Does the glass of this window have any magic of refraction?

I rendered an image of the outside of the room looking into the inside through a window.
The first image, before rendering
The second image, the hidden wall, the rendering, everything is normal, everything is as I expected
The third picture, which does not hide the wall, render, and reflect the scene in the window, does not belong to the scene that can be seen from a normal Angle.

I don't understand, for the first time in the DAZ encountered this kind of enchanted window

P1.png
2252 x 1712 - 2M
P2.png
2223 x 1682 - 5M
P3.png
2197 x 1664 - 3M

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,830

Looks like regular refraction to me, the the IoR might be a bit too high. Where do you have it set now?

• kyoreonakyoreona Posts: 168

Gordig said:

Looks like regular refraction to me, the the IoR might be a bit too high. Where do you have it set now?

thank you ! I found it ! surface,[refraction index] ,set it to 1,everything goes right !! 

• felisfelis Posts: 4,165

Refraction index of 1 is air.

I think your problem might be that you should have set thin film to On, assuming that your glass is a thin plane, and not with volume.

• kyoreonakyoreona Posts: 168

felis said:

I think your problem might be that you should have set thin film to On, assuming that your glass is a thin plane, and not with volume.

I'm sorry, where can I find the options you mentionedsurprise

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,830
    edited July 27

kyoreona said:

felis said:

I'm sorry, where can I find the options you mentionedsurprise

Felis misspoke; you're looking for thin-walled, not thin film. It's under Volume:

thinwall.PNG
    490 x 426 - 31K
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,165

Bad memory blush