Using 3Delight with DAZ 4

HeraHera Posts: 1,952
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hello!
I'm running DAZ 4 pro - version 4.0.3.47. and today I just downloaded the 3Delight to run an external rendering.

From http://www.3delight.com/en/index.php?page=3DSP_download, which downloads the
3Delight Studio Pro version 10.0.4.
I downloaded the win 64 bit version since that's what I'm running on. Installed it and started to run it.

But it refuses to run anything, I just get a long list of similar error messages

3DL WARNING: [C:\LINDA\Arbetskataloger\Art\creepy2_collected\creepy2.rib:2697571
]: Skipping to next valid RIB token...
3DL ERROR: [C:\LINDA\Arbetskataloger\Art\creepy2_collected\creepy2.rib:2697572]:
Invalid id: nan
3DL WARNING: [C:\LINDA\Arbetskataloger\Art\creepy2_collected\creepy2.rib:2697572
]: Skipping to next valid RIB token...

I test a simpler image and get these errors
C:\Program Files\3Delight\bin>renderdl D:\Arbetskataloger\Art\dazbilder\resultat
\test_collected\test.rib
# Rendering D:\Arbetskataloger\Art\dazbilder\resultat\test_collected\test.rib ..
3DL ERROR P1029: cannot find display driver 'tiff'
3DL ERROR S2103: recompilation of shader 'D:\Arbetskataloger\Art\dazbilder\resul
tat\test_collected/background.sdl' failed with code 256
3DL ERROR S2068: shader 'D:\Arbetskataloger\Art\dazbilder\resultat\test_collecte
d/background.sdl' uses a different interface version: please recompile
3DL ERROR S2051: cannot load shader 'background', will use 'null'
3DL ERROR S2050: cannot find shader 'defaultsurface', will use 'null'
3DL ERROR S2103: recompilation of shader 'D:\Arbetskataloger\Art\dazbilder\resul
tat\test_collected/distantlight.sdl' failed with code 256
3DL ERROR S2068: shader 'D:\Arbetskataloger\Art\dazbilder\resultat\test_collecte
d/distantlight.sdl' uses a different interface version: please recompile
3DL ERROR S2051: cannot load shader 'distantlight', will use 'spotlight'
3DL ERROR S2050: cannot find shader 'spotlight', will use 'null'
tat\test_collected/dzplastic.sdl' failed with code 256
d/dzplastic.sdl' uses a different interface version: please recompile
3DL ERROR S2051: cannot load shader 'dzplastic', will use 'defaultsurface'

And then I get no output.

I make a test in daz3 also but it does not work. Same problem: long list of error messages, no result

Now, am I using the wrong RIB engine? And if so, where do I find the correct one?

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

You need to search for the version 9 stand alone renderer.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited May 2012

Hi!

Found and downloaded the version 9 - and still gettting the same problems.

Oh, it does render now, but it seems to be unable to use any textures. All the textured areas comes off white and I get this error message all the time:

3DL WARNING: [D:/Arbetskataloger/Art/dazbilder/resultat/creepy2_collected/creepy
    2.rib:2697169]: Skipping to next valid RIB token...
    3DL ERROR: [D:/Arbetskataloger/Art/dazbilder/resultat/creepy2_collected/creepy2.
    rib:2697566]: Invalid id: nan
    3DL WARNING: [D:/Arbetskataloger/Art/dazbilder/resultat/creepy2_collected/creepy
    2.rib:2697566]: Skipping to next valid RIB token...
    3DL ERROR: [D:/Arbetskataloger/Art/dazbilder/resultat/creepy2_collected/creepy2.
    rib:2697567]: Invalid id: nan

And finally these errors
    3DL ERROR P1104: [D:/Arbetskataloger/Art/dazbilder/resultat/creepy2_collected/cr
    eepy2.rib:2700805]: array of 'vector's has wrong size, expected 280188 'vector'(
    s), but given 274695
    3DL ERROR S2068: shader 'D:/Arbetskataloger/Art/dazbilder/resultat/creepy2_colle
    cted/dzmetal.sdl' uses a different interface version: please recompile
    3DL ERROR S2051: cannot load shader 'dzmetal', will use 'defaultsurface'

Post edited by Hera on
  • jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited May 2012

Are you using 3delight version 9.0.123? This is the version needed for DS4. If you can get into the forums at 3delight, here is the link:

http://www.3delight.com/en/modules/PunBB/viewtopic.php?id=3171

Post edited by jaebea on
  • MrWizard1024MrWizard1024 Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

Herakleia said:
    Hi!

Found and downloaded the version 9 - and still gettting the same problems.

Oh, it does render now, but it seems to be unable to use any textures. All the textured areas comes off white and I get this error message all the time:

2.rib:2697169]: Skipping to next valid RIB token...
    rib:2697566]: Invalid id: nan
    2.rib:2697566]: Skipping to next valid RIB token...
    rib:2697567]: Invalid id: nan

And finally these errors
    3DL ERROR P1104: [D:/Arbetskataloger/Art/dazbilder/resultat/creepy2_collected/cr
    eepy2.rib:2700805]: array of 'vector's has wrong size, expected 280188 'vector'(
    s), but given 274695
    3DL ERROR S2068: shader 'D:/Arbetskataloger/Art/dazbilder/resultat/creepy2_colle
    cted/dzmetal.sdl' uses a different interface version: please recompile
    3DL ERROR S2051: cannot load shader 'dzmetal', will use 'defaultsurface'

I found I had a file with the name image.rib in the enclosing folder with a file size of 0, and a file with the same name outside the enclosing folder that was many megabytes. So I moved the large file into the folder in place of the file with size zero. Sometimes this worked, sometimes it did not. Not sure why.

MrWizard1024

• MrWizard1024MrWizard1024 Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

I found I had a file with the name image.rib in the enclosing folder with a file size of 0, and a file with the same name outside the enclosing folder that was many megabytes. So I moved the large file into the folder in place of the file with size zero. Sometimes this worked, sometimes it did not. Not sure why.

MrWizard1024

I further note that sometimes the same render will generate error messages indicating it can't find a .tdl file, when in fact the .tdl file is in the "_collected" folder right where it should be. So either DAZ Studio didn't track the correct location when it built the image.rib file or else 3Delight is looking in the wrong place.

Tonight, for example, when I ran a render that failed this morning, everything started out just fine -- warnings but no errors. Is the fauit in DAZ Studio 4 Pro? Or 3Delight 10?

MrWizard1025