Gen 4 Facial Expressions Usable With Genesis?

BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
edited December 1969 in New Users

I think despite the broken English in the title, it says pretty much what I want to do!

I have bucketloads of facial expressions for V4 and M4 and I was hoping to make them work with Genesis, but as I recall they simply won't? Is there a way around this?

Of course, that particular problem might be solved by now, but since I'm incredibly busy doing something else at the moment I'm just planning ahead and can't try it, so I'm sorry if I'm asking a redundant question. I did try to search first.

Thanks in advance,
Barry.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I believe that you need Genesis Generation X by Dimension 3D to transfer expressions or morphs to Genesis from Generation 4 figures. I haven't heard of any new way of doing it.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I believe that you need Genesis Generation X by Dimension 3D to transfer expressions or morphs to Genesis from Generation 4 figures. I haven't heard of any new way of doing it.

That's the fella, I knew I'd seen something! Thanks for that. Sadly I'm using DS4.5 now and it says Gen X is incompatible, but it's in my wishlist ready for when it works on that platform.

Thanks again.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yeah D3D is working on updating it, so it will work in 4.5

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Should be any time soon, D3D is working on it I believe, and the DSF Toolbox as well.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Looking forward to it. I don't really know what the DSF Toolbox is though!

In the meantime, I bought Expressive for Genesis using my PC voucher. Only cost me $0.27, can't complain at that. I probably won't use them straight out of the box because I never do, everyone's already seen them, but it gives me some excellent starting points.