I liked the price-reductions in terms of percent off. Where'd they go?

lukon100lukon100 Posts: 796

I liked the price-reductions in terms of percent off. Where'd they go?

Comments

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 2,003
    Unless they're rolling out even more variations to some users, on desktop I've got the percents by the price, on mobile it's at the top of the images on the product page. If you're seeing another layout you might want to share a screenshot.
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,717

It's more A/B site testing. I for example, am still seeing the percentages off. I did see the "you save____" flag briefly but not anymore.

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,965

Mine are gone too and I don't like it. It's another instance of if it's not broke, don't fix it that I see time and again with websites. 

• I made a comment a few weeks back on the forums that I didn't focus on too much on the percentage off and was more interested in the price I would be paying, by which I meant the price in cart. Something like "90% off doesn't mean much to me if the price still isn't one I'm willing to pay". I've seen comments from others that have sometimes manifested in store changes soon after. I think someone is reading the forums, which is a good thing in my book. I'm a UX engingineer and, for me, the forums should be a treasure trove of free user feedback for any user researcher, designer or business analyst.

But yeah, despite my comment, which was more about pricing strategy than design and still holds true, I didn't take to this particular experiment either, but I do appreciate that it happened. Percentages are still important for me when working out a starting point of what could end in the cart. And I like them to be the base percentage off for any particular collection of products rather than the percentage I could get if I also added products from other sales collections. Didn't enjoy putting things in the cart and seeing the percentages drop - I prefer figuring out which sales I'm interested in and restricting my calculations to those. I suspect I fall more into a power user type, for whom clear, simple sales copy (text) is most useful. My last sift is in cart - more of a "ok, percentages are good, but are the prices too?" step. I'll often dump items that are 95% off but not what I'd pay, but I'll also keep items that are 70% off but at prices I would pay.

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 772

Why not have both that way those who want to be told how much they are saving  are happy, as well as those of us who want to know the % off it is. (If they are trying to figure out which one to use which it seems they are since it seems to be switching back and forth)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,675
    edited July 25

Malandar said:

Why not have both that way those who want to be told how much they are saving  are happy, as well as those of us who want to know the % off it is. (If they are trying to figure out which one to use which it seems they are since it seems to be switching back and forth)

I am (and have been for the last few days) seeing both. The % off is a small red banner on the product icon and the amount saved is below the icon:

store percent off.jpg
    561 x 508 - 61K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • lukon100lukon100 Posts: 796

Charlie Judge said:

Malandar said:

I am (and have been for the last few days) seeing both. The % off is a smaal red banner on the product icon and the amount saved is below the icon:

It turns out the percentages are indeed in these new product avatrar banners for me as well. It is likely I just did not notice.

Well, ok then. Cool. Now we have the percentage AND the money saved befor us.

• RandomRandom Posts: 203
    edited July 28

To me it's really stupid to have these big tags hidding a lot of the sale image. Can't generate interest if the shopper can't see enough of the image to become interested. My eyes just move on.

Post edited by Random on