Daz 4.9 crashing every time search is made...

I've been having this issue ever since I updated Daz 4.9. Every time I search for anything in the content search, Daz crashes saying there was a fatal error. I really need the ability to search as I can't seem to find a lot of the products by looking through the folders. For example, I purchased the Creature Feature a while ago and I have absolutely no idea where the bovine legs are under or where the horns are ect. As I look through the different folders in the content area, I can find the skin/fur/scales but the legs, tails, and horns are a no go. If anyone could give me a link to a fix, or tell me where to find these things, I'd appreciate it. Maybe I am over-looking it or something but I'm pretty sure I've opened up all of the areas in the content area.

Comments

• Which pane are you searching in? Is the Content Management Service working correctly?

The add-ons, if you mean the Creature Creator Accessories, are in the \People\Figure\Anatomy folder I think - probably there if it's another set too.

• yi49_ca6c90f36eyi49_ca6c90f36e Posts: 4
    edited June 2016

I looked through everything I could see in the Figures area but the only thing I could find was the skin/fur/scales... And with that,  I couldn't find the tails hooves or horns. I think there's an issue with the content area of the Daz but I'm not sure what. It happened after that update. Might be tied in with that whole crashing when trying to search content thing?

Daz Issues.jpg
    683 x 338 - 91K
    Post edited by yi49_ca6c90f36e on
  • Exactly which product is it you are looking for the content from?

• yi49_ca6c90f36eyi49_ca6c90f36e Posts: 4
    edited June 2016

The product is: http://www.daz3d.com/creature-creator-add-ons-for-genesis-2-female-s

I am looking for the following:

Tail Creature
    Horn Base
    Ears Feline
    Legs Bovine
    Legs Equine
    Legs Feline

I have the Creature Creator HD and the Creature Creator Add-ons, and have used those items before when I was able to use the search without Daz crashing.

Post edited by yi49_ca6c90f36e on
  • Look in the Content Library pane, assuming you installed with DIM, under DAZ Studio Formats/My Daz 3D Library/People/Genesis 2 Female/Anatomy/Creature Creator/ (where My Daz 3D Library would be the content directory you installed to). if you used Daz Connect to install and are running DS 4.9.2.70 look under DAZ Studio Formats/Daz Connect/People/Genesis 2 Female/Anatomy/Creature Creator/

• Thanks, much appreciated.

• Hi all 

Great that yi49 found his products but I notice the original search-crash issue wasn't fixed. I'm having it too, since updating to DAZ 4.9 yesterday. Can anyone help? Is this a known bug and is there a fix? 

• Which pane are you searching in? Is the Content Management Service working correctly?

• edited November 2020

Hi, i had a same problem (crash DAZ when i try search in Content Library) plus message "A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be established" . I found this: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/276131/a-valid-postgresql-cms-connection-could-not-be-established

I installed DAZPostgresqlCMS_9.3.4.exe (reinstalled) from here https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_18869. I have a message "A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be established" still (i don't mind it) but my search work now without crash.  I don't use Smart Content and Install manager. I use DAZ3D 4.10.0.123 now

Sorry for my english. ;-)

Post edited by lukas.zbraslav_9fd23ab99e on
  • What security software do you use?