will it every run on a yosimite?

I  can quickly see my career as a fine artist coming to an end.  I have used bryce2 since the mid 90's and have recently purchased a new imac and realize that your version of Bryce will not run on this system.  Will there be any resolution to the problem in the near future or will I need to spray shoes at the bowling alley?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Well one of the regular Bryce forum members, who uses Bryce for his work, has hung on to an older Mac which still has Snow Leopard so that he can still produce his adverts

• I am still running in classic and use bryce 2.  I do have a mac that runs bryce 7.  Is there any way to open the bryce2 vewrsions files into the new bryce 7?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2016

Ye dogs,  Bryce 2, now you are going back some.   AFAIK you can open the files,  but I am not sure I still have files that old to try it out.  I can certainly open anything from Br 3 upwards, and have done so/  It does say in the drop down box of file types  Bryce 2 PC files *.brc    I assume the PC part is because I use a PC.    .brc was the file type for Bryce 2 I seem to remember.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • I would absolutely love Bryce running on the Imacs in my classroom and would buy a license for all of them. I am sure a lot of my students would buy a copy as well.

I am no developer but since it used to run on Imacs, how much developer time would it cost to update Bryce and open up a new market?

Ah well, that and worldpeace, right?

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 439

Same here Rembrant. Still running 10.6.8 in my class to utilize Bryce. Have to phase those out for new incoming imacs. Guess I'll have to teach them Blender, if we can't get a working verion of Bryce. Not willing to try to jump through hoops with snow leopard and vm ware etc. Its either every machine runs the same software or no go. Sad, I will have to rewrite my curriculum and head in a new direction.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,288

Rembrandt and wscottart - I suggest to send an email to Daz, you have valid arguments.

• Yes, maybe, in a way...

I can run Bryce 7.1 on Maverics, Yosemite & El Capitan...

Using Virtualbox ( free ) and OSX Snow Leopard Server  ( licencing restrictions require the Server version ) ( not expensive on a well - known auction site )

Still masquerading as a new user, and experimenting with Terragen - Bryce crossover