This is odd but my copy/paste seems not working!

Up to yesterday and before I never had problems with the copy/paste.  But today when I try to copy a tree to paste it next to it to have a 2nd tree, it doesn't do a thing.  Normally the single 'red' wireframe object turns slightly lighter when the copy/paste is used, but it stay bright red and when I try to move the object (the copy) to it's new location the original object moves and no copy of it appears.  Cnrl C also doesn't work.  I am in view top view (looking down on to the scene) and the object zoomed in. I had even closed Bryce and reopen the scene but still not working.

Are there any other ways to copy/paste an object?

Comments

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

there sure is :) ...try selecting your object and trying "Ctrl d" ....i hope this helps :)

• launoklaunok Posts: 793
    Tim82 said:

there sure is :) ...try selecting your object and trying "Ctrl d" ....i hope this helps :)

Thank you Tim, it works perfectly. It's even quicker than to copy and paste via the dropdown menu! smiley

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

your welcome ;)

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited February 2016
    launok said:

Up to yesterday and before I never had problems with the copy/paste.  But today when I try to copy a tree to paste it next to it to have a 2nd tree, it doesn't do a thing.  Normally the single 'red' wireframe object turns slightly lighter when the copy/paste is used, but it stay bright red and when I try to move the object (the copy) to it's new location the original object moves and no copy of it appears.  Cnrl C also doesn't work.  I am in view top view (looking down on to the scene) and the object zoomed in. I had even closed Bryce and reopen the scene but still not working.

Are there any other ways to copy/paste an object?

Much more interesting way of cloning for mesh objects: Ctrl + I, then Alt + I for the following cloning.
    Thus, you achieve two things:
    a) saving memory,
    b) saving the file size.

Post edited by Slepalex on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,179
    Slepalex said:

Much more interesting way of cloning for mesh objects: Ctrl + I, then Alt + I for the following cloning.
    Thus, you achieve two things:
    a) saving memory,
    b) saving the file size.

Thanks for the tip wink