Unusual ideas - Bryce, DAZ and Element 3D

Hello everyone,

since Bryce does what i was after even if my other ideas won't be possible i decided to grab it from the store.

To my other ideas - i play around with After Effects and plugins like the Trapcode Suite and Element 3D.

In the past i already successfully imported a interior model from DAZ 3D Studio to AE and Element 3D. As a next step i would want to try to create a terrain with texture to DAZ and from there further to Element.

If that can't be done i could always render with Bryce and combine it afterwards. But the process should be easier (and more custom to me) in E3d.

So... first - did anyone tried that before?

And second - i want to recreate the landscape from Star Wars 7 as good as i can manage it (examples attached). I already watched the basic tutorials and i think at least that it is possible.

What do you guys think?

Kind regards

Dave

Wide.PNG
1200 x 488 - 401K
Above.PNG
1188 x 515 - 575K

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797

Can't help you with things like After Effects and Element 3D. Howeer, I am quite sure that a reasonable Brycer would be able to more or less recreate the landscape you are showing. You can do it yourself, I am certain. You just need to learn how to create the heightmap to your liking, which can be done in any drawing/painting program, and then import the heightmap as the basis for the terrain. Must be tutorials by David Brinnen on this issue. See the forum for many examples of all kinds of terrains.

• I already watched a bunch of his tutorials. I think i should be able to create something like that after a time of trial and error.
    I don't have the claim to match the scenes perfectly.

What surprised me is that not too many people seem to take this road from Bryce to Element. 

At least on paper this is a wonderful way to generate interesting object files you need in E3D. But i guess i will find the problems on the way. :)