Have you used Sidra or Arcturian SF characters?

https://www.daz3d.com/dav-sidra-hd-for-genesis-9-feminine

https://www.daz3d.com/arcturian-hd-for-genesis-9

I don't use G9 much but I do a lot of SF & fantasy and these are unique characters. Plus Sidra is at a very good price right now. But, there's only 1 or 2 posts about either one. And I would rather not have to deal with returns. (I recently got stuck with a problematic product because it was paid with an $X off coupon code.)

1. Are Sidra and Arcturian friendly to less powerful computers? 

2. Does Sidra look good with much lower sub D? One post mentioned it was level 4.

3. Anyone tried Sidra with G9 masculine or Arcturian with G9 feminine?

4. Most of the Arcturian promos are unclothed. Is it easy to fit clothing to this figure?

5. The description says Sidra has a face geograph. Can you use it without the geograph, possibly for a more human looking face? Even with eyes?

6. Any other information about either character, or tips for working with them?

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,415

Arcturian does not use the Masculine base shape, it is all in the character. It does not respond much to feminine shaping, but applying Base Feminine does widen the hips and narrow the shoulders a bit. The chest is pretty rigid, so you'll need to use the breast morphs to get anything, um, noticeable. As to fitting clothes, he is Genesis 9 Base, so clothing is no problem.

Sidra's face geograft can be removed, but it only covers the eyes and brows down to the nose. The uncovered parts take on the same materials as the rest of the forehead. There are no eyes or eyelashes, but they can easily be added. The texture maps take care of most of the details, so higher levels of sub-d are not absolutely required, unless you want to see all the creases and pits on the skin up close. (Ew, what is that?)

Sidra does not use the Base Feminine setting, so you will have to dial out the female attributes, not that they are very prominent. There are no Sidra Male settings, so you'll have to make do with Base Masculine, and other generic morphs.

As to the load on computers, no more than any other characters with PBRSkin.

• I probably will pick both up then. Not too worried about the genders myself; mostly brought that up because it might be useful information for someone. While Non-Mammal Nonhuman With Boobs is practically an SF trope, it's not the only possibility. The secondary sex characteristics aren't obvious to other species; only 1 of however many genders ever leaves the home planet for practical/cultural reasons; its a single gender species with asexual reproduction all come to mind. If either of these species is mammalian, it is more likely to be Sidra's IMO.

I haven't used the PBR skins much, except for trying out some of the G9 characters that come with the Starter Essentials and those didn't seem to tax my system. So the Sidra & Arcturian skins shouldn't be a problem.

Now adding eyes might be troublesome since I have no idea how to do that. Are they separate parts in G9, like lashes and brows? Do I just pick a pair from another character (or even a G9 creature)?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,415

You can use the eyes (and associated parts) from the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials, no problem, or any other G9 figure, I guess.

• NorthOf45 said:

You can use the eyes (and associated parts) from the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials, no problem, or any other G9 figure, I guess.

I will try that tonight. In fact I will try original & plus eyes. See which I like best...or maybe get BOGO aliens...or geograft is a symbiont or parasite...

• Update: I ended up holding off on Sidra (but it looks like the character is still at a good price this week).

However, I did buy the Arcturian and tried it out last night. Autofit worked very well for https://www.daz3d.com/glowfi-bodysuit-for-genesis-3, even the boots. A test render of Arcturian plus Zelara 8, both in Glow-fi suits, took a bit over 20 minutes to get to 80+% on my not-so-robust laptop. So I am very happy & recommend Arcturian.