Empty Morphs in V4.2 Driving me nuts

Okay, I've been using Poser and Daz|Studio a while now, mostly on a mac and recently switched to a PC on a temporary basis.
I have a problem, it occurs in both DS and Poser Pro 2012, the V4.2 morphs categorys dials are all empty, I can insert community character morphs, but I have no dials for V4.2.

I have installed into a new runtime, same problem.
I re-initalised V4, same problem
I have reset my downloads, downloaded a new V4.2 and Morphs++ and same problem.

In DS, the morphs just dont appear, in Poser Pro the headings appear (Mophs++/ Full Body, Upper Torso, etc..) but no dials.

In desperation I removed runtime\libraries\!Daz and runtime\libraries\character (Keeping Aiko, but removing Victoria base and 4.2)
Same issue.

Has anyone else had this? or can suggest a path forward?, I'm asking here instead of smith Micro simply because the same problem occurs in DS in a poser runtime, so it seems it must be a V4.2 cr2 problem?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054
    edited December 1969

try loading Morphs++ on the figure from the pose folder and save a new cr2 called V4 M++
    my default figures load into Poser and Carrara without morphs too
    (studio has powerloader)
    but I just created M++ versions I use instead
    (actually they have EVERY morph set I own on them)

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

Most of V4's morph channels are meant to be empty when you load her, you have to INJect the morphs from the Pose library before the channels will show up.

• edited December 1969

I can't even find the morph ++ inj's. I have just loaded them into DS4.5 using the default loader and in the Pose file only have the stuff that was there with the v4.2 base and nothing else. Trying to load character morphs that require M++ also fails to find them. Where are they? I have reinstalled twice and can find nothing in either the character or pose folder that was not part of v4.2.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Did you run the file to initialise the Morphs++ when asked by the installer?
    Did you install Morphs++ into the same Runtime folder as V4?

If so, you should find the morph INJ for Morphs ++ in My Library\Runtime\libraries\Pose\DAZ's Victoria 4\Morph Injections, assuming taht you installed into the default My Library folder.

• edited December 1969

I ran the installer as default, initialising when asked and going into the default "Library"

The content seems to have gone into an "!Daz" folder, which is in a separate "Runtime" in "Content" (I am on Mac so the file structure may be different). As there does not seem to be anything else in here shall I delete this folder so only one "Runtime" exists?

• edited December 1969

GOT IT; Idiot me. I just had to change the target on the installer.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

siluria said:
    I ran the installer as default, initialising when asked and going into the default "Library"

The content seems to have gone into an "!Daz" folder, which is in a separate "Runtime" in "Content" (I am on Mac so the file structure may be different). As there does not seem to be anything else in here shall I delete this folder so only one "Runtime" exists?

There should not be a folder called 'content' in the My Library folder at all. If there is one, then that is your problem. My Library (DS4) is the new default name for the Content (DS3) folder

Since you are on a Mac, I don't know if you can 'merge' folders or not? If you can, you would need to move everything out of the folder called 'content', and move it up one level to the My Library folder to merge with what is already there. It would be better to uninstall Morphs++, and reinstall into the correct My Library folder if you can.

If you cannot uninstall Morphs++, then if Morphs++ is the only thing inisde the Content folder, you could try removing it to somewhere safe, and try reinstalling to the correct folder.