Bryce to DS bridge

Does the bridge work at all to send items from Bryce 7.1 to DS 4.9? I set up my new computer with the latest version of DS 4.9 and Bryce 7.1. I can send items form DS 4.9 to Bryce but I can't send them the other way (from Bryce to DS) When I try to use the bridge (or file > send to DS) I get a dialog box to chose the versin of DS but NO versions are shown to choose from. If I try to send anyway (by selecting the check) I get a message 'Error in opening DAZ Studio'

What am I do doing wrong or is the bridge just broken and we can no longer send to DS?

Thanks,

Charlie

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Try reinstalling DS -- it seems that Bryce needs to be installed first.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,507

Thanks, Mike  With some trepidation I had DIM uninstall DS then redownloaded and reinstalled. But it didn't fix the problem

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,507
    edited May 2016

Sorry, I didn't see the other thread (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/86396/link-from-bryce-to-dazstudio-not-working#latest) on this problem when I posted. Please feel free to merge this thread with it

Update: Following the idea expressed in  the other thread I tried manually installing DAZ Studio. Now the briddge will open the opposing program but it is still pretty much unuseable because Bryce either hangs or crashes much of the time when transferring.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Does everything give you the hang/crash, or only certain things?  Bryce is pretty limited in memory, so if you try to transfer something that makes it run out that could be the problem.  You might want to try a small test, like just a primitive or single item to see if that works.  If that is the issue you might be able to cram more into it by doing it in pieces, restarting to clear any memory used by undo, reducing texture sizes or eliminating unneeded materials prior to transfer, etc.

Some people also do an object export and import rather than using the bridge.  Although I forget why, you could try that and see if it makes a difference.

Also although I don't recall the details, there either is or was something where the Bryce screen didn't refresh when the transfer was complete so I spent a lot of time sitting and staring at it in the past before I realized it had actually completed the transfer much earlier.