Help render and AMD

Hello everyone.

I have an AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT, but I don't know how to make Daz Studio work with this card.

I tried to change in Render settings - advance - Scripted 3Delight RSL, but nothing happened, nothing changed... I tried with 3Delight RSL and nothing happened either.

AMD is not compatible with DAZ Render?

I hope you can help me and see if I can take advantage of my card and Daz Studio.

Regards.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,075

What do you mean? 3Delight does not use GPU acceleration at all (in the version included with Daz Studio - newer versions do, but their shader system is different so all materials would be broken). Iray uses only nVidia cards for GPU acceleration (which may be true of the newer 3Delight, too).

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,358
    edited July 26

3DL renders with the CPU only.

As for Iray, it can render with CPU or with an Nvidia GPU.

Post edited by Leana on
  • PadonePadone Posts: 3,587

You can use filament, that's the only one which will use amd cards in daz studio, but it's more a preview render engine not full featured as 3dl or iray. As an alternative you can export to blender and work there, both cycles and eevee work fine with amd cards. There's the daz bridge and diffeomorphic to do that, I recommend the latter.

• jmtbankjmtbank Posts: 173

Main recourse would be to export to Blender.

• I just hooked up a 6650 XT yesterday and had the WTF first render.
    The 3DL is going to come back with sections of white because most textures now are Iray. It did that on the card I replaced too.
    If you just run it with defaults on the NVIDIA Iray(MDL) you are going to get noise, sparkles, random pixels, whatever you want to call it.

So, in your Iray renderer, go to the Editor tab. Then down to "Filtering"
    Turn Noise Degrain Filtering on. I am currently using Level 2 and getting good results.
    More fine tuning will be needed for perfect, but its not impossible to use inside DAZ.

Noise Filtering Test Level 2.png
    1024 x 999 - 1M
  • Cameron_Slygar said:

I just hooked up a 6650 XT yesterday and had the WTF first render.
    The 3DL is going to come back with sections of white because most textures now are Iray. It did that on the card I replaced too.
    If you just run it with defaults on the NVIDIA Iray(MDL) you are going to get noise, sparkles, random pixels, whatever you want to call it.

So, in your Iray renderer, go to the Editor tab. Then down to "Filtering"
    Turn Noise Degrain Filtering on. I am currently using Level 2 and getting good results.
    More fine tuning will be needed for perfect, but its not impossible to use inside DAZ.

If you're using an AMD, or intel, GPU, your system is cpu rendering regardless of render engine.

3delight is cpu only, no gpu acceleration at all.

Iray is only compatible with Nvidia gpus for acceleration.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,922

First rules for DAZ Studio as your main application:
    No Macs, as much RAM as possible and only Nvidea GPUs with at least 12 GB VRAM