SimTenero Particle Physics [Commercial]

Comments

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,915

I tried what you suggested, but the result is always the same, the particles seems to just ignore the model... It looks like they don't like high polys models...

• VenerisVeneris Posts: 115

SimTenero Particle Physics works with Octane Render for DAZ Studio?

• I don't see why it wouldn't: the particles are actually generated (not instances) and each of them has its own material zone. Just run the simulation in Studio and pass it on to Octane.
  • Imago said:

I tried what you suggested, but the result is always the same, the particles seems to just ignore the model... It looks like they don't like high polys models...

Are you using 4.9 or 4.8? I've been using it with 4.8, and it bounces of G2F from a close distance more often than not, though I do get some pass-through, mostly around the center of the torso. I'll try the FPS increase workaround, and see how it goes.

However, 4.8 won't do an Iray render. It crashes to desktop just as it writes to the canvas. This is with both still and animation. It works with other scenes and the same figure, but not with the spawned particles in the scene.

It renders a 3Delight scene just fine, though, but I prefer Iray.

edited April 2016

I'm on 4.9.

I made some experiment by myself and it looks like that the particles tends to pass over the surfaces when there are edges or vertices near to the impact zone.

I tried with a solid cube at high speed (5), every particle hits the surface, no one passes.
    Then I tried with a char at speed 5, 90% of particles passes. This hapens even with speed 1!
    At this point I created a low poly full suit for Genesis, put it on and tried again using the suit as "target" (It has about the 20% of Genesis base polys but it has a good number of vertices and edges). 90% of particles passes. Various speeds tested, all not working.
    I even tried to put a cube inside (Parented to the chest) the char and used both as colliders... 90% of particles passes and ALL the particles that passed over char's surface completely ignored the inner cube!

As I can see, when the particles hits an edge or a vertice the collision doesn't work anymore!

I'll wait for an update to start using it ...

Post edited by Imago on
  • simtenerosimtenero Posts: 383
    Imago said:

I'm on 4.9.

I made some experiment by myself and it looks like that the particles tends to pass over the surfaces when there are edges or vertices near to the impact zone.

I tried with a solid cube at high speed (5), every particle hits the surface, no one passes.
    Then I tried with a char at speed 5, 90% of particles passes. This hapens even with speed 1!
    At this point I created a low poly full suit for Genesis, put it on and tried again using the suit as "target" (It has about the 20% of Genesis base polys but it has a good number of vertices and edges). 90% of particles passes. Various speeds tested, all not working.
    I even tried to put a cube inside (Parented to the chest) the char and used both as colliders... 90% of particles passes and ALL the particles that passed over char's surface completely ignored the inner cube!

As I can see, when the particles hits an edge or a vertice the collision doesn't work anymore!

I'll wait for an update to start using it ...

What is your max collision setting?  When max collisions are reached, particles will stop colliding, so be sure to set that to a higher value.  I've retested all of the situations you've described, but unfortunately, I'm not seeing the issue.  Can you screen cap your settings maybe?  Polygon complexity affects simulation speed, but not accuracy, the situations you've described definitely work, so there's something going on I'd like to help you identify.

Ah, yes! I forgot to say I put 20 at max collision... I posted the setup of when this happens more often!

Setup_1.jpg
    255 x 588 - 79K
    Setup_2.jpg
    260 x 591 - 85K
    Setup_3.jpg
    260 x 596 - 90K
    Uthgard said:
    I don't see why it wouldn't: the particles are actually generated (not instances) and each of them has its own material zone. Just run the simulation in Studio and pass it on to Octane.

I tried and Octane Render for DAZ Studio don't work for SimTenero Particle Physics. I lost my money.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,896

Unless you bought it more than a month ago, you can return it and get your money back.

Contact customer support (Click Help up at the top)

• eheiehbruno@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 842
    edited May 2016

I am really sorry about that but, as William pointed out, you can ask for a refund. Still, as the particles are objects and you can use your own shaders, why is it that it doesn't work? Have you run the simulation and choosen the frames you wanted to render? I am sure technichal support can also help you in that regard in case you want to keep trying.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    Veneris said:
    Uthgard said:
    I don't see why it wouldn't: the particles are actually generated (not instances) and each of them has its own material zone. Just run the simulation in Studio and pass it on to Octane.

I tried and Octane Render for DAZ Studio don't work for SimTenero Particle Physics. I lost my money.

I had bought this to try it out, and I had no toruble using it in octane, so not sure what would be wrong on your end.

edited May 2016

I've tried it and the "plugin" render properly only a few frames, after that freezes and render the same frame again and again before finishing.

In other attempts at the "Viewport" Animation not appear particles but continues to advance the timeline. I had to create a new camera into the same site of the previous camera and the particles appear in the "Viewport" to generate the animation.

http://imgbox.com/6968H41G

http://imgbox.com/PNDDY309

http://imgbox.com/vXSVh3n7

Post edited by Veneris on
    Veneris said:
    Uthgard said:

I'm sorry to hear ytou're having troubles rendering the particles on Octane :-(  As others have pointed out, please feel free to avail yourself of the refund policy, but I'm more than happy to assist if there's anything I can do :-)

Veneris said:

I've tried it and the "plugin" render properly only a few frames, after that freezes and render the same frame again and again before finishing.

