Can't find the content Library for 4.5

Hi,

Well I just downloaded DAZ Studio 4.5 and when I opened it up I got an error window saying "Could not open Start up screen.... File does not exist."

So... Any advice how how I should tackle this problem?

What I'm thinking of doing is re-installing the 4.0 version and then just copying the "My library" file from there into the 4.5.

I don't know... Please help guys I really hate having to play, "Journey of the thousand Clicks" to figure this out. LOL

Alright thanks.

issues.jpg
590 x 293 - 27K

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Not going to fix things...you NEED to install the updated content, which is now a separate download...

DAZ Studio 4 Pro - Genesis Starter Essentials 1.3

• User #2154282User #2154282 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Actually it did work... LOL

Is there any real difference between the old and new version? (I'll be sure to download the Essential package later)

Another Question though... I just bought the "Thomas" character here: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/thomas-for-m4-and-genesis-m5

It says that the Texture will work for Genisis but that clearly isn't the case. When I go to my content library I find the Thomas option in the Poser Formats/Studio 3...

When I click on one of the skins the texture loads on to Genisis but you can see the white seams from the UVs. Guess they want me to use M4 or something right?

One last Question (sorry :D)... I'm importing my own OBJ meshes and then creating them into Cloths that can morph with Genisis. Problem is I want to then export that OBJ alone without Genisis with the morph. But... Whenever I delete the Genisis Character the original Mesh returns back to the way I imported it.

So is there any way to like "Bake" the morph into my Meshes before I export?...

Sorry again for all the Questions.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

It mostly works...

Part of the change is some of the files have been updated to the new duf format and a couple of locations changed.

I know...I just did this all myself earlier this week. I run on Linux under WINE and use a dedicated partition for all my content. The first time through was a real mess.

You need to change the UV mapping for it...I believe Genesis defaults to V4, so you need to switch it to M4 and it should work fine (I just got him, too...I )

The last one...I'm not sure about. Richard or one of the clothing makers would probably know. I haven't done much in the way of clothing yet (still learning).

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

the last quesiton means "export clothing as obj with genesis morph shape"?

after you adjust the clothing shjape which "fit to" genesis by auto-generated morph etc,
    set only genesis "invisible" by small eye icon on scene tab.

then select the clothing , export as obj with "ignore invisible node" option.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

and,,

if you delete genesis from the scene, the clothing (figure) keep auto generated morph as hide parameter,
    though the value have turned to "defautl zero".

so if you memorized each morphs value for changing genesis shape,
    you can regain the shape of clothing untill you delete the clothing from the scene.

you can use "auto generated morph" about poke through too.

if the clothing is fitting genesis , you can increase auto-generated morph value only.

you may check the generated morph of clothing by parameter tab "show hidden properties"
    option.

• edited December 1969

There seems to be a problem with the Mac download for GenesisStarterEssentials or either its a compatibility issue with Mac Mountain Lion.
    It gives me an "Unable to expand, "14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.4_trx.zip" error message.

What is the deal?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

werehere said:
    There seems to be a problem with the Mac download for GenesisStarterEssentials or either its a compatibility issue with Mac Mountain Lion.
    It gives me an "Unable to expand, "14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.4_trx.zip" error message.

What is the deal?

Are you using the built-in unarchiver or a third-party program?

• edited December 1969

Both. Initially system then when it kept not working, I tried a 3rd party.

edited December 1969

What's the file size? It may be an incomplete or corrupt download.

• edited December 1969

File size is 189.2 mb. I used both Firefox and Chrome to download. It didn't give errors until unarchiving.
    What else is there to do?

edited December 1969

That sounds too small -- I know DAZ 3D is looking into download issues some people are having.

• edited December 1969

Does anyone know if the installation structure for GenesisStarterEssentials on the PC? Is it the same on the Mac?
    My thinking is to install on the PC and copy over to the Mac.

The tech told me something about deleting my cache and cookies (and it has cleared the "unable to expand" issue for some.

Thoughts?

edited December 1969

The PC and Mac content is the same, so installing the PC version and copying it to the Mac will work.

• edited December 1969

What should the DAZ 3D file basic content structure be on Mac? On PC?

After copying the pc My Documents/DAZ 3D folder to my Mac Daz Content/DAZ 3D folder I'm getting

The following files were not found: "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf"

Thoughts?

edited December 1969

Can you go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager on each machine, expand the DS and Poser format sections, and post screenshots?

• edited December 1969

I just re-downloaded the "14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.4_trx.zip" file from another browser (Opera) and had no problems unarchiving it.
    I also ran the installer.

But attached are the 2 screenshots.

Daz_PC-poster.jpg
    791 x 480 - 98K
    Daz_Mac-poster.png
    791 x 480 - 248K
    edited December 1969

You said you installed the content for the Mac to "DAZ Content/DAZ 3D", but the Content Directory Manager for the Mac just says "DAZ Content". If that's what you did, it won't find the Data folder -- DS needs the Data and Runtime folders to be directly underneath the listed folder,