Slow down there, mouse!

I guess it's a humblebrag that my new system I've had to build since my old one went south apparently has such good graphics capablilty that when I go to rotate around an object in Daz studio, it goes twirling at breakneck speed.  When I zoom in or out, I go flying away and cant find the object afterwards.

This is, unfortunately, actually a problem, as I can't navigate around my scenes at all or set them up.  Are there settings for mouse sensitivity in Daz Studio?  I haven't found any so far.

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

There should be mouse sensitivity settings in windows options (assuming you are using windows)

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

A lot of mice have ways to set the resolution, as well. Higher resolution, faster cursor movement. I just bought a vertical mouse which has a button to set it on the fly, so to speak. I'm never going back to regular mice!

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241
    edited May 2016

The mouse is fine in all other applications, nor does it zing across the screen at breakneck speed going up ot the "edit" menu and whatnot, but when I try to orbit around an item in the viewport or zoom in and out, etc., then the object in the viewport spins around or zooms in and out like crazy.

I'm wondering if it's some sort of OpenGL problem or something like that at this point.

Post edited by twalling on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

Does it behave normally if you do those actions without the mouse, e.g. using the WASD keys?

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241

Hey Fixmypcmike,

That was a great question!  I didn't even know you could use those keys in Daz Studio.  The answer is YES, it does behave normally when you use the WASD (and JIKL) keys, but it goes crazy when I use a mouse.

I don't know what the solution is, but I feel like I'm a step closer to it with this.  Any ideas?

• PJ3DPJ3D Posts: 33

Any luck on this issue?  I have the same problem.  Mouse is fine in all applications including Blender but super sensitive and unusable in DAZ.  WASD key work fine....

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

I currently (with DS4.11) don't have this problem with my vertical Evoluent mouse or my Wacom pen, however I have had this problem in the past. You probably already have checked that you are using the latest mouse driver, but if not then that is a good place to start. No guarantee that will work however! I do think that DS sometimes has problems communicating with some input devices; this is only my opinion of course. I do still have problems with DS correctly interpreting all my Wacom pen signals. Of course, this may be partly due to Windows and Wacom but that doesn't change the irritation factor. If you do find a specific action that solves the problem, please do let us know for future reference. Good luck. 

• Dolce SaitoDolce Saito Posts: 160

I know this was an old question, but I solved mine. For me, I confirmed it is something to do with high-dpi compatibility. I solved it by switching to %100 scale in windows display settings instead of %150 recommended for my secondary monitor. The higher the scale I use, the crazier the mouse movement is. Mouse behaves normally in all other applications. Only goes crazy in viewport of daz.

I have two monitors, one is %100 recommended scale 1920x1200 16:10 monitor. Second one is %150 recommended scale 5120x2160 21:9 monitor. My daz workspace is divided across both. When this bug exists, if I move my viewport from second monitor (%150 scaled one) to primary monitor (%100 scaled one), then mouse starts behaving normally again.

So, the solution is: either use %100 scale on your monitor where your viewport (or aux viewport) is; or move your viewport to a %100 scaled monitor if you have one for workaround.

For windows 10, the settings relies under desktop right click -> Display settings -> Select your affected monitor from the top first (1-2-3... if you have more than one) ->Under "Scale and Layout"  -> Change to %100 for that monitor.

I hope this helps.

• EManglEMangl Posts: 30

felix_nukem said:

I know this was an old question, but I solved mine. For me, I confirmed it is something to do with high-dpi compatibility. I solved it by switching to %100 scale in windows display settings instead of %150 recommended for my secondary monitor. The higher the scale I use, the crazier the mouse movement is. Mouse behaves normally in all other applications. Only goes crazy in viewport of daz.

I have two monitors, one is %100 recommended scale 1920x1200 16:10 monitor. Second one is %150 recommended scale 5120x2160 21:9 monitor. My daz workspace is divided across both. When this bug exists, if I move my viewport from second monitor (%150 scaled one) to primary monitor (%100 scaled one), then mouse starts behaving normally again.

So, the solution is: either use %100 scale on your monitor where your viewport (or aux viewport) is; or move your viewport to a %100 scaled monitor if you have one for workaround.

For windows 10, the settings relies under desktop right click -> Display settings -> Select your affected monitor from the top first (1-2-3... if you have more than one) ->Under "Scale and Layout"  -> Change to %100 for that monitor.

I hope this helps.

had this problem too: no need to switch to 100%, just make sure both monitors use same resolution