In other attempts at the "Viewport" Animation not appear particles but continues to advance the timeline. I had to create a new camera into the same site of the previous camera and the particles appear in the "Viewport" to generate the animation.

I'm very sorry to hear it's freezing on you!  Unfortunately the screenshots you've provided aren't loading for me.  Is there any chance you have an Iray Aux Viewport open as well?  I should havce mentioned this earlier, but that can really slow things down as Iray reloads the scene every frame of the simulation, so best to switch away from your Aux viewport while running the simulation.

edited May 2016
    simtenero said:
    Veneris said:

I'm very sorry to hear it's freezing on you!  Unfortunately the screenshots you've provided aren't loading for me.  Is there any chance you have an Iray Aux Viewport open as well?  I should havce mentioned this earlier, but that can really slow things down as Iray reloads the scene every frame of the simulation, so best to switch away from your Aux viewport while running the simulation.

Thanks, but I'll stay with the product. It is a breakthrough for particles in DAZ Studio, I want to support you. I will expect the programmer plugin (Octane Render for DAZ) solve it. I hope to see more about particles and things about physics. Hopefully you can create a system like Realflow.

Post edited by Veneris on

Any news about the wrong collisions?

Imago said:

Any news about the wrong collisions?

HI Imago! Still haven't quite been able to reproduce the error. At 60 GPS I can collide with g3f and g2m (the test cases I've been trying) with little to no clipping. I did have a thought though, do you have any mods or products that affect the default geometry selection regions or mat groups? Reason I ask is that the simulation uses these to narrow the collision checks so it doesn't waste time checking regions the particle doesn't occupy.
    simtenero said:
    HI Imago! Still haven't quite been able to reproduce the error. At 60 GPS I can collide with g3f and g2m (the test cases I've been trying) with little to no clipping. I did have a thought though, do you have any mods or products that affect the default geometry selection regions or mat groups? Reason I ask is that the simulation uses these to narrow the collision checks so it doesn't waste time checking regions the particle doesn't occupy.

No, I use plain, classic base figures without any morph applied when this happens... I haven't tried with any morph applied... I will try and let you know!

It seems that if I move just a bit the models, the calculations goes smooth and every particle impacts correctly! I rotated the emitter just about an half of degree and everything works fine! Very strange!

Solved, I guess!

P.S.

I don't know if someone else asked the same, but I ask: There's any chance to have a decreasing emitting power? Like a squeezed ketchup bottle...

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

I see this is in Fast Grab.  One question I didn't see answered yet:  for those of us who're running without NVIDIA cards, can the sim be viewed in process or do we have to wait until it''s run to view it?

• Hi, 

I just bought the bundle in the FastGrab, great value, going to take a bit of experimenting to get the hang of it by the looks. An emmiter suggestion that leaps to mind is Volcanic eruption. I'm wondering if this could be exported to Bryce 7, but haven't had chance to try yet. Keep up the good work,

Thanx

• edited March 2017

(never mind)

Post edited by christopher-2607496 on
  • OrionPax09OrionPax09 Posts: 419

Speaking of SimTenero products, any word on SimTenero SoftBody Physics?

I'm really liking what I'm seeing on these demo videos!

edited March 2017

Wow! Look awesome!
    Where can I get it? I don't think I saw it in the store!

Post edited by Imago on
  • OrionPax09OrionPax09 Posts: 419
    Imago said:

Wow! Look awesome!
    Where can I get it? I don't think I saw it in the store!

It's not in the store yet. I just happened to find these videos and was curious. I was hoping to get some information on where this can be found, and if it's not in store yet, when the expected release date was.

• Hey, is it possible to activate colission between each of the particles? For example: filling up a glass with water. creating an expanding water puddle from a vertically downwards facing emitter.

Also is it possible to increase the number of collisions above 20?

Hey, is it possible to activate colission between each of the particles? For example: filling up a glass with water. creating an expanding water puddle from a vertically downwards facing emitter.

Also is it possible to increase the number of collisions above 20?

Simple answer: No.
    You can use Carrara for that, anyway! It is fully compatible with DAZ's files and can load up to Gen3 (with proper plugins).

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,899
    edited September 2017

... or you can use Blender, which is free.

Below are the renders of two frames from animation made in Blender.

Fluid18pic02fr035.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 467K
    Fluid18pic01fr085.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 541K
    Post edited by Artini on

@ Artini:

I guess he wants to keep using DAZ Studio. If he uses Carrara for physics, he can easily import DAZ Scene in it. I often use Carrara to do such things!

Blender is good too, but still uncompatible with DAZ!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,899

@Imago:

Could you please post some samples, rendered in Carrara, so it will encourage him or anybody else to dive in.

I have bought Carrara a very long time ago, but sadly had no success with its physics, so far.