Bryce 5.0 Content Pack

Will this work in the latest version of Bryce?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Yes    download it manually and move the content according to Horo's instruction in his helpful PDF,  for which I have temporarily forgotten the link

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,288

... and I therefore gladly supply: https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Cheers Horo

• AtiAti Posts: 9,107

If I have "BryceProContent_7.0.0.19_Win.exe", does the 5.0 content pack give anything new?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Awesome.  I used Horo's tutorial when I first picked Bryce up and it was quite helpful (as are all of his tutorials) and refer back to it often.  Going to go back and watch them all again as soon as things settle down a bit

Ati - well, nothing new, rather a lot old. I've just checked the Bryce 5 content DVD (over 500 MB) and there's a lot of stuff, the Daz product doesn't contain it all. It's difficult for me to give you a reliable answer because I had copied a lot of stuff I got from earlier versions to Bryce 7.1. From what I see, there are goodies and also some content that you'll find Bryce 7.1 can do better. Looking at the price of the set, I think it's a bargain, cheap enough to not get overly excited if you don't like each and every bit in the set.

Horo said:

Ati - well, nothing new, rather a lot old. I've just checked the Bryce 5 content DVD (over 500 MB) and there's a lot of stuff, the Daz product doesn't contain it all. It's difficult for me to give you a reliable answer because I had copied a lot of stuff I got from earlier versions to Bryce 7.1. From what I see, there are goodies and also some content that you'll find Bryce 7.1 can do better. Looking at the price of the set, I think it's a bargain, cheap enough to not get overly excited if you don't like each and every bit in the set.

Ati I started with the newest Bryce version as well and think its well worth the cost.

also, I have another quick question - Pretty sure this is how it works but if I render a sky in Bryce and save it as a jpeg or png I can then use it in Daz as the background correct?  Either on a plane, or in the environment map etc. depending on what I am using?

Sonja - I'm not overly familiar with Daz Studio but if you can use a picture on a plane, you can also use a Bryce render. I'm not so sure about the environment map. I think that needs a spherical panorama. When you render a picture for background use in Studio (or any other 3D program), consider the size. It should be at least as large as the final Studio render, otherwise it will appear blurred or pixelized.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,107
    edited February 2016

Horo, by "new" I meant "not included in the 7.0 content pack". I hadn't even looked at the price before, yep, it does seem pretty cheap. I'll grab it with my next purchase. :) Thanks!

And thanks for pointing this out, Sonja, I didn't even know this pack existed. :)

Post edited by Ati on
    Ati said:

Horo, by "new" I meant "not included in the 7.0 content pack". I hadn't even looked at the price before, yep, it does seem pretty cheap. I'll grab it with my next purchase. :) Thanks!

And thanks for pointing this out, Sonja, I didn't even know this pack existed. :)

lol happy I could help! 

Horo said:

Sonja - I'm not overly familiar with Daz Studio but if you can use a picture on a plane, you can also use a Bryce render. I'm not so sure about the environment map. I think that needs a spherical panorama. When you render a picture for background use in Studio (or any other 3D program), consider the size. It should be at least as large as the final Studio render, otherwise it will appear blurred or pixelized.

Fantastic thank you!

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,612
    edited February 2016
    Horo said:

Ati I started with the newest Bryce version as well and think its well worth the cost.

also, I have another quick question - Pretty sure this is how it works but if I render a sky in Bryce and save it as a jpeg or png I can then use it in Daz as the background correct?  Either on a plane, or in the environment map etc. depending on what I am using?

The easiest way is to go to the environment tab, set the type to Backdrop then click on the down arrow next to the colour selector and chose Browse to find your image. This will make the image fill the entire background.

Putting the image on a plane gives you more control over the size and position of your image, I've used this to get a background to look right seen through a window in a scene. If you do it this way it's best to put the image in the ambient channel and set ambient colour to white, ambient strength to 100%, diffuse strength to 0%. That way you don't have to bother about lighting the plane. Almost forgot, the preview doesn't show the ambient image so it's best to put the image in the diffuse channel as well, set diffuse strength to 100% while you're setting the scene up and turn it down to 0% for the render.

Post edited by Peter Wade on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071

As to using the .jpg in DAZ Studio, they have to be 2:1 ratio and 4000x2000 minimum, if I remeber corectly. To get smaller ones to work in the dome then I found using Finite Dome and reducing the diameter and or the ratio of the Ground Plane helps. As I am 3000 miles from my computer this is from memory and might be wrong as I can't check it :)

Thank you both for the giving me the tech details its really appreciated.  Soo much to learn about all of this.