Studio quality render

BaldimanBaldiman Posts: 0
edited March 2016 in Bryce Discussion

Hi all. I want to make a studio render setup for some of my models in Bryce. I am mostly doing my stuff in 3ds max now, but i got some old models that i want to render out in Bryce. Any tips on light setup etc. would be nice. The picture illustrates what i am trying to achieve.  Thx.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,288
    edited March 2016

Baldiman - welcome to this forum. The render of the Utah teapot looks like a Bryce render and I'm surprised it's a Studio render. In Bryce, Global Illumination is called True Ambience (TA for short, a misnomer). There are several possibilities to go about to get the result you show here.

Click on [Website] below, on the homepage, click on Bryce & 3D CG Documents and from there Memos (PDF) and finally click on Lighting. There are links to videos by David Brinnen on YouTube and a link to a 1 page Memo for quick look up. Obscure Light, HDRI in TA Gels and Obscure Gel Light may be the first ones that may interest you. Perhaps you open the PDFs first and see the example renders of the Utah teapot done in the methods described.

Post edited by Horo on
  • BaldimanBaldiman Posts: 0

Thanks for the reply. I love David Brinnens tutorials. And i do appreciate all your resources on Bryce too. I will dive into the videos asap. You see i have made some models in Truespace and Hexagon way back. And i dont have the originals  any more. But i got them stored in my Bryce presets. I want to render them out for a showreel/portfolio. Exporting them destroys the models, so i have to render these in Bryce. This is an attempt on my Leo-temple with just white hdri and a curved plane backdrop. I hope i can improve it with some new light settings. 

Here is a link to some of my old stuff on Renderosity if you want to take a look. https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/?uid=660297

Thanks for the reply. I love David Brinnens tutorials. And i do appreciate all your resources on Bryce too. I will dive into the videos asap. You see i have made some models in Truespace and Hexagon way back. And i dont have the originals  any more. But i got them stored in my Bryce presets. I want to render them out for a showreel/portfolio. Exporting them destroys the models, so i have to render these in Bryce. This is an attempt on my Leo-temple with just white hdri and a curved plane backdrop. I hope i can improve it with some new light settings. 

Here is a link to some of my old stuff on Renderosity if you want to take a look. https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/?uid=660297

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Some interesting images there.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,288
    edited March 2016

Beautiful model, indeed, and nice artwork on Renerosity. Here's a render with the Utah teapot (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/53147/show-us-your-bryce-renders-part-9/p46) rendered in Bryce. Trying out a porcelain material.

Utah Teapot

Post edited by Horo on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited March 2016

And here's a different tea pot using my own Bryce photo studio set up.

This uses Horo and David's HDRIs for Fun (Window Lights 2A) (on special offer at the moment 40% off). And 4 radial lights (one on each corner of the backdrop).

Rendered using TA at 144RPP... It did take just over 3 hours, but as I've been out today, I just left it to it.

That's a very nice temple model BTW.

Teapot1ALT.jpg
    650 x 650 - 210K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,179

Baldiman - awesome model and nice renders at Rendo

Dave and Horo - beautiful examples.

This is what i got so far, and i think it will do. I used a curved bacdrop for the renders. On the temple i have not smoothed the bacdrop. Thats why the hard edges. On the hatchodone it is smoothed..

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797

Wow, that egg-truck looks wonderful!