Animal lovers: Wolf 2.0 for Poser released

2»

Comments

• Wow, so I activate LAMH Editor and now as soon as I try to open the LAMH Kangaroo Scene I saved DAZ Studio 4.9 crashes fast!

I can't say why that happens without seeing the log files (DS and LAMH). Can you at least open the single LAMH figures and remake the scene?

I'm not sure what is wrong. eg.

a) I can load a Genesis 2 Base character, Open the LAMH Editor, close LAMH Editor, close DAZ Studio without saving anything and the I get a crash from DAZ Studio during close.

b) I can load a Genesis 2 Base character, close DAZ Studio without saving anything and the I get no crash from DAZ Studio during close.

c) My saved Kangaroos.duf scene as above crashes DAZ Studio now when I try to open after activate LAMH

d) After activation of LAMH and your post above I recreated the scene of Kangaroos.duf - it has all the same elements as the picture above except the render settings must be different as I haven't changed them. I open the LAMH Editor, make no changes, close the LAMH Editor and DAZ Studio saving nothing and I don't get the DAZ Studio crash on closing like I do just for loading the vanilla Genesis 2 Male and opening and closing the LAMH editor.

So something in Kangaroos.duf render / shader setting is causing a crash. And something, probably a default shader / render setting, in the Genesis 2 Male is causing a crash. My new Kangaroos 2.duf scene with Kangaroo & Joey does not crash DAZ Studio.

I can't remember where the LAMH log files are but if you tell me I will email them to you or post them here.

Probably there is something saved uncorrectly on the very first scene you made (a LAMH bug or issue of some kind). So the 2nd scene you made is now loading/saving correctly?

You can contact me at [email protected]

LAMH log file is in your Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/logFile.txt
    DAZ Studio log file is accessible from menu View->Help->Troubleshooting->View log file

OK, I will test & send you the log file each of the scenarios above. I am busy with outside work so it will take a few days. Thanks. 

You're welcome, see you in a few then...

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    LadyLight said:

So, I am not one to give up easily, but after hours of trial and error with the hair converter and every other thing I can think of,  UNCLE.  The hair converts all well and fine, but can't texture it to look like it's original hair.

Guess the wolf is just not to be inVue, which is disappointing as I have SO much trouble with lights in Poser.   Still, not the fault of the Wolf, he's perfectly lovely in his Poser habitat.

Thanks again, love him though I can't use him in vue as I had hoped.

Couldn't you just post-work (e.g. photoshop) a D|S render of the wolf into a Vue render of the scene?  Or use your Vue render as a backdrop for your D|S render?  Obviously you'd have to match the lighting and all that. I do this all the time, using Carrara landscape renders - while not Vue, they're are still pretty spectacular.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,585

Since RDNA's products will be 'ported here to DAZ, it would be fascinating to see what might be done with Lady LittleFox's "Melody" and "Micah" figures in terms of "fur".

I'm pleased with what I have been able to achieve using just textures, "bumps" and displacements (and depicted in the attcahed image, but to be covered in actual "hair/fur" like Juddy Hopps in the newly released "Zootopia", THAT would be something!

Sincerely,

Bill

61d0b005f035c9d4e37946e5e9d7ac.jpg
    800 x 800 - 93K
  • I purchased this wolf as well for poser and it's awesome.  Thank you LadyLight for the fix for Poser 10 because mine was crashing as well.  Here's an image using the wolf in Poser 10.

RoamingWolf.jpg
    1183 x 1090 - 2M
  • I purchased this wolf as well for poser and it's awesome.  Thank you LadyLight for the fix for Poser 10 because mine was crashing as well.  Here's an image using the wolf in Poser 10.

I am glad my comment helped you.  :)  I would be very interested to know if anyone has imported the Wolf from Poser into Vue successfully, or if it's even possible.  

In the past I was able to use the snow leopard with dynamic hair so figured there is something I am overlooking.   

• Hello, I've just purchase Wolf for Poser and I wonder how can be aimated as if it would have inverse kinematic. Could you advise about any tutorial or are you going to add IK in future versions?