Gescon: Constructive Solid Geometry Program

GreycatGreycat Posts: 334

I purchased the Gescom program because it looked like a good idea. I downloaded and installed it and all I have is 11 porps. According to the product page it comes with a PDF manual and plugin, I've looked everywhere and they don't seem to be there. I'm I missing something?  Because right now this program doesn’t work at all.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,239

Have you looked for the manual in Content Library > Products > Gescon?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,118
    Did you install with DIM? Did you enter your serial number for the plugin in Help>About installed plugins? Serial numbers for purchased plugins are in your account. After entering your serial number, did you look for the plugin in the Workspace tabs menu? The product comes with everything advertised, so you must have an installation error, or missing serial number, or aren't looking in the right place.
  • columbinecolumbine Posts: 434
    edited July 25

Gescon and Bemar's other plugins (Thickener, Typi3D) are a little tricky to locate IMO.

Look under Window menu and select Panes(Tabs) ... Gescon will be listed there IF you have registered it. See next step. You can, of course, dock the Gescon pane somewhere, but I use it seldom enough that I don't keep it docked and always have to get at it that way.

All of Bemar's plugins need you to enter a serial number. Go into Help -> About Installed Plugins and find it in the list; if it doesn't show a green plug icon and has a space to the right to enter a code, you haven't registered it yet. Go into My Account and then Serial Numbers here on the site, find its serial number, enter it there and press the green checkmark. Then restart Studio.

Finally, though they all have documentation, the docs are not anywhere in your local content library structure, because plugins go into a different place, the directory structure for the Studio software itself. Your installation setup may vary (I use a nonstandard one myself) but you're looking under (wherever you've put) DAZ 3D -> DAZStudio4 -> docs -> plugins -> Gescon Constructive Solid Geometry

Post edited by columbine on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,118
    edited July 25
    To find documentation for a plugin, hit the F1 key in Daz Studio to open the help window. Then navigate to the plugin section and the specific plugin you want.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • GreycatGreycat Posts: 334

Just so you know I've been with DAZ Studio since the beginning. When I say I've looked everywhere, I mean I've looked EVERYWHERE! And yes it was installed using DIM. I can't find the plugin. I have the serial number, but the plugin is not in the plugin list. Even if I found the plugin I have no idea how to get in the plugin list. I'm at a dead end, the thing left is the dreaded customer service. Thanks for trying.