara or Hexagon content.

If you purchase stuff, download the ZIP file and unpack it to a temporary folder with retaining the folder structure. There are usually instructions where the stuff belongs to. Just copy the files into the appropriate folder.

If you download with DIM, point DIM to a temporary folder and then proceed like for a ZIP file

• Thank You Horo......    I will use the Presets folder.   I appreciate you taking the time to answer me.   

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,288

You're welcome, Hope it helps, else just ask.