I Accidentally Deleted ALL the Smart Content Metadata

I was trying to organize the content I bought from a third party vender and I accidentally deleted the default categories in the categories tab. In so doing, I accidentally removed Smart Content's ability to organize the products I bought in the DAZ store automatically. Is there a way that I can restore this data? I tried unistalling DAZ and reinstalling it. This did nothing. Now my projects take hours to complete beacuse I have to hunt down the products individually. If anyone has a solution other than starting again from scratch, it would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,165

Not sure how you have deleted the metadata.

But have you tried in the Smart Content tab, click on the 3 bars in the corner and select Content DB Maintainance > Re-import metadata.

You can select that it shall reimport from all products. It will take a while.

• GeoDudeGeoDude Posts: 7

Thnk you! I gave it a try and only a few things came back. It's a start. I'll do some further research. Thanks again!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,075

You shouldn't be able to completely remove the vendor data (that comes from the store) except by deleting the products entirely - it may go from the purely database driven panes, but it should still be present in the Content Library pane.

Yeah, I'm just gonna have to use the Product Library pane until we (the community) can come up with a solution. It'll be time consuming but it's better than having to start from square 1. Thank you! I'll check back for other suggestions. Thank you again!

Assuming that you are using DIM to install, if you then in DIM click re-install, will that bring the metadata back?

Tried reinstalling from the DIM. That didn't work.

I don't understand why it is happening.

The only suggestion I can come with is to first reset the database, and then re-import all metadata. It might be that your CMS somehow has gone corrupt.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,483

In your operating system, take a look in the (your library)/Runtime/Support folder. Are there a whole lot of files in there?

Woo hoo! I reset the database and reimported the metadata! It worked! Thank you all for your help!!

Next time, I'll think twice before I try to declutter by categories tab.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!