Cell Shading... Shaders

Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Currently the only real resource for Cell Shading renders is to use pwToon's Shaders with some old free shader presets by Crescent that take a good amount of adjustment to work. I don't know what the market is for this kind of thing, but it'd be nice to see some high quality Cell Shading shaders!

Comments

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited September 2012

I'd consider PWtoon to be pretty high quality. You just need to play with it a little. I'd go so far as to say that its one of my favorite purchases.

Post edited by vrba79 on
  • TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

May I recommend Visual Style? :) I created them a short while before the website changed over.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/visual-style-shaders

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I have BishounenTaurus´s Visual Style Shaders and they are great. And I recently checked pwToon with Crescent presets and liked them very much also.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited September 2012

Currently the only real resource for Cell Shading renders is to use pwToon's Shaders with some old free shader presets by Crescent that take a good amount of adjustment to work. I don't know what the market is for this kind of thing, but it'd be nice to see some high quality Cell Shading shaders!

With appropriate set of lights, PWtoon + Crecent work fine. Image (1) and (2) were created with this combo.

But a very intensive set of light can be a problem. I'm working with a shader for cell shading that control global light intensity, global light tone, shadow coverage, and others. Image (3) and (4-5) are an example from my work. It must consider that it is in a very early stage of development.

SC_0.35_.png
    670 x 846 - 214K
    SC_0.10_.png
    670 x 846 - 228K
    l02.png
    698 x 834 - 232K
    furytoon02.png
    521 x 846 - 231K
    chib3.png
    627 x 846 - 132K
    Post edited by [email protected] on
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited September 2012

Yeah, I have BishounenTaurus´s Visual Style Shaders and they are great. And I recently checked pwToon with Crescent presets and liked them very much also.

BishounenTaurus´s Visual Style look amazing. As soon as i have access to dollars I will purchase inmediately.

Post edited by [email protected] on