WILL HIGHER ram increase scene file size limits (i.e. adding more DAZ inports or scene elements?

I HAVE A 16 g RAM on my Asus iPower and it can fit six figures comfortably if I'm not particular about what clothing or hair thet use. I csn up to 8 or 9 if I use the 'blank millenium figures and low memory eating hair. IF i were to increase my system to a 32 or 64 gig RAM, would it increase the file capacity to add more peope, props, or combine two scenes for an amazinfg scene, and I am referring more to BRYCE rather than Studio.

BTW with your Apple O/S problems, looks like after ten years, you are facing having to finally come out with Bryce 8. Believe me, millions await this development breathlessly. I know the gaming thing has obsessed Daz for the last decade, but there are some of us that just enjoy using the most user-friendly, completely realistic environmental software ever to be. I hope Studio breaking into Hollywood movies and such hasn't kicked Bryce to the curb. It is still one of the most user friendly, easy to learn, and environmentally complete software available, able to quickly and easily replicate every environmental effect and molecule in nature from the sun above to the oceans depths beneath. Anyway, off my pedestal. I'am most intersted in the feasability of upgrading to a supercomputer that can hold a dozen or more figures plus background props and scenery. Is it worth upgrading to get a more detailed scene with a larger file size?

Comments

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

because bryce is still only a 32bit application, you will more than likely run into problems with bryce at about the 1GB mark, so far i have tested a scene that has 1.2GB of asset on a 8gb of ram pc and a 32gb of ram pc....no difference! ...both crashed at the same point.... :) i hope this helps

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,288
    edited February 2016

Brycescaper - as Tim said, Bryce is still a 32-bit application and can normally address only 2 GB. My limit is a bit higher than Tim's, I get to around 1.5 GB. However, a Win-PC can be made large address aware and that means Bryce can get to around 3.2 to 3.5 GB. I use the free LAA tool on all Bryce version from 4 up and never had issues. I have a video "Bryce Memory Shortage and what you can do about it"  that shows where you can get it for free and how to install it.

()

Post edited by Horo on