Problem with applying material

LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,840
edited February 2016 in Bryce Discussion

I followed the "getting started" tutorial by Peter Hewitt and stumbled on a problem applying the materials ( which is curious as yesterday I managed to apply them to landscape and floor and a primitive). I am sure I selected the prop (eg the montain) as the wires are red. I tried through the Edit option and through the materials option (M) at the side of the prop. I can select something ( int the listing the materials show alright) but it already doesn't show on the spheric preview for the material and when I render it the rock stay plasic white.. tried for water and sky as well with the same result.

Edit to say: weird number two, when I load my first scene and go on from there, even creating a new file things are working...Whatever I did wron, I have a means to keep going.

Post edited by Linwelly on

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,840
    Linwelly said:

I followed the "getting started" tutorial by Peter Hewitt and stumbled on a problem applying the materials ( which is curious as yesterday I managed to apply them to landscape and floor and a primitive). I am sure I selected the prop (eg the montain) as the wires are red. I tried through the Edit option and through the materials option (M) at the side of the prop. I can select something ( int the listing the materials show alright) but it already doesn't show on the spheric preview for the material and when I render it the rock stay plasic white.. tried for water and sky as well with the same result.

Edit to say: weird number two, when I load my first scene and go on from there, even creating a new file things are working...Whatever I did wron, I have a means to keep going.

...ok another round of fiddling, now I feel stupid... I had the Textures on/off toggle sitting in off position... Yay for clicking buttons wihtout knowing what they do