BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ♫♫♫ MUSIC ♫♫♫ We have Winners

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited March 2016 in Bryce Discussion

Theme for this challenge is "♫ MUSIC ♫"

Can be anything from an interpretation of Vivaldi's Four Seasons to a picture of a tambourine, dancing musical notes to a pair of speakers, etc etc.  You get the picture

As normal 1st, 2nd and 3rd places, + 3 HMs.

This time we also have a Bryce New User, but only one, so that is an automatic prize for number #9

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

#1   Canto Ostinato

#2   Close encounters of the third kind

#3  Desert Island Music

#4 disco queen

#5  Drums of Japan

#6 Ear Worm - Can't Get That Tune Out Of  My Head

#7  Floral Music

#8  Heavy Metal

#9  Helping grass grow

#10  I've got the music bug

#11  Legends of Music - Ray Charles

#12  Mountain Music

#13  Music for the Royal Fireworks

#14  Music is Life...Music is Love

#15  Music is the noise of the soul

#16  Music Memories 

#17  Music was my first love

#18  Nowhere man

#19  Off the Record

#20  Sax On The Beach.

edited March 2016

#21  Sea Trutle song - sing alone

#22  Sea-Note

#23  Seusaphone Exhibit

#24  Share The Music

#25  Singing in the air

#26  The interplay of musical notes 

#27  The wandering Bard

#28  Vintage Tunes

edited March 2016

Ist place    #10  I've got the music bug    Dave Savage

2nd place   #5  Drums of Japan    drachenlords

3rd place   #2 Close encounters of the 3rd kind   Atlantis

HM 1     #4   Singing in the air    adbc

HM 2  #1   Canto Ostinato    Hansmar

HM 3  #16    Music Memories   Vos.

And Best Bryce New User   #9  Helping grass grow    Ati

There may have been less entires this time, but the judges said it was no easier to judge.  THey wanted about double the amount of prize winners to what we have allowed prizes for.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

congrats to all winners and entries, all the renders were awesome....thanks to the judges also, must have been a tough one :)

• AtiAti Posts: 9,107

Congratulations everyone!

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071

Well done to everyone who one a prize and a received a mention.

Oh and I almost forgot   Dave, if you are around,  you get to choose the next theme please.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

Yes always around Pam... Or at least, close by laugh I'll PM you.

Thanks and wow... I do feel slightly guilty for winning amongst some ab fab renders.

How do you think I felt getting 2nd place last time, even if I did give my prize away.  I still felt guilty as I sort of organise this, although really it runs itself.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    Wonderful judging wonderful images Congrats to all
  • AtlantisAtlantis Posts: 133

Many thanks to the judges ...congrats to the other winners...

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

Thanks for the HM and congratulations to the winners and everyone else who participated.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,288

Congratulations to each and every participant (I was not one of them this time) and the winners. Excellent entries. Tough job for the judges.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,179

Congrats to the winners and to all the participants.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920

Congratulations to all the winners :-)

• Congratulations to all the winners.
    @ Dave: I knew your picture is unbeatable. Absolutely Top! yes

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797

Congrats to winners and HMs (proud to be one of those).

Great entries to make the judges sweat. Hope next one will be as wonderful!

Congratulations to all the winners.
    @ Dave: I knew your picture is unbeatable. Absolutely Top! yes

Very kind of you to say so, but there are alot of better artists than me here and with much better imaginations, so it's always a pleasure to win a prize. smiley

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

congrats dave, your entry was worth the first prize, nice one :)

• AtlantisAtlantis Posts: 133

Thanks for store credit update...got email to.... just one question, what is the balance change ? I did have 15 dollar store credit, but suddenly it shows message, balance change to 10 dollar ????!!!!

check your account dashboard.  Store credit.   If there is still a problem please PM me.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,612

Congratulations to the winners, they are all great images, and the others are really good as well.

When I first saw "I've got the music bug" I thought it was a great image, then I saw Dave's comment that he had modelled the keyboard in Bryce! This is a wonderful level of Bryce expertese. Makes me realise I should practice a lot more (Bryce that is, not the Piano smiley). 

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Congrats to the winners :)

edited March 2016

Congratulations to the winners, they are all great images, and the others are really good as well.

When I first saw "I've got the music bug" I thought it was a great image, then I saw Dave's comment that he had modelled the keyboard in Bryce! This is a wonderful level of Bryce expertese. Makes me realise I should practice a lot more (Bryce that is, not the Piano smiley). 

Kind of you to say.... But the reality is that when I pull the camera away and re-render the picture, you'll see the modelling was only the essential bits... The rest remains incomplete laugh

Reveal.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 437K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,288

Yeah, I noticed immediately that this was not a Steinway. cheeky

• vosvos Posts: 337

Congratulations to   Dave Savage,drachenlords and Atlantis   .

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,612

Kind of you to say.... But the reality is that when I pull the camera away and re-render the picture, you'll see the modelling was only the essential bits... The rest remains incomplete laugh

Many years ago in school my Woodwork teacher used to say that a craftsman puts as much effort into the parts you can't see as the ones you can. But what we are doing here is all about appearance and illusion. The Bryce craftsman doesn't waste time modelling things that don't appear in the final image. I remain impressed.

And I never was any good at Woodwork.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,840

Wow, that was a difficult theme and wonderful ideas!, that first place was well deserved, but I liked a lot of them and Ati you had a really good render, I would never have thought that was a first!