Link from Bryce to DazStudio not working

I just installed all content again fresh, before My Bryce would link to DazStudio no Problem, BUT now for some reason is not working anymore, Works from DazStudio to Bryce but not the other way.

While on Bryce, I click on the DazStudio icon and now a window pops up asking me to choose what version of Daz I want to use, the window title says "Studio Bridge" below says, "Choose the version of DazStudio to run" and below there is a pulldown bar that says "Choose studio" I click on it and nothing happens. So now I can not start a session in Bryce and then bridge to Daz to get a Character. However I can start in Studio, prepare a character then click on  /File/Send to Bryce and works.

The only reason I like it to work is because I have lots of scenes I have made in Bryce and would like to open them, link to Daz and Bring anything I want into the scene, as it is right now, I can start in Daz but it will only send the prepared content to Bryce in a New Document, I know I can "merge" once in Bryce any other existing Bryce scene, but it will not merge all cameras and lights and stuff.

Any idea if this can be fixed?

Thanks

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

This isn't really an answer, but, as a workaround until you get a fix:

I think you could simply start in DS by sending something basic like a cube to Bryce to establish a working link.  Then just like you normally would, open your Bryce scene (discarding the scene with the cube), then open your DAZ Studio scene and send whatever you need over.

As for the actual problem, it's been a while but when you are given an option to choose your DS version it was because you had multiple versions installed.  I forget if it was 2 different version numbers, a beta and a non-beta, a 32-bit and a 64-bit, or what.  However, whatever the versions were should have been listed.  Are you seeing no versions at all?  Do you have more than one version of DS installed (if so, are you using both, and if not, can you uninstall the unused one and will that help?)

• sriesch said:

This isn't really an answer, but, as a workaround until you get a fix:

I think you could simply start in DS by sending something basic like a cube to Bryce to establish a working link.  Then just like you normally would, open your Bryce scene (discarding the scene with the cube), then open your DAZ Studio scene and send whatever you need over.

As for the actual problem, it's been a while but when you are given an option to choose your DS version it was because you had multiple versions installed.  I forget if it was 2 different version numbers, a beta and a non-beta, a 32-bit and a 64-bit, or what.  However, whatever the versions were should have been listed.  Are you seeing no versions at all?  Do you have more than one version of DS installed (if so, are you using both, and if not, can you uninstall the unused one and will that help?)

Thanks I found out that the cause is Installing DazStudio first then Bryce, The solution is to Install Bryce first then Install DazStudio. What I did was re-install DazStudio on top of the existing one and now the link is working. So it is just a matter of what is installed first. Looks like you MUST install Bryce first then DazStudio.

Thanks

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943