Bryce Pro & B7PTrue3DRendering

I can launch Bryce Pro. I have located the B7PTrue3DRendering in two places - G:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Bryce7\Content\Bryce_7 Pro\Presets\Content\David Brinnen and Horo\B7PTrue3DRendering        
                                                                                                                   - G:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Bryce7\Presets\Content\David Brinnen and Horo\B7PTrue3DRendering

I do not know how to access/use the asset. There is no exe. I can't see a way to use it from within Bryce Pro. I have asked for tech assistance but received no reply. Help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136

If you can locate the downloaded content then that's a good thing.  There should be of a folder of "video tutorials and docs" that offers guidence on the use of the objects supplied, so I whould suggest looking to those first.  The short answer though is that the 3D rendering props are a series of objects that have to be placed in the object library to be accessed from within Bryce.  Due to the advanced nature of this product though, it is not really something you can expect to use without reference to the videos and documents.

This is a very good document to read if you are not familiar with the placement of the various assessts within Bryce https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf

There is no "installation" as such, being Bryce, as ever things have to be done the "Bryce way".  Part of the charm of Bryce but also, a bit of a hurdle to overcome.

Let us know if this helps.

• Thanks for responding but your advice re Videos and Documents didn't help as the content assumes that you are in Bryce and able to use the True3DRendering. I need more specific instructions on what content I need to put where and how to access it.

I am extremely frustrated. How does one get a refund?

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,288

jucarbi_f97ef0eb19 - sorry to have you frustrated. I haven't packed the set so I don't exactly know what is in which folder. The important thing is to put the objects (the lenses) in the objects folder, the rest can be wherever you want it.

There should be either one or several files with the OBP extension in one of the folders. If there is one object, it can be copied directly to the correct place, if there are several (6) these can also be just copied but added to a library would be the better idea. 

Find drive and folder where your Bryce is installed. There are several sub-folders. Find and open "Presets". Within this Presets folder are again several sub-folders. Locate and open "Objects". Within the Objects folder, there are again sub-folders. You can also create a new one. Here, into this folder, you copy the OBP file.

If there are several OBP files, it would probably be the better way to add them into a library. How can you do this?

Start Bryce. Click on the arrow right of Create on top to open the Objects Library. At left is a list of libraries and at right small thumbnails of objects in the library selected at left. At the bottom on the grey border at left there is a down arrow right of Installed at the bottom left. Click on the arrow to open a drop down with all sub-folders you can select. Find one that makes sense to you (e.g. open User).

Find a library on the left you think is appropriate - or click on the Plus (+) sign and create a new empty library. Now click on Import, this opens Open dialog of the operating system and lets you navigate to the OBP files. Import all OBP files in this way. Now they are available in Bryce.

Now you can use the lens systems. Open the Objects Library by clicking on the arrow right of Create in the main GUI, select the folder from the drop down list at right in the grey bar, then the library you created from the list at left, then click on a thumbnail to select a lens. In the text field above is the name of the selected object and a very short description how to use it. Once the desired one is selected, click on the check mark at the lower right corner of the Objects library window.

If that all does not help you get going, send me an email and I can help you further. Click on Website below the banner at the foot of this comment and on top of the page there is a link "eMail". 

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 496

Don't give up yet, jucarbi_f97ef0eb19!  Horo and David will be able to get you on track and you'll be glad you kept the product.  I have and use it regularly with great success.  Welcome to the forums.  Hope to see your work.

Art