Daz Studio 4.9 stuck on Installing Content Manager

SkelchSkelch Posts: 275

Insalling Daz Studio 4.9 via install manager said failed when I came back to it. So I downloaded the installer and ran it, it uninstalled the 4.8 and installed 4.9 but has stuck on installing content manager, It has been running this for 2 hours

stuckcontentmanageinstall.jpg
654 x 384 - 23K
Post edited by Skelch on

Comments

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 514

Same here - no reply on the main release thread so I may have to try a fresh install

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 514

I restarted he pc and tried again and it has now installed, do you have zonealarm?

• PeteHPeteH Posts: 19

I ugraded via DIM and then tried to use 4.9 - It fails to connect to the postgres cms - doesn't appear to be an update to the postgres sub-system according to DIM.

Error message implies AV or Firewall - no info on changes required by 4.9.

I can Connect to my online account so firewall doesnt appear to be the issue and AV (Sophos) has not reported any issues.

Using Win 7 64

Each new release seems to be untested for installation!!!!

RE.jpg
    516 x 138 - 87K
  • SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    DigiDotz said:

I restarted he pc and tried again and it has now installed, do you have zonealarm?

I did the same thing, after leaving it installing all night and thank you it is working now. Smart Content is all empty. :( but I don't use that much anymore.

PeterH I got the same thing when it came on it asked me to sign in with my account I just choose to work offline instead. 

• PeteHPeteH Posts: 19

Skelch  - As I successfully connected the account, it won't, now, let me work off-line - that option is greyed out. I even turned off the network connection and still no "off-line" option.

Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling postgres with no alteration.

• Hi folks, had a similar glitch with the Smart Content Manager, but it appears to be fixing itself in drips and drops on every program restart. The actual stuff is still all there, and useable, via the drop down folder menus, but for example most of the EJ figures are still missing from the Smart, and somewhat curiously the Daz Connect thing is inviting me to download certain already loaded packages but not others, which I'm just going to ignore as a self-correcting glitch related to the updating metadata for now.

I recon we're hitting the severs hard at the moment, it seems to be downloading all new replacement metadata for every single product, for every person who opens the program. The Install Manager creaked and croaked at <10kbps yesterday, but headed back up past 1mbps today; it'll probably be back to normal soon, and that's possibly when the Smart stuff will start behaving itself.

On the plus side: unfussy 14min iray test renders now take 9mins. That's pretty impressive. The new layout of the Product Files is much better; sub-menus go down the screen instead of across.

• sacresacre Posts: 5

Ok...  I am in no means a Windows Tech expert...  Here is what I did :-)

I opened Task Manager, and every time the installation get stuck on "Installing Content Management Service", I noticed that DAZPostgresqlCMS_9.3.4.exe runs.  When I "End Task" it, the installation continued, with a warning about the CMS thing will be rather unreliable...  Yet, DAZ 4.9-32bit did run, with a PostgreSQL kind of warning...  Blah blah, it does run...

I did search a bit more about PostgreSQL and found it could be installed via DIM. So I did, to no avail :-(

Yet again, in Task Manager, I noticed lots of PostgreSQL instances.  I took a chance and End Task all of them, 32 & 64 bits...  Tried installing DAZ 4.9x32, and on Installing CMS, the DAZPostgresqlCMS_9.3.4.exe appeared, waited less than 10 seconds, and voila! the installation continued without a hickup.  DAZ 4.9x32 opened without any warning :-)

I hope it helps for you guys too :-)

Task Manager, end all Postgresql instances, run DAZ 4.9 installation, and hopefully it works for you too :-)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,674
    sacre said:

I opened Task Manager, and every time the installation get stuck on "Installing Content Management Service", I noticed that DAZPostgresqlCMS_9.3.4.exe runs.  When I "End Task" it, the installation continued, with a warning about the CMS thing will be rather unreliable...  Yet, DAZ 4.9-32bit did run, with a PostgreSQL kind of warning...  Blah blah, it does run...

I did search a bit more about PostgreSQL and found it could be installed via DIM. So I did, to no avail :-(

Yet again, in Task Manager, I noticed lots of PostgreSQL instances.  I took a chance and End Task all of them, 32 & 64 bits...  Tried installing DAZ 4.9x32, and on Installing CMS, the DAZPostgresqlCMS_9.3.4.exe appeared, waited less than 10 seconds, and voila! the installation continued without a hickup.  DAZ 4.9x32 opened without any warning :-)

I hope it helps for you guys too :-)

Task Manager, end all Postgresql instances, run DAZ 4.9 installation, and hopefully it works for you too :-)

Thanks for this!!! I finally decided to bite the bullet and move to 4.9 and had this same issue and luckily your tip helped it finish installing!! I had renamed my DAZ 3D folder before installing and after installing, named it back. All seems well with my content and since I don't use/have no use for smart content, connect or metadata, it seems I am good to go!!

• XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
    edited February 2019

Thank you, Sacre! I was having this issue when installing Daz 4.10 in a new computer. I went to the Task Manager's "Detail" tab and ended the DazPostgresqlCMS from there.

And when I tried to open Daz Studio, it was getting stuck on Upgrading CMS.. I went to the Task Manager again as you suggested and removed all the PostgreSQL instances under the Daz task.

I didn't have that issue with my older computer. It could be that I'm running Windows 10 Home edition instead of Pro. Not sure, but thanks again!

Post edited by XpiderMan on
  • just tried to install DAZ Studio  4.9 on my computer. It hangs on "content manager". Tried everything from deactivating firewall and some of the steps with the task manager. No succes! Thank you for stealing one hour of my lifetime. Good bye

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,147

just tried to install DAZ Studio  4.9 on my computer. It hangs on "content manager". Tried everything from deactivating firewall and some of the steps with the task manager. No succes! Thank you for stealing one hour of my lifetime. Good bye

What security software are you using?

• sacre said:

Hi - just wanted to say thank you for that, really helpful. Currently running 4.10 (whatever) ran into a thing where it wasn't letting me save scenes anymore. Long story short, I re-installed. Everuything going great till Content  Management. Your tip still works, also fixed the saving bug. I', officially a very happy person. Thank you. : )

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    sacre said:

Hi - just wanted to say thank you for that, really helpful. Currently running 4.10 (whatever) ran into a thing where it wasn't letting me save scenes anymore. Long story short, I re-installed. Everuything going great till Content  Management. Your tip still works, also fixed the saving bug. I', officially a very happy person. Thank you. : )

Is there a reason you're not using version 4.11?

• Same problem with 4.12 on my secondary PC

• XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426

I had issues with other softwares as well. I found out it was the McAfee program that came with the computer that was blocking a lot of the new software I was trying to install, even if I had selected as "safe" to installed. The only way I was able to solve this was by removing McAfee. I'm not recommending to do this if you don't have another virus protection software, but that's what worked for me, since McAfee was being very limited for my needs.

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,336

Same problem with Vers.  4.15.  Attempting all the fixes mentioned in this thread.

• MacislavMacislav Posts: 126

Same problem with 4.21 64 bit windows

• I have the same problem with 4.21

• this is my problem?

2f8393b54159169e85d77a7622b93c.jpg
    654 x 384 - 20K